home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax  (Read 30551 times)

Offline George

• Members
Re: Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »
Ok why not one dice shield of faith and one dice hammer of sig then followed by hirrors six dice

it depends if you're more worried about not losing 3 models or killing 23 to prevent steadfast. If both are iffy I'd say sure lets gamble.
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2012, 12:11:34 AM »
Well missing the Hammer on the Reiksguard blows, we have 6 dice right, 2 dice everything that helps us (I don't think Comet does, YMMV).

Shard, Harmonic, then Soulfire...

How does Comet not help us? One of the Comets coming down next turn + one round of HBVG could take out the Spear-Elves (if perhaps not the characters), netting us a huge amount of points and helping us win the special objectives for little effort...

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2012, 01:11:54 AM »
A second comet could affect all the characters if the both come down in one phase. It's hard to pass up throwing 2 dice at it at the end of the phase.

It might not help (4+), but it could turn the beginning of their phase into 4D6+4 strength 7/5 hits on that unit.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2012, 02:09:46 AM »
Well missing the Hammer on the Reiksguard blows, we have 6 dice right, 2 dice everything that helps us (I don't think Comet does, YMMV).

Shard, Harmonic, then Soulfire...

How does Comet not help us? One of the Comets coming down next turn + one round of HBVG could take out the Spear-Elves (if perhaps not the characters), netting us a huge amount of points and helping us win the special objectives for little effort...

If he moves/charges Reiksguard then it's wasted.  Soulfire saves the Reiksguard and we win, Comet may or may not do anything.  That's all I'm saying.  You guys make the call....
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2012, 02:19:07 AM »
With our numbers in their current state, I'm more concerned about keeping our guys alive.  We'll rack up the dead spearmen in the next four cc rounds.

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2012, 03:22:28 AM »
***Update***

Team Blue Magic

Next for Blue is a 1-die Hammers of Sigmar from the WP in the ICK.  Gets a 6.  Dreadlord lets it go.

The WP is not done, he casts a 1-die Shield of Faith as well.  Failed cast. 

Finally, you go for a 6-dice Savage Horrors on the TGM.  22+4+1=27.  Goes off.  Dreadlord tosses all of his 7 DD at it and gets 2x6s.  Dispelled. 

Your magic phase is done.

Team Blue Shooting

Archers shoot at the Shades and kill 1.  Shades now have 8 remaining.

Team Green Magic

Another hotly debated Green decision, but the Comet-eers seem to have the upperhand.

The Celestial Mage casts a 3-dice Comet in front of the Warriors.  Gets 10+4=14.  Dreadlord tosses 3 DD at it-  11+4+1=16.  Dispelled.

Now the Celestial Mage casts a 1-die Iceshard on the Hydra.  Gets a 5+4=9.  Dreadlord lets it go.

Finally, the WP in the Reiksguard casts a 2-dice Soulfire and gets a 9.  Dreadlord tosses his last 2 DD and gets 6+4+1=11.  Dispelled.

------------------------------------

This wraps up your Magic Phase. 

Before I move on, I need to know if Team Blue wants to issue a challenge with either character.  You got Wildform and Hammers of Sigmar off on the ICK.

If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2012, 03:30:37 AM »
Gah, we had 3 dice to 2 dice and didn't throw all of them at Soulfire?  Yikes.  Heck we blew the phase by tossing a single dice and failing the prayer that would have pulled 2 dispel dice on the Hammer....
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2012, 03:39:29 AM »
Without svage beast i think we just go for kills on the unit....so no challenge
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline Windelov

• Members
Sv: Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012, 06:50:48 AM »
Blue

No challenge

And I would rather allocate as many attacks as possible on dreadlord and mage.

Sendt fra min GT-I9000 med Tapatalk2

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012, 07:43:03 AM »
No challenge ..if dreadlord issues one the gm should accept and hopefully cut him down before he dies.

