home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 541093 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #2450 on: February 13, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
just found out that I can has force hasnt been online for awhile and the site went down a long time ago.  le sigh.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #2451 on: February 13, 2012, 07:16:06 PM »
My cousin's (who's closer to a sister since my parents raised her when her mom went nuts) infant son just died in a household accident when the father fell on him. Because of the circumstances the state has placed their other son with relatives and opened a full investigation. Rough on my family.

I'm so very sorry, Cannon.  You guys will be in my prayers.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #2452 on: February 17, 2012, 08:07:32 PM »
Hall of Famer Gary Carter passed away of brain cancer.....

Was a bit young to be all that attentive a baseball fan during Carters playing days but I do know I have a number of his baseball cards and as a Mets fan he was part of a great era in Mets Baseball.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Mechanical Monkey

• Members
« Reply #2453 on: February 17, 2012, 08:18:54 PM »
t12161991  Is that article real ? It can't be can it ?

My cousin's (who's closer to a sister since my parents raised her when her mom went nuts) infant son just died in a household accident when the father fell on him. Because of the circumstances the state has placed their other son with relatives and opened a full investigation. Rough on my family.

I'm sorry for your loss COD.
Why would he look there?  Never ever has there been balls under an elf's robes.   :closed-eyes:

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2454 on: February 17, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »
MM- After doing a bit more research there's nothing on the really big sites. That said I found this: http://christopherdiarmani.com/4832/police-misconduct/special-place-hell-reserved-officer-ladmarald-cates/

Which has enough names and details that I find it hard to believe its fake.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2455 on: February 18, 2012, 12:01:59 AM »

Jesus, that's terrible to hear.  Hang in there.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2456 on: February 18, 2012, 03:41:38 AM »

Oh man this is just terribly tragic!  A sympathetic hug to you from the Pacific Northwest.  Hang in there COD. 

-Grutch

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #2457 on: February 19, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »

:-(

I hope everything turns out as well as the circumstances allow, and that you and those close to you suffer the least possible psychological damage.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #2458 on: February 20, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »
So my younger brother's good friend with whom I also used to hang out with (great guy, he came to my wedding, I went to his), got into a car crash with his wife, the car ended up in a small canal. He was flung out of the car into the water during the crash, his wife wasn't. When he managed to crawl on to the side, all dazed, the car was already no longer visible. That was also the moment the police arrived.

It took a fire fighters diving team to extract his wife, they reanimated her and got her heart going but in the hospital it turned out she had zero brain activity, they pulled the plug the next day.

So that leaves him (physically just scratched and bruised) with his 3 children (the first actually isn't his, so that one may go live with his biological father).  :icon_frown:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Dunrik

• Members
  • Alexander von Wolfenberg
« Reply #2459 on: February 20, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »
 :icon_eek:
That... That just sucks. I don't really have much words, other then to offer my regrets, and uttermost sympathy.  :icon_sad: I hope they all will be ok...
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

My blog, http://wolfenbergtimes.blogspot.com/

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2460 on: February 20, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »
Same here....best wishes from me too.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #2461 on: February 20, 2012, 01:42:58 PM »
There are no amount of words that can ease the pain that your friend or your family may hear that will ease the pain.  Just know however, that there is another end to this dark tunnel.   Though it may seem for a time, that sadness is just too great to bear, those left behind will not be alone.  Even in tragedy, great things can still happen.  My thoughts are with you.
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2462 on: February 20, 2012, 04:27:33 PM »
That sucks. Good luck man.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Mechanical Monkey

• Members
« Reply #2463 on: February 20, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »
Sorry to hear that BAWTRM .
Why would he look there?  Never ever has there been balls under an elf's robes.   :closed-eyes:

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2464 on: February 20, 2012, 06:05:44 PM »
That's utterly awful. I am so sorry.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2465 on: February 21, 2012, 11:28:09 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that BAWTRM.

I almost feel bad posting my small problem, after the last two which are so much worse and permanent.  But I haven't told most of the people in my Real Life, and want to get it off my chest: I'm 99% sure my marriage is ending.  We're both more or less agreed that we're both better off not being married to each other, but still.  Gonna be a rough way to go for me for awhile. 
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2466 on: February 21, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »
Sorry to hear that, towishimp. There's no need to feel bad about posting your bad news just because other people's might be worse. It's still sad, and we still care.

BAWTRM and Cannon: I'm very sorry for both of you.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2467 on: February 22, 2012, 12:15:30 AM »
Sorry to hear that Towie. It sounds like you're not parting bitter enemies, at least?

And yeah, what rufus said. It may not be people dying bad, but bad news is bad news.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2468 on: February 22, 2012, 12:26:06 AM »
Sorry to hear that Towie. It sounds like you're not parting bitter enemies, at least?

And yeah, what rufus said. It may not be people dying bad, but bad news is bad news.

Yeah, as far as divorces go, it'll probably be pretty civil.  No other guy, no revelation of huge secret...it's just not working.  She started us in this direction, but after a weeks of counseling I find myself realizing more and more that it's not working.  So I am very sad and depressed over it, but there's also the glimmer of hope that comes with new starts.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #2469 on: February 22, 2012, 10:54:15 AM »
I wish you strength towishimp.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #2470 on: February 22, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
Here's the translation of a newspaper article (AD Rivierenland from the 21st) about the fatal accident. Not a great article, it leaves several questions, but it was more informative than other things we heard.

