home

Author Topic: [AoS] SCGT Empire, Brettonia, Wood Elves Alliance  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Jobume

• Members
[AoS] SCGT Empire, Brettonia, Wood Elves Alliance
« on: April 15, 2016, 11:26:18 PM »
Hi, been playing around with scrollbuilder trying to build a force using grand alliance order and the SCGT comp. I want the army to have an empire core. This is what I have come up with:

HEROES
King Louen Leoncoeur (20)
Empire General (4)
- Stately War Banner
Empire Master Engineer (4)
- Hochland Long Rifle
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Wizard (18)

UNITS
Empire Handgunners x 10 (7)
Empire State Troops x 40 (16)
- Shield & Sword
Empire Archers x 10 (6)
Sisters of the Thorn x 5 (12)

WAR MACHINES
Empire Cannon (13)

WOUNDS: 105 TOTAL POINTS: 100

So the core of the army is the state troops backed by the handgunners and the archers. Buffed with the generals ability and the hurricanum they will be shooting with 2+/2+ rend -1 for the handguns and 2+/3+ for the archers. The state troops are immune to battle shock thanks to The King and if they get the Shield of Thorns buff from the sisters, they will be rocking a 4+ rerollable armor save bouncing mortal wounds on 5+ (4+ if they also get mystic shield). The hurricanum is obviously great wherever its positioned. Next to the cannon it makes for a nasty artillery piece with two shots on 3+ rerolling. I could switch the handgunners and archers for another cannon, but I feel that the list needs some boots on the ground to be able to claim objectives.

Thoughts and critique welcome.

Cheers,

Job

Link to army on scrollbuilder : http://bit.ly/1r0xFfe

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Re: [AoS] SCGT Empire, Brettonia, Wood Elves Alliance
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 05:51:47 AM »
Pretty deadly list, powerful shooting with a nice wall of swordsmen to tie up enemy units and the great king Louen who is a beast. (He was kinda beastly in 8th as well but his point cost was madness)

Pretty terrifying list as long as you don't run into a high mobility force to get behind your main defenses. Good call on more foot> artillery, slow forces in AoS, where using multiple terrain types and wizard hunting are vital, can have it rough if they aren't a powerhouse gunline.

Looking forward to any reports you can give.  :smile2:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.