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 08:00:29 AM »
Gah, we had 3 dice to 2 dice and didn't throw all of them at Soulfire?  Yikes.  Heck we blew the phase by tossing a single dice and failing the prayer that would have pulled 2 dispel dice on the Hammer....

Agreed. I wanted the Comet, and Soulfire + SoF on the RKG, all of which got dispelled. So, that went great again, dice-wise.  :dry:

• Members
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2012, 08:08:55 AM »

I was really tempted to toss all 3 dice at Soulfire (because that it what I would have done at that point) but looking at the posts.... no one recommended it.    :|
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2012, 08:36:10 AM »

I was really tempted to toss all 3 dice at Soulfire (because that it what I would have done at that point) but looking at the posts.... no one recommended it.    :|

It´s a bit hard to predict an entire magic phase and how you´d react to certain developments (especially if not all of your spells are getting cast/get cast in a different order)...but asking for every single spell would be annoying as welll...

• Members
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2012, 08:48:51 AM »

It´s a bit hard to predict an entire magic phase and how you´d react to certain developments (especially if not all of your spells are getting cast/get cast in a different order)...but asking for every single spell would be annoying as welll...

Easy enough.  I am a nice moderator and was tempted to go that route anyway.

Adding the 5 you rolled on Iceshard into a 3-dice Soulfire instead gives you a total of 13.  Dreadlord's DD total is 6+4+1=11.  Soulfire goes off.
   :-)

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2012, 11:26:18 AM »
3 dice +0 versus 2 dice +5.

I don't like those odds.

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2012, 11:35:10 AM »

Agreed. I wanted the Comet, and Soulfire + SoF on the RKG, all of which got dispelled. So, that went great again, dice-wise.  :dry:

Agreed and agreed. I almost never toss 1 dice prayers. One third chance to fail on it is too high for me, I feel like I'm throwing away a PD if I fail it. I almost always toss min 2 at a prayer. Thanks for the change up on the spells HHG, much appreciated.  :eusa_clap:
Blessed be those who game.

Friar Metick

• Members
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2012, 11:47:54 AM »
***Update***

Team Blue Combat

The easy one first:  4 Warriors attack the ‘Nilla Knights-  2 hits, 2 wounds, 1 save.  1 Knight dies.  The Knights kill 3 Warriors and the horses luckily finish off the last Warrior.  The Knights reform to give them a charge arc into the rear of the Warrior horde next turn.

For the Battle Royale-  this is gonna be good, yet again.

Warriors make their Fear test.

The STank grinds 12 hits, 10 wounds, 2 saves (remember, they have a 3+ AS atm).  8 Warriors die.
The TGM gets 3 hits, 3 wounds.  3 more Warriors die.

Warriors on ICK-  11 hits, 4 wounds (lots of 5s & 6s!), 3 saves, 1 Knight dies

WP-  1 hit, 1 wound.  1 Warrior dies.
3 ICK on Warriors-  2 hits, 2 wounds, 1 save.  1 Warrior dies.
1 ICK on Metal Sorc-  1 hit, no wound.
4 Horse on Warriors-  3 hits, 2 wounds, 1 save.  1 Warrior dies.
1 Horse on Metal Sorc-  1 hit, 1 wound, no save.  Sorc takes a wound.

Dread-  3 hits, 3 wounds.  3 ICK die.

Emp-  15 wounds.  Charge.  Flank.  Standard.
DE-  4 wounds.  Standard.

DE Steadfast.  Make Break test on an 8. 

Here is how the combat looks at the end:

Team Green Combat

Only one combat-  the ICK versus the battered Executioners.

Luthor calls on Sigmar and gets +3 to his WS, S, & T this turn.

The Captain BSB gets 2 hits, 1 wound, no save.  1 Exec dies.
The ICK on 8 attacks-  6 hits, 5 wounds.  5 Execs die.

The Wizard attack-  no effect.
5 Horse attacks-  4 hits, 2 wounds, 1 save.  1 Exec dies.

