home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 541191 times)

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #2650 on: April 27, 2012, 01:17:01 PM »
Computer died the sixth time in two years the same day as two of my most important essays are supposed to be turned in (hint: I hadn't turned tem in yet) and then I'm, told I apparently study half-time because of unregistered absence and therefore am not entitled to study loans. So both my grades and my economy are going down the drains at warp ten.
Man, that sucks. Also, would calling you result in being picked up by a spaceship?
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
  • Call me: 22079460347
« Reply #2651 on: April 27, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »
Maybe. but it's highly improbable.
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2652 on: April 27, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »
One might say infinitely impropable.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
  • Call me: 22079460347
« Reply #2653 on: April 27, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »
And now I remembered that my H2G2 omnibus is at a friend's house so I can't reread it now. Well, better do some of that homework then...
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2654 on: April 27, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »
One might say infinitely impropable.
Are you hoping his ship uses an Improbability Drive?
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #2655 on: April 27, 2012, 02:43:46 PM »
That is highly improbable.

But take a towel just in case.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #2656 on: April 27, 2012, 02:57:23 PM »
Improbablity drive?  Are those still in use?  And here I thought everyone used the Trans-dimensional Aether inductor, that is if your Datascobe preliphery gateway is still supported... you know how the ITA (Interstellar Travel Association) is these days...
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #2657 on: April 30, 2012, 09:52:24 AM »
played in the Hong Kong GT last weekend. Game 4 I was well placed and a crushing victory would have catapulted me to the top 2 tables.

I got first turn, first spell Firebelly miscasts and rolls a 3 on the table and then dies. first shot of the game my first ironblaster misfired, then my 2nd ironblaster misfired rolling a 1 so that it blew up, 6" range causing 9 str5 hits on my mournfangs, killed a fang, my elite unit failed it's panic test ran towards the flank and enemy army (running 16") skinks charged and the mournfangs ran off the table.

end of turn 1 and I had done 900pts losses to myself  :icon_cry:
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #2658 on: April 30, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »
Ouch.  But games like those are what everyone remembers, and make for good conversation over a beer...  :::cheers:::

My car has no acceleration, and I changed the battery, still nothing.  Not to mention, while changing the battery, my key snapped in half (don't ask) and I didn't have a spare.  So I spent my gas money that was supposed to last me the next couple weeks on a new key.  But now the car isn't running right, and we don't have money to get it fixed, until payday next Friday.  So, the new problem is how am I going to get to work and back...if it wasn't 60 miles round trip, I would bike...

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #2659 on: April 30, 2012, 07:15:08 PM »
eugh sorry for the quick post but just found out that my old neighbour committed suicide over the weekend. 56 year old lady (her family and mine used to be real close). Apparently the last 5 years had been horrible too her, became an alcoholic (like her husband) went to rehab, got out and to celebrate she and the family went to Las Vegas and she was on the vodka neat immediately. Got divorced and hadn't seen her kids in over a year was living alone and not socializing a lot ended up jumping out the window.

It's pretty screwed up cause my family and hers were neighbours for about 6 years and her eldest son Matt was in the same year at school as my brother (2 years below me). So I saw'em pretty much every day, Hell Friday every week was a BBQ at theirs or ours. And this coming on the news my Great-Grandmother is on her last legs which I mentioned above. And my grandma has been in and out of hospital. This has the possibility of being the year of death within the Seib household.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2660 on: April 30, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »
Vibes, Nicholas.  Suicide is difficult to deal with.  It sucks that one's life can become so unbrearable that they choose death.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2661 on: May 01, 2012, 09:01:05 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear that Bies. My best wishes to you and your family.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2662 on: May 01, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear that Bies. My best wishes to you and your family.

+1
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2663 on: May 01, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »
from me too Bies I hope things turn out for the better for you and your family.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #2664 on: May 01, 2012, 12:55:37 PM »
Definitely puts things in prespective.  My best wishes for your extended and blood family Bies.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2665 on: May 03, 2012, 06:06:01 AM »
By the time I'm done with this paper I'll have drunk 6 liters of Diet Coke in a little over 36 hours. I think I have a problem.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Big Time

• Members
  • Resident alcoholist
« Reply #2666 on: May 03, 2012, 06:20:07 AM »
By the time I'm done with this paper I'll have drunk 6 liters of Diet Coke in a little over 36 hours. I think I have a problem.

