home

Author Topic: 9th age - 2500pts  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Herrn

• Members
9th age - 2500pts
« on: September 10, 2016, 10:07:01 PM »
Hello fellow generals and marshals!
Writing this on my phone so sorry in advance for mistypings and so on.

Im trying a new more of a shooty list for local friendly games... But everyone has pretty tough lists. So im hoping for advice from all of you generals of the great empire!

LORDS

Marshal   113pts
-Seasoned, shield, obsidian pebble

Knight commander   145pts
-Legendary warrior, flaming lance

Archwizard (heavens)   205pts
-Lvl 3, dispel scroll

Prelate   131pts
-BAoFtG, great weapon

HEROES

Captain BSB   120pts
-Plate armour, the black helm, hardened shield, talisman of shielding

Artificier   76pts
-Master artificier, Handguns

Wizard (fire)   105pts
-Lvl 1, skull crusher

CORE

21 Heavy infantry   116pts
-Spears and shield, musician, champion

40 heavy infantry   290pts
-Halberds, Seasoned soldiers, full command

10 light infantry   80pts
-Crossbows

14 light infantry   151pts
-Handguns, Seasoned soldiers, champion with long rifle

SPECIAL

9 knightly order   279pts
-Full command

5 reiters   123
-Brace of pistols, heavy armour, musician, champion with repeater pistol

Cannon/mortar (not sure whitch to take here)   100/110pts

Volleygun   125pts

RARE

Steamtank   230pts

Arcane engine   140pts
-Foresight

TOTAL: 2525 (have to double check this) so i need to cut something away.

PLAN
Wizard lvl1 with fireball and skull crusher, engineer with master upgrade in the unit of seasoned handgunners for Bs4 range 30" unit. Next to it volleygun for engineer support. This unit can also make supporting stand and shoot for halberds and spears by its flanks.
Marshal with spearmen. Thinking knight commander as general.
Thinking lvl3 with Crossbowmen next to or behind halberds so they can get buffs and also get supporting stand and shoot from crossbows.

Cannon from stank. Mortar might be put a bit off with reiters or spearmen to distract/ annoy.

Hoping noone wants to go down center against volleygun and handgunners.

Weaken with shooting 2-3 rounds then finish with cavalry and stank... Hopefully.

Curious to see the empires firepower tomorrow. I think the handgunner with engineer, lvl1 fireball and volleygun will pack quite a punch. Lvl1 with Skull crusher and fireball in the unit of handgunners will be interesting. Should be 4 shots always hitting On 4+ with 30" range also fireball with fireball attribute. Then the handgunners with bs4 range 30" from order and seasoned upgrade.

Must try to drop all units in deployment to get first turn though!

What do you think? Will i get enough shots in or will i get run over?

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: 9th age - 2500pts
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:18:06 AM »
Not a very shooty or strong list.

Also you've concentrated a lot of your points into characters. Who's your general? Which units they go in?

Looks like you want to have it all rather than concentrate.  :wink:

For starters, Volley Gun and Cannon play a completely different role. A Volley Gun basically is a tough and small-footprint handgunner unit. Best against armoured elites, infantry, cavalry and the monstrous versions. Range 24". Cannons excel in removing multiwound single models, like enemy warmachines, monsters and especially flyers. Range 72". Combining one Cannon and the STank cannon is a good way to assure that you can threaten the big single models.

Mortar would be mostly against medium/light infantry in sizable blocks.

I'd start building a shooty all-comers list with taking it all: a Cannon, a Mortar, a Volley Gun, and the STank. That's still less than 25 % of the points, so you should have plenty left to build the rest of the army.

Perhaps more later.  :::cheers:::

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Herrn

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 08:38:43 AM »
Not a very shooty or strong list.

Also you've concentrated a lot of your points into characters. Who's your general? Which units they go in?

Looks like you want to have it all rather than concentrate.  :wink:

For starters, Volley Gun and Cannon play a completely different role. A Volley Gun basically is a tough and small-footprint handgunner unit. Best against armoured elites, infantry, cavalry and the monstrous versions. Range 24". Cannons excel in removing multiwound single models, like enemy warmachines, monsters and especially flyers. Range 72". Combining one Cannon and the STank cannon is a good way to assure that you can threaten the big single models.

Mortar would be mostly against medium/light infantry in sizable blocks.

I'd start building a shooty all-comers list with taking it all: a Cannon, a Mortar, a Volley Gun, and the STank. That's still less than 25 % of the points, so you should have plenty left to build the rest of the army.

Perhaps more later.  :::cheers:::

-Z

Thanks Z!
Guess youre right, i kind of want to try it all :) , its not that shooty but more than im used to. Mortar is mostly cause i want to try it out and can only bring cannon or Mortar at this point. I will try griffon with great tactician on and more infantry next. Hopefully i have and idea on how to build an solid army after that.

Offline Herrn

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 06:51:23 PM »
Met some vampires and got smashed :) still new though and learned alot about some units. Will change alot but that was the plan from the beginning anyways. Will post a new list in a new thread for some advice though :)