Huss finally gets to shed some blood-  5 hits, 5 wounds.  5 Execs die.
The Execs whack at the same time as Huss-  6 attacks, 2 hits on the Champ and 2 on the RnF, all wounds, 1 AS save, Champ makes 1 WS.  Champ and 1 ICK die.

The remaining Exec fails his Break test and Flees 8.”  The ICK reform to face the center.

End of Empire Turn

Another exciting turn.  I am going to get with Dreadlord for his Turn 5 response.

Then it is time for the Climax-  Turn 6 and TDG 2.7! 

HHG

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2012, 11:54:08 AM »
Sweet turn, thank HHG.

Now if the Spears just fail a charge it's game over, might be anyway.  Hope for a stubborn 8 this turn until the BSB/Huss is in range and it's all good.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
The remaining Exec fails his Break test and Flees 8.”  The ICK reform to face the center.
Did he run through the Engineer?  If so, that requires a dangerous terrain check. (p. 25)

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »
Hi HHG, sorry for being such a pain, but could I just ask you if the steamgun did kill any warriors and likewise for the engineer, and if the warrior not in front rank hit by the steam did wound the steamtank as he cannot choose to strike the knights?

Thx for doing such a great job, I think I'm learning more from these setups than from actually playing the real game ;o)

Offline SevenSins

• Members
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
that tank was killer, we just might pull this off  :icon_smile:

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
We could really use the ranks from the Reiksguard right now...
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
At team blue:

That stank making the flank charge was huge. Now dreadlord's can't combat reform to get ranks and extra attacks. Otherwise, I have a felling the knights in the front would be running on dreadlord's turn

At green:

At least we got iceshard off on the hydra, not as helpful as flaming attacks, but if we don't kill the hydat, maybe we'll avoid 2 wounds.

• Members
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »
Hi HHG, sorry for being such a pain, but could I just ask you if the steamgun did kill any warriors and likewise for the engineer, and if the warrior not in front rank hit by the steam did wound the steamtank as he cannot choose to strike the knights?

Thx for doing such a great job, I think I'm learning more from these setups than from actually playing the real game ;o)

Good catch-  I forgot about the extra steam point on the STank. 

8 steam hits, 2 wounds, 2 saves.  Engineer whiffed.   No effect.

Worth a shot, right?   :unsure:

Did he run through the Engineer?  If so, that requires a dangerous terrain check. (p. 25)

Nope, missed the Engie by an inch.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:55:15 PM by Holy Hand Grenade »

• Members
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2012, 09:20:32 PM »
Dreadlord’s Fifth Turn

Versus Team Blue

Movement

No charges. 

The Executioners makes a Leadership test to march and moves off the hill towards the center combat. 

The Shades move straight towards the Empire’s Wizard’s archer bunker to cause some trouble.

Versus Team Green

Movement

The Hydra charges the Reiksguard.  Reiks make their Terror test not to Flee.

The Warrior horde also makes the 9 to get the long range charge off on the Reiksguard.

The lone Exec fails to roll snake eyes and runs 4” away from the Engie. 

Last, the small Warrior block runs away from the pending Comet devastation.

Magic

Dreadlord rolls double 4s.

For Team Blue, Dreadlord and the Beastmage channel one die.

No channels for Green.

Versus Team Blue

PD 9, DD 5.

Dreadlord starts off with a 4 dice Enchanted Blades on the Warriors and a sac dagger.  Gets 18+4+1=23.

What do you want to do?

Magic Versus Team Green

Comet does not go off, adds a 4th token.

PD 8, DD 4.

Dreadlord starts off with a 1 die Powers of Darkness on the Metal Mage and a sac warrior.  Gets 5+4=9.

What do you want to do?

-------------------------------
I plan to move quickly through these so make sure you check the thread often!

:::cheers:::
HHG
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:31:02 PM by Holy Hand Grenade »