I hear you, I have two research papers due this week. And two tests. Keeps me up late, as with kids and work I can't really get anything done during the day. I'd say I'm becoming nocturnal, but that would suggest I sleep during the day. Diet Coke is my drink of choice as well. I sneak a little Bacardi into mine, though.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
-Oscar Wilde

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2667 on: May 03, 2012, 06:50:59 AM »
I would be having a bit of seasoning as well but writing this paper takes more concentration than that would allow.

And I got rid of it all (of course in the only appropriate manner, by drinking it all) two weekends ago. Probably for the best seeing as I'd rather pass my exams.

Now I'm really hitting the procrastination barrier (I have 8.5ish pages and need 10, but I have class at 8:30 so it's not worth it to go to bed which means I have 5 hours to write a page and a half), and just calculated my caffeine intake.

800mg. In two days. 300 puts you at significant risk of addiction (yes this is a thing, that would be the other major thing I have due tomorrow!).

Just counted and me and my roommate have gone through 96 cans, 5 20 oz bottles, and my three two liters in 2.5 weeks. We have a problem.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:56:52 AM by t12161991 »
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Big Time

• Members
  • Resident alcoholist
« Reply #2668 on: May 03, 2012, 06:57:33 AM »
I would be having a bit of seasoning as well but writing this paper takes more concentration than that would allow.

And I got rid of it all (of course in the only appropriate manner, by drinking it all) two weekends ago. Probably for the best seeing as I'd rather pass my exams.

Yes, well, the fact that I started college when you were 9 yeas old and that you have completed more college than I have is a solid indication that you should not take any advice from me regarding school work. Ever. I score style points, though. Too bad they don't put those on the transcripts.
-Oscar Wilde

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2669 on: May 03, 2012, 07:02:10 AM »
Come now, I once wrote a 5 page English paper in 45 minutes with quotes from a book I'd skimmed. Those 45 minutes were the 45/50 minutes of class she allocated to a last minute writing workshop I didn't know was happening. I went in expecting to just tell her I hadn't done it, instead told her I forgot to print it.

Got a higher grade than my best friend who is now an English major and spent 7 hours on the paper the previous day. I still give him shit for it.

Anyway, drinking doesn't preclude good grades. My drinking during exam weeks precludes my getting good grades, if you see the difference.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Big Time

• Members
  • Resident alcoholist
« Reply #2670 on: May 03, 2012, 07:18:49 AM »

Anyway, drinking doesn't preclude good grades. My drinking during exam weeks precludes my getting good grades, if you see the difference.

Drinking as much as I did the first two times I attempted college absolutely precludes good grades. Or maybe just a lack of discipline and focus on my part. Or both. The Army didn't cure the drinking, but it did beat some discipline into me. I save the drinking until after class now.
-Oscar Wilde

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2671 on: May 03, 2012, 07:33:35 AM »
I would imagine the Army is rather decent at the whole discipline schtick after several hundred years of attempting it.

Honestly I could use a healthy dose myself. I always, always get everything done on time. Period. End of story. But I make it much harder on myself than it has to be (this is one of the rare exceptions where I simply have so much work it was unavoidable. I'll have written 75 pages between last Sunday (the 25th) and this coming Wednesday when all's said and done. Also why oh why oh why did I choose a writing heavy field... :icon_cry:).

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #2672 on: May 03, 2012, 07:56:19 AM »
Well apparently someone up high really, really, doesn't like me. Went to the optometrist yesterday and my eye pressure is high + they thought I had glaucoma as a kid so I get to spend all tomorrow afternoon have my eyes poked an prodded by an optholmologist to see if I'm going blind...fml

On the bright side I got a pay raise, which will help pay the 1000 dollar consultation I'm having tomorrow

Offline Walt von Ark

• Members
« Reply #2673 on: May 03, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »
I should probably break up with this girl i've been dating for a couple of months now, because of lack of genuine feelings.
I hate to do this so much... can't stand a woman in tears by my doing.
Such a shame though, it's a cute girl, smart, sweet and really into me!
Dont know.. must be something wrong with me! :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Offline Big Time

• Members
  • Resident alcoholist
« Reply #2674 on: May 03, 2012, 08:26:49 AM »
Bah, if you aren't into the relationship then there's nothing for it. The best thing you can do is break it off clean with no ambiguity and before it has a chance to get nasty. Trust me it'll be better for the both of you, and then you can both move on. And don't assume there has to be something wrong with either of you. It didn't work out, that's an acceptable end to a relationship. Live and learn, drink water and walk it off.
-Oscar Wilde