home

Author Topic: Ring GW and Complain Every Week  (Read 9165 times)

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Ring GW and Complain Every Week
« on: August 06, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »
Haha , I just rang again,

Highlights of the conversation ..

me - ''how have people generally taken to this total departure from warhammer''

GW Staff - big pause.......... ''um, well, most people seem to be getting their heads round it, I will admit there has been some scepticism , but generally people are giving it a try , it's easy to get into you can play with like 10 models vs 10 models and the rules are free, it's not like a list based game that takes several hours, any one can pic it up and play  ''

me ''for the reasons of exactly what you have just told me it sounds terrible''

GW '' i'm sorry you feel that way ''

click click brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

HAHA
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline SoonerSox

• Members
Re: Ring GW and Complain Every Week
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 04:12:45 PM »
It's obvious a lot of people aren't coping with the recent changes very well. There are countless tips on the internet concerning coping with change, but good lord man. Complaints are understandable for a short time but constant complaining and belittling people who have enjoyed AoS is going to just alienate the people you are seeking to build a rapport with.

I think it's time to step back and let time do it's healing magic so that you can move on.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 04:23:29 PM »
It's like that British film, Worlds End,

where they go on the pub crawl, and one by one each person gets taken over by aliens, until finally only a couple of them are left sane!

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 04:24:43 PM »
or, don't waste your time and energy on something you don't like, and just stop spending money on GW stuff.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »
I think Finlay has the right of it here.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 04:30:27 PM »
I'm seriously concerned that I may wake up tomorrow and somehow the aliens will have got to me, and i'll be full of enthusiasm for the giant Sigmar Space Marines and their Obsidion Portal Archways !

noooooooooooooooooo

Offline SoonerSox

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 04:46:16 PM »
Well Chumley, from the tone of your posts it does appear you are enjoying some of Bugman's finest so I can't fault you for that!

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 05:06:44 PM »
I'm seriously concerned that I may wake up tomorrow and somehow the aliens will have got to me, and i'll be full of enthusiasm for the giant Sigmar Space Marines and their Obsidion Portal Archways !

noooooooooooooooooo
I have absolutely 0 desire to play AoS or buy any of the models. My "house rule" for AoS is "we're not playing that shit in my house!"

there are PLENTY of people who feel the same way.

But trolling the AoS board, designed to stop this sort of thing happening, is a wee bit daft.

Come into the counts tavern and talk about Frostgrave, Westfalia Hobbits or MTG (which is a better game than anything GW have produced, albeit with it's own problems and not a miniature game!).
Stick in the EF and talk about 6th, 7th, 8th, 8th revisions etc.

Also remember it's no the blueshirts fault GW did this, so unfair to punish them!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »
Yes, we isolated AoS on this forum, to insulate ourselves and make it easier to neutralise them at a later date, but let us not get ahead of things by meddling in their affairs, which will only lead to cross contamination again. 
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 06:35:23 PM »
ok I've slipped off the wagon as Darkknight points out, i'm really trying hard,

I managed a few days without childish mockery !

I will try to focus on calling GW every week to relieve my disdain !

haha

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 07:20:46 PM »

noooooooooooooooooo

One of us! One of us!

Should I begin sketching you hugging a Sigmarine with the words "AoS-4-ever" above it? :engel:

noooooooooooooooooo
I have absolutely 0 desire to play AoS or buy any of the models. My "house rule" for AoS is "we're not playing that shit in my house!"

there are PLENTY of people who feel the same way.

But trolling the AoS board, designed to stop this sort of thing happening, is a wee bit daft.

Come into the counts tavern and talk about Frostgrave, Westfalia Hobbits or MTG (which is a better game than anything GW have produced, albeit with it's own problems and not a miniature game!).
Stick in the EF and talk about 6th, 7th, 8th, 8th revisions etc.

Also remember it's no the blueshirts fault GW did this, so unfair to punish them!

This! Especially the blueshirts thing, you're not hurting GW by giving the people that are just making a living a headache.

Yes, we isolated AoS on this forum, to insulate ourselves and make it easier to neutralise them at a later date, but let us not get ahead of things by meddling in their affairs, which will only lead to cross contamination again.

Yes, we're very easily neutralized and not a growing contamination threat like out of sci-fi horror movies that takes over everything.  Honest. :engel:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 07:35:16 PM »
It's like nazi freaking Germany around here at the moment sometimes. Live and let live. If you must, go and rage or be sarcasticly smug in the non-AoS forum please, there are already a plethora of vitriolic threads to choose from.
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »
It's like nazi freaking Germany around here

Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 07:48:33 PM »
Agreed with Alexis, can't we all just get along? Before the changes to warhammer our communities were renowned for their good spirited nature and overall friendliness. I hope we can get that feeling back again soon. :smile2:

I also want to apologize for my previous trolling comments, I guess I just got a little fed up with the hate. :blush: :blush:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
I'm just having a giggle, come on, seriously , talk of heman and phallic handles to the vortex gates, it's clearly a wind up

if AOS was to release some 28 mm love , I would probably do a 180 and buy all of it lol

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 08:48:17 PM »
I have to warn you all.
When I get dragged to the next eurobash by someone who shall remain nameless, and I see any of this travesty, I might just eat the miniatures involved.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 09:05:11 PM »
No, Syphon, don't eat the miniatures, they are made of plastic! :icon_wink: :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 09:50:24 PM »
It's like nazi freaking Germany around here

Not quite unexpected perhaps - Alexis is a Greek name, after all.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 10:08:32 PM »
If you must, go and rage or be sarcasticly smug in the non-AoS forum please, there are already a plethora of vitriolic threads to choose from.
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 10:14:52 PM »
If you must go and rage or be sarcasticly smug in the non-AoS forum, please, there are already a plethora of vitriolic threads to choose from.

Like this one? (FTFY)

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 10:17:21 PM »
Ending this now as I frankly can't be bothered. I'm too busy painting my Age of Sigmar army to be drawn into this any further.

Offline Vlad Von Carstein

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 10:34:05 PM »
What i dont understand is, why would people who dont like AoS, be posting in the AoS forum section, i thought that was the point of making the AoS section, to keep the anti AoS brigade happy else where so tehy dident have to look any anyting AoS, i can only think that anyone posting in the AoS section who is anti AoS with anti AoS posts would be here trolling and nothing else.

Offline Vauln

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 12:43:46 AM »
Exactly where are the Mods?  :unsure:

Offline Vauln

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 12:45:56 AM »
Chum, The fact that you are prank calling GW like a 12 year old boy and then take the time to get on this forum to talk about it is pathetic. Take that bull shit somewhere else.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 01:22:20 AM »
This thread is looking like Back Table material.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra