home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 541174 times)

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #1100 on: February 20, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »
You have to ask?  :icon_eek:
My hood is my castle...

Offline kera foehunter

• Members
« Reply #1101 on: February 20, 2011, 06:46:46 PM »
Yes!! my keyboard was made by bill gates just for me :biggriin:
it has no adjective or artificial colors :icon_razz:
and old guy get with the times crack is so 1990s
 it meth !!  i hate it when old guys want to act  like there cool
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:50:53 PM by kera foehunter »

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1102 on: February 20, 2011, 07:08:05 PM »
I'm not entirely sure if it's gone past the time of redemption, but kera, you need to improve your posting.

No double or more posting (use edit button), better sentences and more coherent language. Hell, we all make mistakes when posting stuff, but we try not to make it a repeat affair.

It's getting beyond a joke now.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:20:02 PM by MrDWhitey »
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline kera foehunter

• Members
« Reply #1103 on: February 20, 2011, 07:41:51 PM »
I'm not entirely sure if it's gone past the time of redemption, but kera, you need to improve your posting.

No double or more posting (use edit button), better sentences and more coherent language. Hell, we all make mistakes when posting stuff, but we try not to make it a repeat affair.

It's getting beyond a joke now.
its ok honey ,i see you had to edit your post to ! but we still love ya
 so where even

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1104 on: February 20, 2011, 07:59:31 PM »
I changed it because beforehand it was a snide comment which could've been construed as insulting you (pretty hard not to be).

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1105 on: February 20, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
A friend of my girlfriend named Kate claims to be a lesbian.  She starts dating an old flame but cheats on her girlfriend with guys.  She becomes so insecure about the relationship (despite the fact she was the one who cheated) threatened to leave her girlfriend unless they get married.  So after being together for about two months they get married.  While married she continues to cheat and starts doing heroine and crack.  About a month into the marriage they go to myrtle beach for their honeymoon and whilst on their honeymoon kate ODs.  At this point her wife find out everything; the cheating, the drugs, etc.  They file for divorce and Kate spirals out of control doing more drugs.  Me and my girlfriend get her off of it (to the best of our knowledge she isnt doing it anymore).  She decides to go on a date with a new girl and while on this date it was "instant attraction" not to the girl but the girl's male friend that she brought along on the date.  She invites him over the next day but he doesnt come out, instead he works overtime so he can get some vacation days to take her with him to a trip to NC for the weekend.  They are getting married in about a week...but they have only known each other for a week! And her divorce hasnt even been finalized. Me and my girlfriend confront her that this is probably not a good idea.  She tries to justify it.  " But He's in the military" not a good excuse."He's getting deployed in 2 months!" not helping her case at all.  "But hes lead a rough life!" so he may have baggage and a past, still not helping your case here.  "But he has Post tramatic stress syndrome because last time he was deployed he hit a mine and had to have his face reattached."  Okay so on top of everything he may or may not be stable.  But because your having a good time with him you want to get married after only knowing him a week.  "But I met his ex-girlfriends and they say I am lucky to be with him!"  so why are they ex-girlfriends?  Despite all this she still claims to be a lesbian...

They are in NC this weekend, but we dont know if the advice we gave her about waiting at least a year before thinking about getting married will stick.  Mind you everything I have said has happened in the past 6 months.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1106 on: February 20, 2011, 08:01:50 PM »
You could easily write a novel about the idiots you know FFH. Seriously.

Maybe it's just proximity to you that causes these... bizarre relationship issues.  :engel:

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1107 on: February 20, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
man I could tell you stories about the people and their relationships I know.  I really should write a novel. :::cheers:::
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline kera foehunter

• Members
« Reply #1108 on: February 20, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »
I changed it because beforehand it was a snide comment which could've been construed as insulting you (pretty hard not to be).

Its ok  i can see threw your Bad boy image by you not posting this  Insulting remark.  Its show how much you  care about me   
 and how sweet you are  Mr whitey    you could alway pm me  if you have some thing to say too ** wink wink **
 Kera

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1109 on: February 20, 2011, 09:28:06 PM »
Now you're just trolling me. The alternative would be rude to mention.

I'm not going to talk to you further.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1110 on: February 20, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »
Kera, you might consider taking a basic English Composition course at a local college. It certainly couldn't hurt, and would at least allow your intelligence to be more evident in your posts.

Not to be a DWhitey, but you pretty much write like a third grader.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #1111 on: February 20, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »
I'm not going to talk to you further.

Wise decision.

Wouldn't like to see things escalating....
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1112 on: February 20, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »
WTF soth?!?  :icon_evil:

I just made popcorn...
My hood is my castle...

