home

Author Topic: Empire Mob/Scum 2.5k list idea  (Read 1190 times)

Offline thundercake

• Members
Empire Mob/Scum 2.5k list idea
« on: May 19, 2015, 11:26:34 PM »
First off, I refuse to buy anything until the next edition comes out. Second, with the new edition, this will probably all become irrelevant. However, I was bored and came up with this idea of a mob of crazy empire citizens. Some limitations with this idea mean no elite cavalry, no state troops, no good artillery (these rag tag people wouldn't have the money to buy a hellblaster, etc.). I know it won't win any games but I would like to offer up at least some decent resistance to other lists.

The real question is, does this list have any synergy and do the characters help the units?

Arch Lector, Barded Warhorse, shield, ironcurse icon, armour of destiny, ogre blade
Wizard, lvl 4, dispel scroll, talisman of preservation, lore of metal maybe?

Captain of Empire , pistol, full plate, BSB, dragonhelm, tailsman of endurance, barded warhorse, shield
Warrior Priest, HA, enchanted shield, seed of rebirth, sword of might
Witch Hunter, brace of pistols, van horstmann's speculum, charmed shield,
Witch Hunter, brace of pistols, great weapon

15 Crossbows, FC
30 Free COmpany, FC
10 Knightly Orders, Barding, Lance and Shield

30 Flagellants, champ
30 Flagellants, champ
Mortar
Mortar

Other options would include taking out the WP on foot and putting the Arch Lector on a War Altar. I guess I could also drop the witch hunters to make a light council though I like this theme better.
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline thundercake

• Members
Re: Empire Mob/Scum 2.5k list idea
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 07:17:43 PM »
Continuing to think about this list, here is an updated version.

Arch Lector, Barded Warhorse, shield, ironcurse icon, armour of destiny, ogre blade
Wizard, lvl 4, talisman of preservation, lore of light

Captain of Empire, lance (edited), full plate, BSB, tailsman of endurance, barded warhorse, shield
Warrior Priest, HA, enchanted shield, sword of might
Witch Hunter, brace of pistols, van horstmann's speculum, charmed shield,
Wizard, Lvl 2, Dispel Scroll, Lore of Beasts

11 Archers, Musician
11 Archers, Musician
30 Free Company, FC
10 Knightly Orders, Barding, Lance and Shield

30 Flagellants, champ
30 Flagellants, champ
Mortar
Mortar
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline Sceleris

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 10:36:47 PM »
As you already know it's going to be a sub-par list (and that's being polite about it), so either keep with the rabble style or ditch the whole thing.

You've got 3 units of T3 unarmoured infantry - against anyone with any sort of shooting they will simply disappear.  If you want to try the theme you have to have more bodies and in more units.

I'd swap on lot of flagellents for 2 lots of free company, one mortar for a cannon (if you can get your hand on on a mortar there isn't much difference in fluff terms between that and a cannon).

I'd also run more, lower level characters - swap lvl 4 for pair of lvl2's - not so much stuff on other characters?

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 06:57:39 PM »
First off, I refuse to buy anything until the next edition comes out. Second, with the new edition, this will probably all become irrelevant.

Heh, right now its a buyers market. People are just throwing their armies away for cheap.
Also, people might not be playing the new edition.

I think taking the knights is against your theme.
I would add more free company. And take shadow because of the reduce toughness spell - your mortars will destroy stuff. And mindrazor is great on the free company.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:02:24 PM by The Peacemaker »
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery