home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 535122 times)

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 08:20:46 AM »
See, this thread is fun....

A great way to discuss and vent frustrations.   :closed-eyes:

A bit of history about me.  I suffer from migraines.  That being said I usually get 2-3 a week.  I just typically suffer through them unless they are really bad.  (I had one so bad once, I had a slight stroke.)  Now that you guys know that, and my work problems weren't enough, I was driving home with a headache yesterday morning after work, and my vision went a little blurry. I rubbed them thinking it was because I was tired.  The left eye suddenly had something in it, and I looked into the mirror, and there was a bloody flap of tissue from my lower eyelid covering my eye lens.  I rubbed it again, and it went back to "normal"  turns out I have been bleeding behind my eye.  And since I live in the US, I can not afford the doctor.  So, I am worried that it may be something serious.  Probably isn't, but I am still worried.
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 08:25:59 AM »
Take a trip to England.

Bump into a sign post.

Profit from the free healthcare.

A recent documentary by Michael Moore showed such a case. FWIW, though.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »
I had a friend who went to canada (dual citizenship.)  when he fell down a ravine, he was all fixed up and it only took an hour to see the doctor.

So, I am filing a grevience with the corporate office regarding what happened.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 02:51:39 AM »
US Healthcare currently sucks.

Someone should try and fix that. :roll:

One the weekend, I was trying to pry to pieces of wood apart with a knife. Slipped, took a bunch of skin off my left thumb. Wouldn't stop bleeding. Went to the Medical Centre, got it looked at, cleaned and bandaged. All free.

I cannot imagine healthcare not working like this. Albiet my case is different from your eye condition, but even so...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 03:14:41 AM »
So I'm kinda hoping that in the 3 weeks I'll be running the dept. I'll show just how much of a cow June is/was. Plus I need the money for when I visit Australia (from 11-26Jul for Warlord and Sig- where is Sig anyhow?).

Wait, how far south are you making it?

I'll be in Sydney the entire time bar a couple of days in the Hunter checking out the family vineyard (we're planning on buying out the other shareholders so want to check up on how it's all running).

where about will you be?

I doubt I'll be bringing my army down as I plan on bringing all my models in Aus up! But I do have at least 2k worth of delves at home.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 08:29:42 AM »
So I'm kinda hoping that in the 3 weeks I'll be running the dept. I'll show just how much of a cow June is/was. Plus I need the money for when I visit Australia (from 11-26Jul for Warlord and Sig- where is Sig anyhow?).

Wait, how far south are you making it?

I'll be in Sydney the entire time bar a couple of days in the Hunter checking out the family vineyard (we're planning on buying out the other shareholders so want to check up on how it's all running).

where about will you be?

I doubt I'll be bringing my army down as I plan on bringing all my models in Aus up! But I do have at least 2k worth of delves at home.

Melbourne. Cold, dreary, dark Melbourne :(
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »
US Healthcare currently sucks.

Someone should try and fix that. :roll:

One the weekend, I was trying to pry to pieces of wood apart with a knife. Slipped, took a bunch of skin off my left thumb. Wouldn't stop bleeding. Went to the Medical Centre, got it looked at, cleaned and bandaged. All free.

I cannot imagine healthcare not working like this. Albiet my case is different from your eye condition, but even so...

Well first aid stuff like that is no problemo.

If you have a terminal disease that costs mucho dinero for pharmaca and machines that you need to stay alive it gets problematic. It gets even more problematic if you offer that free healthcare to people that never paid a cent into that healthcare pool.

You could start wild guesses how much it costs to treat a cancer patient. (if you donīt like guessing games it is several hundred thousand euros per year depending which cancer you have).

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 08:45:37 AM »
stretch you should come up =P the W-E Aussie Bash! haha

So I got to spend all afternoon dealing with the worst kind of people to deal with...

... secretaries. They just never leave you alone and the ones I deal with are rude as hell. worst afternoon for a long time.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 08:54:54 AM »
But you can imagine them all as hot sexy blondes that would treat you better if you were their boss.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 09:08:41 AM »
being spoken too in Chinese and Hindi all day doesn't help the temper either (or this damn massive headache). Man I want to complain and get damn racial about it.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 01:39:54 PM »
Are folks sure that these things are all actually unhappy?  Look at the bright side! :icon_wink: :icon_lol: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
GP whats good about being hassled by secretaries...

Hell I booked one's boss and kids on a flight (thats confirmed flight) only to be asked what the carrier was (thats fine) for 5 different flights (groan because I need to look each one individually but I can handle) only to be asked to tell her how many people were could go on each bloody plane.

You know my system doesn't show that...you know what does? GOOGLE!

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 12:18:45 PM »
@Auberoun: man, that sucks. Do you know a doctor via via (Dutch expression, I'm sure you'll figure out what it means :wink: )? Maybe they can give you some advice.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 12:50:22 PM »
I would like to complain about a lot of things, but the main complaint I have:  not enough time to paint, and eyes that wear out too quickly. 
On a side note an old gent once advised me that if I didn't like my life to; "change your environment, or your reaction to it" as he explained, what bothered me, didn't bother him, so obviously (to him), the problem was my reaction to the "environment/situation".
and that if it was something that bothered other people also, then it was an environment issue that needed to be changed.  I don't know if this makes sense to anyone reading this, but it mad sense to me,  and by th by; environment does not in this case refer to the meteorlogical condition or climate change.   :icon_biggrin: steveb

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 04:10:57 PM »
GP whats good about being hassled by secretaries...
Probably depends on one's outlook on life.

There's probably a reason why one is being hassled.  That's a good place to start looking. :icon_cool:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »
I feel like peeing on a bum.  But there are no bums nearby and I really don't have to pee, so I am even more frustrated.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 07:33:27 AM »
Why is it the only time I am motivated to paint is when I am at work and can't?   :icon_evil:

And when I do get home, and am actually excited about painting, I am too tired and have too many "honey-dos"

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2010, 07:51:34 AM »
stretch you should come up =P the W-E Aussie Bash! haha

So I got to spend all afternoon dealing with the worst kind of people to deal with...

... secretaries. They just never leave you alone and the ones I deal with are rude as hell. worst afternoon for a long time.

I go back to uni on the 12th :(.

...I like the secretaries at work...(no, I haven't had my eye on one of them for six months....)
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2010, 07:55:23 AM »
what degree? If it's arts then any self respecting student won't have class on Friday...comeup for a weekend.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2010, 08:07:37 AM »
what degree? If it's arts then any self respecting student won't have class on Friday...comeup for a weekend.

IT, so it's a real degree :p. The hard part is I'm working two jobs part time as well, and i won't get out of one of them til 6 on the Friday. Over night bus Friday night, and you might be on :p

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 08:19:39 AM »
course Warlord may not want to join us on account of my conspiracy theorist ways...and sig hasn't been on in ages

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 08:27:28 AM »
I have a headache.  :eusa_wall:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 08:29:27 AM »
course Warlord may not want to join us on account of my conspiracy theorist ways...and sig hasn't been on in ages

Now you're just being paranoid :p

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 08:43:58 AM »
I have a headache.  :eusa_wall:

Try pinching the "palm" of your hand between your index finger and thumb.  It is a pressure point that tends to work for me for a short time.  It will releive some of the pain for a little while at least.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 08:54:35 AM »
Major Pain...