Offline kera foehunter

• Members
« Reply #1113 on: February 20, 2011, 11:15:50 PM »
Kera, you might consider taking a basic English Composition course at a local college. It certainly couldn't hurt, and would at least allow your intelligence to be more evident in your posts.

Not to be a DWhitey, but you pretty much write like a third grader.
Dear Mister canon , we talk this way , we use very little fluff when we talk  so we are direct and to the point...
we speak in small sentences so that the other person can reply  to all are responses!
not one resonce per paragraph 

throw most of you  don't understand  we put a lot of though in what we say ,   throw english is a very moronic lanuage
and it makes no since  you have so many word that have no meaning !!   and you think that I'm a third grader
 well i can deal with that !
I'm honor that you gave gave me credit on speaking  and  you who talk of being one of the people would understand the best
even  throw  you don't know male from female  you  ok

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #1114 on: February 21, 2011, 04:54:09 AM »
I had a huge fight with 3 of the local regulars at the shop on Tuesday. All because I didn't let them reserve a seat at the painting table by allowing them to put a bag on the chair and walk away when someone else wad there to paint. I was told to go die whiteman and other racial abuses. My manager and colleague did nothing but to tell me to be nicer to them.

The best part was their complaints against me.

1. I don't serve Chinese customers
2. I ask for table deposits from Chinese but not westerners
3. I play games.

1. My manager told me NOT to serve Chinese and leave it to him and let and to dealaimly with westerners
2. I DO ask everyone for deposits except 4 westerners who made the dn terrain which the locals continually break
3. I play when my manager says I can and when I'm not on the clock.

My manager seems to hope this all goes away there isn't to be any repercussion for their behavior towards me or what was said. In fact apparently I need to change. This is becoming a huge issue because all the westeners hate my manager because of the subtle racism he shows me and them and now the locals hate me because in doing what my manager has told me to do means they think I'm being racist to them.

I'm deciding if I want to push this issue or let it lie.

The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1115 on: February 21, 2011, 07:11:24 AM »
I call their behavior jealous because it is well known that we white dudes are better equipped.

As long as the black dudes ain't around at least...

Seriously, what a drama queen BS Bies from your customers, almost like the Russians at the four star hotel I visited in Greece the past summer.
My hood is my castle...

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #1116 on: February 21, 2011, 07:12:31 AM »
What are you going to do? You and I both know the inherent racism in the culture. Let's face it. Are your manager and his manager both HK? Then walk out or take it, because from the attitude he's giving you, he thinks of you as just another gweilo.

It was absolutely hilarious being shown off to my father in law's mates and business cronies. Baba is very open minded, and I have immense respect for him, but some of his buddies were absolutely seething that his daughter was marrying a whitey. All I did was smile and act exceedingly polite. This is the best way to deal with it. It is infuriating, yet since their hate has no justification there is nothing they can do if playing by the rules. If they want to play outside the rules, they will anyway and there is nothing you can do. So it's the best way.

Just deal with it. Retail in China is a shitty, shitty job to be in.

Oh and as Shadowlord posted, so true. In Beijing when using the urinals busted at least 10 dudes getting in more than just a sideways glance.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1117 on: February 21, 2011, 07:16:15 AM »
Just start to sing white supremacist songs all the time and tell them you just live out your cultural background.

Oh or even better claim it is a religious thing.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #1118 on: February 21, 2011, 09:52:26 AM »
Wow Feanor! That's one bizarre relationship story!

The worst one I've got is about this girl who really just wanted a relationship to have someone near. She started dating this nog good stoner from a messed up family who was just averse to working. It was going terrible so what to do? You start to live together of course, that''ll fix things! So things get worse. He spends her money on a new top gaming rig computer and weed, so plays games all day smoking pot. So what to do? You decide to get pregnant of course, the love of such a little one will make your own relationship instantly better. I believe that 3 months after the birth the baby was (rightly) taken away by the child protection agency. She has a good chance to get her baby back though, dump the loser, reorganize her life again, so what to do? You decide you'd like to get married of course! Not only would this magically heal the relationship but instantly prove you're responsible and loving parents.
Well, the break-up happened before they got married and she still doesn't have her child back (2 1/2 years old by now iirc). And all the good advise went straight past her. :icon_rolleyes:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #1119 on: February 21, 2011, 10:18:05 AM »
Next time someone says sei gweilo " die white man" in it's basic translation I'll just pull out all my Cantonese. Which mainly consist of " diu lei lo mo hai" along with other phrases.

For those who don't understand gweilo it's the same as saying nigger to a black guy, same connotations, same disrespect.

Sig are you telling me you were in hong kong and didn't get in touch with me?

