home

Author Topic: 2500 Lietpold the Black Inverted Griffon List  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Dotification

• Members
2500 Lietpold the Black Inverted Griffon List
« on: April 04, 2014, 05:03:37 AM »
Updated 4/7/14

Hi all, first post!

So I'm a big fan of HHG's tactica work with his Griffon formations, but I wanted to put my own spin on it with a mixed army list, to have Humans & Dwarfs fighting together in the same army, brought together by GOLD!  :::cheers:::  The General of this army would be the infamous Lietpold the Black from FW's Tamurkhan book, who is one of my favorite models.  Warrior Priests & named Elector Counts are quite disgusted by him & thus are not available to me, nor are Steam Tanks!  Point & dollar-wise; the Landship is out of my price-range :dry:

I would do this using Lietpold the Black's Dark Renown trait to select a Core choice from either Bret's, Ogres, or Dwarfs as my anvil horde.  Ogre Bulls with Ironfists & Dragonhide Banner is certainly an option, but I have no desire to model or field them TBH.  Then I came across Dwarf Quarrellers, who stand & shoot @ no penalty with their Dwarven Crossbows, and for 2 pts. more (14 total) I can give them Great weapons (S6 charges!), making them a very solid 2-way unit.  And if I roll well on their Ancestral Grudge table, then I can replace WP's Hatred vs. the enemy General/characters/all.

Comparison:
Dwarf Quarrellers                    vs.                  Greatswords
Ld. 9                                        vs.                  Ld. 8/Stubborn
Heavy Armor, Toughness 4     vs.                  Plate Armor, T3
30" range & CC                       vs.                  CC only

Contextually, I would be playing casually @ a FLGS with friends who field VC, WoC, HE (I think he's getting sick of winning most of the time, so DoC is next), & another noobie is talking about trying Lizardmanz.  If we start Friday night 2v2's or possibly 5-man FFA's then I would prolly have to shave the list down to finish matches by midnight.  It's semi-competitive, with an gentlemen's agreement not to cheese each other too much. :engel:
Alas, I don't have room for a Celestial Hurricanum atm, which looks rad & has nice buffs!  :ph34r:

LORDS (470 Pts.)(<25%/>625)
[General] Lietpold the Black - 245 Points
Battle Wizard Lord w/ Lore of Light [Level 4] + Dispell Scroll - 225 Points

HEROES (317 Pts.)(<25%/>625)
Captain w/ BSB, Full plate/Enchant Shield/Crown of Command/Handgun/Dragonbane Gem/WarriorBane - 157 Pts
Witch Hunter - 50 Points
Captain Edvard Van Der Kraal - 120 Points

CORE (683 Pts.)(>25%/>625)
20 Archers - 140 Points
11 Inner Circle Knights w/Musician, w/ Standard/ of Steel - 330 Points (Lietpold's)
19 Manaan's Blades Swordsmen w/FC, Sea Bride Standard  - 213 Points (Van Der Kraal's squad)

SPECIAL (617 Pts.)(<50%/<1250)
Great Cannon - 120 Points
2x 5 Outriders w/ Sharpshooters - 230 Points
4 Demigryph Knights w/Musician, Standard Bearer/of Discipline or Swiftness???- 267 Points

RARE (0)(>25%/>625)

OTHER (412 Pts.)
Dwarf Quarrellers x28 w/standard-bearer, w/ musician, +great-weapons -

2499 Points Total

But then I have concerns with deployment, & resulting tactica;

Left to Right Battle formation:

Outridersx5_________Archersx5_Dwarf Horde w/BSB.&.WH_Archersx5_Outriders x5
DGKx4_Great Cannon_Swordsx15_WizLord's Archer bunkerx10_______Lietbold's ICKs x12

Anchor my right/east flank with terrain then?  Lietpold's ICK troop gets an extra attack on their lance charge, which is hopefully the knockout punch on whatever's been softened up by all my S3-S4 shootin' & DGK's.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:48:36 AM by Dotification »

Offline Dotification

• Members
Re: 2500 Lietpold the Black Inverted Griffon List
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 07:34:38 AM »
This is the internet, & no one has an opinion here on this??  :icon_neutral:

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:50:52 AM »
I did look at it, but didn't have an opinion on it really..

But looking at it again a few things notice:
BSB captain has 2 magic armour pieces (shield and helm) he can have only 1 and he can't have a repeater handgun only a normal one (unless your game scene with this Lietpold dude gives you clearance to use these)

Also 14 swordsmen aren't going to do much even if they are stubborn and have fear

Otherwise I'm not really into specialized/combined lists with (for me) unknown characters
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Dotification

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 09:43:14 AM »
Thanks for your input, I have edited accordingly.  For my last 5-6 points I gave my Captain a Warrior Bane weapon in case a Demon Prince or some other nasty tracks him down.

In defense of my 5x4 block of Manaan's Swordsmen (aside from fluff & model quality) is that they are there to support the Quarrellers' horde, & with Capt. Van Der Kraal/CVDK they hold up well with parry saves (do these stack with 'normal' ward saves by chance?) + Stubborn as a secondary anvil, while their SB Standard causes Fear & gives +1 to pursuit rolls.  Then CVDK gives them bite as he is a WS 6 assassin with Regen 5+, who gets a shot @ Killing Blow (which he is immune to) on his fourth/last-second-surprise-attack.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 09:06:45 PM »
Thanks for your input, I have edited accordingly.  For my last 5-6 points I gave my Captain a Warrior Bane weapon in case a Demon Prince or some other nasty tracks him down.

In defense of my 5x4 block of Manaan's Swordsmen (aside from fluff & model quality) is that they are there to support the Quarrellers' horde, & with Capt. Van Der Kraal/CVDK they hold up well with parry saves (do these stack with 'normal' ward saves by chance?) + Stubborn as a secondary anvil, while their SB Standard causes Fear & gives +1 to pursuit rolls.  Then CVDK gives them bite as he is a WS 6 assassin with Regen 5+, who gets a shot @ Killing Blow (which he is immune to) on his fourth/last-second-surprise-attack.
If those were normal Empire crossbowmen, my reaction would be "W.T.F!?! :-O", but since they're quarrellers....

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 10:05:45 PM »
There is an ever greater smell of threadomancy in the air...
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 11:09:01 PM »
I was so excited to see a Lietpold list.  Then so dissapointed.
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!