home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 541138 times)

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5450 on: June 01, 2018, 02:24:36 AM »
Ugh, can stand hearing stuff like that, and hope it all goes well Feanor. :::cheers:::

- - - - - -

So ... another relationship got sucked up in the big void where such things go.  I've conducted myself in this situation in a way that is better than ever before, yet it just goes to show, a person can do all the right things to shield one's self from another person's stress while providing support, yet some folks can't help attempting to get caught up in their emotional drama.  Thank goodness I discovered this was the path being taken now and not later.  Saved myself a lot of hassle further down the line.

I was prepared to wait until the time in about a month and a half when most of her stressors might possibly be less, and see if things had improved then.  However, there was this constant pull of negativity, particularly about not allowing her to stay at my place until she could get into her new place.  And when there was this constant flow of conscious lines of crud given to me over why she was leaving, and other accusations, blame, and statements of disrespect and irrationality, I felt relieved when it came to an end.  God bless her, keep her safe, and keep her far away from me.

In the last 4 plus years I've dated 8 different ladies.  4 in 2014, a fouling out with foul balls.  Took a year off in 2015, painted a ton.  From 2016 to 2017 saw 3, all longer in length than 2014, and none could get out of their own way.  First part of this year there was so much positiveness, and then it did a freaky 180 degree turn into too much negativity and increased stress from poor time management and emotional self turmoil.  She did me a favor, although thinking it would help solve her time issues when none of the stressors will completely disappear moving forward.  She's all mixed up, stressed, and making some unhealthy choices.

As for me, going to keep the positive flow of personal and professional projects moving forward, find a new lady while keeping relationships with friends and family flowing, and continue to move my life forward.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 04:52:26 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5451 on: June 01, 2018, 03:26:54 AM »
Sounds like you saw the red flags when they were waving. Negativity can be like a disease and all consuming. Keep up the positive things.
After living in the same house for 28 years, unless something miraculous happens, I have to let it go. Thru bad decisions  of my own and the crazy ups and downs of contracting, I just can’t take the toll this is costing me. Have a few plans on the go but all of them a tough fight ahead. I utterly loved this place and hoped to be dragged out of it in a pine box but it’s not to be.
Time to find a fresh start. The neighbor hood grew up around this place (190 years old) and I’m surrounded by very big luxury homes and estate lots but I don’t have the resources to turn this into the place it should be. Time to go.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5452 on: June 01, 2018, 07:27:15 AM »
Bruce J Mitchell died. Who's that you ask. He was a Canadian actor, best known for his role in a small, student piece called Final Sacrifice.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5453 on: June 02, 2018, 11:06:30 AM »
It's such a small world.  Seems the lady might have had more time for a relationship than she was letting on.  Of course, maybe not so much a real relationship, but instead use and abuse, and thankfully I didn't get caught up too much in her emotional turmoil.

A bit painful to learn and feeling empathetic for the miserableness she must be going through.  Yet she's not going to find the true peace and joy that is possible from sucking up to some sap that is going to help her bridge the gap in not having a place to stay for a bit.  Let's be real ... where was her family on this situation, after only 2 months of seeing her she was asking to stay at my place for the gap.  I wouldn't fix it/rescue her, and couldn't fix the real issues if I tried.

Not surprising with all the crud I was experiencing towards the end.  Think I said she was stressed, mixed up, and making unhealthy choices in that last post ... let me see ...

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5454 on: June 02, 2018, 11:07:40 AM »
Yep. :::cheers:::

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5455 on: June 02, 2018, 10:34:48 PM »
Sometimes you just have to see the red flags that make you uncomfortable and walk away.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5456 on: June 05, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »
Rec'd news that the lady I was seeing is moving to St. Louis, a stunning development.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5457 on: June 05, 2018, 02:57:22 PM »
It's like a roller-coaster GP. What will happen next!?