I had a quick chat to my big boss apparently if it can be proven I was told to die (unlikely as its my word against theirs) he will get banned from the shop but any racism in the future will result in an on the spot ban. I'm sitting down with my manager and owner tomorrow to go through everything.

I also found out that most of the issues seem to stem from the fact my manager has never managed before nor worked with or around westerners before.

Attached is the draft of an email I'm writing to y boss of things I want to discuss tomorrow. Point 2. On the tables is wrong and I need to change that but the rest just needs polishing up.

Issues:
1) bags on chairs,
2) respect to staff.
3) Walters policies
4) staff support
5) race issues.

1) bags in chairs.
I remove all bags not just local. Chairs are for people not bags limited number why do they think they can reserve one for hours on end? Frankly I feel they can't and that they should not be allowed to put bags on chairs and reserve them. However if they ARE working and have paints/models out then they should be able to put their bag on if they go to the bathroom etc. But it cannot be a "I may paint in an hour or two" type of system.

2) I'm staff if I need the table for something then tough teddies to them. Why do they think they have a right to chairs or the table over someone who works in the shop?

3) 3 complaints reported to me 1. I don't serve Chinese customers 2. I ask Chinese but not westerners for table deposits 3. I play games in the shop.

Answers 1. I was told when Walter first arrived to deal mainly with western customers and to leave chinese customers to him and Kent and practice in the last few months has reaffirmed this policy.
2. It's our job to ask for deposits I was yelled at for simply asking if it had been paid and there are witnesses to show I didn't hassle nor was I rude in asking. As for not asking westerners they MADE the terrain and are exempt from the charge. The locals are
Charged because they show no responsibility or care unless forced too.
3. I play no games without Walters approval and Walter can attest regular gaming is becoming rarer and rarer. So I assume they mean my role-play. Well 1st what business is it to them? 2nd I play with Hanani after I have finished work and the s.I. Club and Walter have come to an agreement.

4.staff support. I had 4-5 guys yelling at me and insulting me am acting like 3 year olds stealing a 15yr olds chair to try and prove a point. Through this all Kent to my knowledge did nothing and Walter simply rolled over and then later I was informed that I was wrong and that in essence Walter agreed with them and I was wrong and that I would need to change. No penalty or repercussion for how they treated a staff member or what was said to me appears to have even been thought of.

5. Race issues. I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard sei gweilo spoken which to my mind is unacceptable. I may have sworn at them but I didn't make any racial slurs or insults while I received them. Frankly I believe the people who said such slurs should be banned for life. 

Somehow the divided between locals and westerners has become a gulf since Geoff left.

I think this is in part to Walter and his reluctance to have anything to do with a westerner
Unless forced. And his policy as I perceive it that I'm not meant to serve locals unless forced too.

They may be angry I ask them to be quiet at times. Well Walter was less tactful then me in talking to Jeremy. The locals yell and shout when there is no need to. Walter apparently has no issues telling jeremy to behave himself but allows it with the locals...

the locals treat the place like a social club. Now the impression I get from Walter is that he feels that's how westerners treat the place. Frankly that's how it was. But again you have isolated the westeners to the point they no longer come in at all and have no want to support the shop because the shop doesn't support them.

Yet again you allow the locals to treat the shop as some club. They throw their bags onto a gaming table with no second thought. They treat the terrain with no care and they treat the entire shop as some playground for them to enjoy afterwork.

I understand you want to keep some social aspect to FA but that's not Walters focus. I clean up after everyone. I take everyones bags off chairs so anyone can sit I ask for table deposits from everyone and you can ask everyone and you will see it's true.

I believe the complaints by the locals reported to me are made entirely from ignorance because they do not know the whole picture. And I hope a simple explanation will make them understand and clear things up. But I feel the lack of support shown to me was entirely unacceptable as was any racial slurs spoken towards me. I believe we need to have a proper policy in place for such altercations that I've had and Walter has had with some of the westerners. 

I also believe people who offer racial insults should be banned immediately whoever they are.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #1120 on: February 21, 2011, 11:10:54 AM »
Which mainly consist of " diu lei lo mo hai" along with other phrases.

Which means something along the lines of "Go fuck your old mother" right?
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #1121 on: February 21, 2011, 11:51:08 AM »
DUI lei lo mo means that the hai on the end means vagina or so I believe it's meant to be worse.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1122 on: February 21, 2011, 12:40:59 PM »
If you're going to use an insult, know what it means first.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #1123 on: February 21, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »
The best part was their complaints against me.
(...)
3. I play games.

What, in a WARHAMMER SHOP? You suck!!

:icon_wink:

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1124 on: February 21, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
Bies, just whip it out and tell them to love you long time.  :closed-eyes:
My hood is my castle...