Thanks for all the kind words people!

Steep embankment turns fatal

Husband Marco (34) couldn’t save life of Lydia (29)

Nieuwland – Marco Doeser risked his own life last Friday night to save his beloved Lydia. In vain. The inhabitant of Hoogblokland managed to get his wife out of the car that was in in the freezing Merwedekanaal (canal) but the steep embankment proves too large an obstacle.
“He wasn’t able to get her on the shore.” Tells an emotional Sam Jansen, who was the first person to arrive at the site of the accident, a mere 300 meters from where he lives. The Nieuwlandener has to stop the desperate, disoriented and severely hypothermic Marco from reentering the water, that had pieces of ice floating in it, in an attempt to save his wife.

Jansen was driving over the narrow Kanaaldijk-Noord (road) from Nieuwland to Meerkerk at a quarter to 10 in the evening of Friday the 17th, 15 minutes earlier than usual. He was going to pick up 2 of his kids who had been to a weekly youth meeting. Almost immediately after turning onto the road he sees a stumbling man in his headlights. One wearing no shoes and completely wet.
Jansen immediately realises something is seriously wrong. The hypothermic man barely manages to say “My wife is in the water.” Jansen puts the man in the back of his car and immediately alerts the rescue services. “They arrived within a few minutes.” Jansen said, who didn’t enter the water himself “It’s too dark over there, you can’t see a thing.”.
Divers from Dordrecht however, do exactly that. At 22:25, 39 minutes past the time the alert was given, they haul Lydia out of the water. She has a weak pulse but dies on Saturday in a hospital in Nieuwegein.
Yesterday in the afternoon there was a technical research of the site “Standard procedure in these situations.”, so says a spokesman of the police. It is still unclear who was driving at the time of the accident.

The Doeser family, counting three children, goes to Free Evangelic Community  ‘The Ark’ in Gorinchem. During the service on Sunday a lot of attention was given to the tragedy. “Our hearts go with the family.” Says Adriaan de Vaal for The Ark. “The impact is enormous.” Lydia worked as a nurse in the Beatrix hospital in Gorinchem. Marco (a police officer btw) is left behind with 3 children.

The narrow Kanaaldijk between Arkel and Nieuwland is known for being dangerous. There’s only space for a single car, every few hundred meter there’s a widened spot where vehicles in opposite directions may pass each other. A single steering error can be fatal, between the road and the deep water there’s not any kind of barrier. The road is also poorly lit.
A little bit more than a year ago another person drowned in the same canal, when he rode his bike into it after returning from a visit to his local pub.

PhillyT

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2471 on: February 25, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »
So sorry again.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #2472 on: February 27, 2012, 01:20:36 AM »
Was meant to be meeting a friend at a bar we go to on a semi-regular basis Saturday night. I headed in early to a 30th at a caberet/burlesque bar with my cousin and figured I'd head over to the other bar about 11 when my friend got into the city. Last I'd heard from her was about two in the afternoon when she'd confirmed she was definitely 100% coming in. Sent her a message about 10 to see what time they'd be in. No reply. Partied on a bit more at the caberet bar and sent her another message about 11. No reply. Call about 11:30. Goes to voicemail. By this point I'm a bit concerned - my friend has a reputation as a flake (she'd bailed on me last minute two weeks ago, in addition to a few other times), my cousin's planning on heading home (he and his gf both work at a hospital, so they're weren't going for a big night) and I'm about to end up on my own. Send my friend one last (slightly pissy) message about midnight and go home. Don't hear anything from my friend that night or Sunday. Today (Monday) I get a message to say that her mum had an OD Saturday night and ended up in the hospital. Now I feel like an asshole. *thumbs up*
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #2473 on: February 27, 2012, 08:08:46 AM »
Was meant to be meeting a friend at a bar we go to on a semi-regular basis Saturday night. I headed in early to a 30th at a caberet/burlesque bar with my cousin and figured I'd head over to the other bar about 11 when my friend got into the city. Last I'd heard from her was about two in the afternoon when she'd confirmed she was definitely 100% coming in. Sent her a message about 10 to see what time they'd be in. No reply. Partied on a bit more at the caberet bar and sent her another message about 11. No reply. Call about 11:30. Goes to voicemail. By this point I'm a bit concerned - my friend has a reputation as a flake (she'd bailed on me last minute two weeks ago, in addition to a few other times), my cousin's planning on heading home (he and his gf both work at a hospital, so they're weren't going for a big night) and I'm about to end up on my own. Send my friend one last (slightly pissy) message about midnight and go home. Don't hear anything from my friend that night or Sunday. Today (Monday) I get a message to say that her mum had an OD Saturday night and ended up in the hospital. Now I feel like an asshole. *thumbs up*

You couldn't have known so don't feel like an asshole, just explain the situation and be there for her.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #2474 on: February 27, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
Let me just say it...

I hate the Federal Government, it's employment laws, Administrative Law Judges and lawyers in general.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.