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5458 on: June 05, 2018, 08:50:30 PM »
At the moment, I'm not convinced it'll happen yet.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #5459 on: June 06, 2018, 11:52:50 AM »
Sad to hear that GP. Hope you're taking it ok-ish. If you need to talk to someone, feel free to call me anytime.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5460 on: June 06, 2018, 01:49:51 PM »
Seeing a picture of Petra in a dwarf thread made me want to tell a bad joke about how I once dated a girl named Petra and how she'd chosen poorly :blush:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5461 on: June 10, 2018, 11:19:02 PM »
May have to sell off my sisters of battle army. Took me years to accumulate everything but every now and then shit happens. Have over a $1000 worth of stuff if I were to buy it off the GW store again. Had real trouble pinning down a paint scheme but I wasnt  really worried. Hopefully this storm blows over.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5462 on: June 11, 2018, 02:36:49 AM »
I feel so sorry for Sisters players. For the better part of twenty years they got the short end of the stick. They got a half assed update in 2003 with a few new models but mostly went unaltered. I pieced together a large SOB force in 2012 [bought most of the models from a friend] and although i'm quite happy with how the force looks and is set up; I cant get them to ever win no matter how hard I try.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5463 on: June 11, 2018, 02:44:58 AM »
Hey sorry to hear it Artoban. Hope things get better soon.  I know what storms like that be like.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5464 on: June 11, 2018, 07:44:24 AM »
Sisters do seem to still sell well on Ebay - and for some reason at above GW prices; I think a lot of buyers don't realise most of them are still available.
Some of the Superiors are OOP and the old combi weapon cannoness too.

However with the announcement of the plastic sisters coming next year I would have thought it was finally the time when they will get a bit of a boost and a new book.

So if you need the cash then probably sell now, but I bet you will feel pissed next year  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5465 on: June 12, 2018, 02:17:44 AM »
Sisters deal fell through although I’m not to unhappy about it. Really could use the cash but it just wasn’t worth it. I really liked were the army was going. One of my gaming buddies and he would have done them justice only they all go or none of them.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5466 on: June 12, 2018, 10:56:52 AM »
I'm going to sound like an asshole but I'm actually glad that they've neglected SoB's for so long and I'm very unhappy about the fact that they will release new models next year. For me the Sororitas are the worst part of 40K and easily one of the most boring, lazily made factions in the whole setting.

Also their models look hideous.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5467 on: June 12, 2018, 11:36:48 AM »
Ha!
So that would mean I need to pay you for this lot 😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5468 on: June 12, 2018, 11:39:39 AM »
I guess You could melt the models and make some nice, lead sculptures for your outstanding terrain project! :-P

Gneisenau

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5469 on: June 24, 2018, 12:11:24 PM »
Elections in Turkey. For the Turks, it is better that Erdogan loses; for the EU, it is better that he wins.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #5470 on: June 24, 2018, 01:15:45 PM »
Elections in Turkey. For the Turks, it is better that Erdogan loses; for the EU, it is better that he wins.

First I agree, how do you reckon the second one?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5471 on: June 24, 2018, 09:16:41 PM »
If the opposition would have won (apparently they did not), there would have been a renewed call to make Turkey as quickly as possible a meber of the EU "to prevent a re-occurence of someone like Erdogan" and "show the Muslim world that the EU is not just a Christian club."  If Turkey ever becomes a member of the EU, the EU is dead.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #5472 on: June 25, 2018, 07:12:23 AM »
If the opposition would have won (apparently they did not), there would have been a renewed call to make Turkey as quickly as possible a meber of the EU "to prevent a re-occurence of someone like Erdogan" and "show the Muslim world that the EU is not just a Christian club."  If Turkey ever becomes a member of the EU, the EU is dead.

Thought you meant that! Then I have to agree in most part. But even if the opposition would have won then Turkey is a long way off to even gain a serious attempt at joining.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #5473 on: June 25, 2018, 05:04:10 PM »
Here I was, going to get married, have a new cheaper apartment, closer to my job. You know, things start to look better.

Then the former housing company tells me I will have to pay about 30000 Swedish crowns, that is like 3000 Euros, because our cat had ped indoors when distressed by having kids and so on and we had not managed to find all spots in time.
So they must take up floors and do some work on some walls aswell. And my insurance do not cover it.

WERE. THE. FUCK!? Will I get that much money. I am getting into a position were I can really start to save up some money but I had not gotten the time yet!

Why life? Why? My bank do not want to lend me even a smaller loan. I must look elsewhere if possible,

My life sucks balls right now  :icon_cry:
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #5474 on: June 25, 2018, 05:10:43 PM »
I mean, bye, bye wedding weekend! Bye, bye warhammer collection! Bye, bye re-enactment stuff... I wish I could had done things differently, could have chased around and sniffed out after the cat better.

I just hope life was getting back on track. Hard to be happy about a wedding when you fear to end up in in personal bankrupcy
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!