home

Author Topic: [2000 pts] - Newb's TVI list. Please comment/improve!  (Read 614 times)

Offline Joseph Prior

• Members
[2000 pts] - Newb's TVI list. Please comment/improve!
« on: June 22, 2007, 10:17:25 PM »
I posted the initial version of this list way back in May. I've made some minor changes, and am re-posting to try and get some help with the list.

Its basically TVI and I'm happy with the concept, but I've never played an Empire army larger than 750 points, so I'm not entirely sure how the synergies work.

Without further ado..

Empire General (in the Spearmen)  (157)
FPA, Barded Warhorse, Lance, Shield, "The Silver Horn"

Captisus (150)
FPA, Pegasus, Lance, Shield, Pistol, "Doomfire Ring"

Battle Wizard (130)
Lvl 2, Lore of Whatever I Choose that Day, Rod of Power (the sweet dice storing one)

Warrior Priest (in the Knights) (110)
Hvy Arm, Shield, Barded Warhorse
___

Spearmenx30
Full Command
"Warbanner"
-DET - 9 Halberds
-DET - 10 Handgunners

Swordsmenx25
Full Command
- DET - 9 Free Co.
- DET - 5 Archers

Swordsmenx25
Full Command
-DET - 9 Free Co.
-DET - 5 Archers

Knights of the Random Chapterx5
Musician

Greatswordsx10
Musician, Standard
-DET - 5 Free Co.

Great Cannon
Great Cannon
Helblaster OR Helstrom, not sure yet.

Its 1993 or 1997 depending on if I got Helblaster or Helstrom.

Anyway, thats the list, the Spears go in the middle with the General and the Helblaster with the Swords on the flanks and the Cavalry deployed to counter enemy flankers. The Greatswords go behind the spears and act as a "ready reserve" to plug gaps or help turn the tide on a folding flank.

This list is pretty solid in my opinion, But I still feel it could use some work and some fine tuning, and thats where you guys come in!

EDIT: Another option is to replace the Greatswords with a unit of 5 Pistoliers/Outriders who could act as a more shooty ready reserve, but they have less staying power and aren't stubborn, so its a toss up. Ideas?

Thanks again,

J. Prior

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: [2000 pts] - Newb's TVI list. Please comment/improve!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 05:03:52 PM »
Looks good.  My only comment is about the Silver Horn.  It can work, but it can easily be dispelled.  Make sure you cast your spells and other bound items first so you can make sure you can use that for maximum effectiveness.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...