home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 4: Gnarltooth's Forest Goblin Crew  (Read 76483 times)

Offline mottdon

• Members
Re: Tactical Decision Game 4: Gnarltooth's Forest Goblin Crew
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »
I agree.  When we know what the vanguard situation is, then we can make the first move decision.

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »
Here is how they deployed

Arc 1 is where the Wiz and WH are.

Arc 2 is Arc 1's detachment.

Arc 3 is where the other WH is.

Arc 4 is Arc 3's detachment.

Arc 5 and 6 are the Halberd's detachments.

We won the roll to Vanguard first.  Based on the discussion so far-  I assume we Vanguard the east Spider Riders max distance in front of the Outriders to pinch them in?   
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline Windelov

• Members
Sv: Tactical Decision Game 4: Gnarltooth's Forest Goblin Crew
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2012, 09:13:23 PM »
Sounds fine hhg.

Offline Hieronymus

• Members
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »
I'm ok with that
Check the Imperial Office to read my Warhammer vignettes - all feedback gratefully received.

Latest: Dark Resurrection

Offline SevenSins

• Members
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2012, 09:57:46 PM »
Finally, I'm back! as one of the most vocal o&g voters my choice of team is obvious  :icon_mrgreen:

Looks fine deployment wise, and +1 to vanguard block the outriders

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2012, 10:21:47 PM »
Sorry guys, just caught up on reading. Have been overly busy of late. All sounds good so far though. Vanguard ahoy!
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2012, 10:38:47 PM »
Well Mork and Gork are happy.  I think any Rock Lobba roll hits something.  Vanguard the West SR to block the Outriders from moving towards are strength?
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2012, 03:39:29 AM »
Vanguard the West SR to block the Outriders from moving towards are strength?

I think so.
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

• Members
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2012, 09:11:07 AM »
After measuring the distances, I moved the east Spider Riders only over a few inches and forward as far as possible.

The Outriders can only move straight forward 2 inches....and if the east Outriders want to take shots at the Squig Herd they are going to have to go into the Venom Thicket to do it.

The bridge, while not massive, does go up and over the water and will provide cover for units behind it.

Waiting on Empire's Vanguard decisions now to move forward.
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »
Just thought I'd post this little tidbit:  Joey-Boy's Empire vs Noght's Night Goblins in Round 3 in the FluffyHammer Universal Battle Tourney.  Because we are actually in the same time zone, we'll go slow and save the turns and write a battle report. 

Empire vs Gobbos the flavor of the month!
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

• Members
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2012, 12:36:03 PM »
Just thought I'd post this little tidbit:  Joey-Boy's Empire vs Noght's Night Goblins in Round 3 in the FluffyHammer Universal Battle Tourney.  Because we are actually in the same time zone, we'll go slow and save the turns and write a battle report. 

I think humans versus greenskins is a classic matchup.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2012, 12:39:06 PM »

I think humans versus greenskins is a classic matchup.

I think Joey's list has a General with Runefang and lvl 3 Beast Mage on a Griffon.   My list has Skarsnick and a Giant!

• Members
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »
I think this is what Empire is going to go with:

We got the toss to determine the first turn.  Now the question is:  do we want to give them the first turn?

If so, I will ping them on their first turn movement.

If not, how do you want to move this turn?

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2012, 01:39:15 PM »
Two quick questions.

1. Does the bridge provide a "to hit" penalty at shots vs Gigantic Spider Bosses?
2. Does the River do the same for the SpR1?

Offline Windelov

• Members
Sv: Re: Tactical Decision Game 4: Gnarltooth's Forest Goblin Crew
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2012, 01:43:15 PM »
Two quick questions.

1. Does the bridge provide a "to hit" penalty at shots vs Gigantic Spider Bosses?

Good questions, if not i would like for us to get the firrst turn.

Offline Noght

• Members
Re: Sv: Re: Tactical Decision Game 4: Gnarltooth's Forest Goblin Crew
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2012, 01:45:42 PM »
Two quick questions.

Ditto.  I'd like to Lob at Gryphon while they are clumped and find a way to degrade the Outriders.  And it allows the Ambushers to get in while they are one less movement phase away from the Creepers.

Offline Hieronymus

• Members
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »
Two quick questions.

I don't know whether I agree with you.

As it stands, the outriders will not be at short range, and they cannot move and fire. They can shoot at the GSC, but those guys are probably sitting on a high armour save and t4, so it's not the easiest thing for them to be shooting at. Furthermore, we get ot allocate hits, so it's unlikely they'll kill a single model.

I think their deployment has meant that they have managed to bunch themselves up a bit, the ICK and the DGK are unlikely to both fit through that gap between the Outriders and the Tower, especially if they actually want to do anything with those archers. When they move things up, they are going to be pretty bunched up, and  that means that we've got some good opportunities to get into flanks and pin units in place, all that chaff could really go against them if we are strict about the 1" rule.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure I expressed it correctly.

Check the Imperial Office to read my Warhammer vignettes - all feedback gratefully received.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2012, 02:06:43 PM »

Yep, it's a good plan.  I just would hate to not punish their "stacked" deployment and poor placement of the Outriders (Dawn Attack helped us here).

SpR1 could get the the Venom Thicket, positioned in the flank of the OR.  SpR2 could move forward in such a way that the area south of the Tower is clear for the Arach who will occupy that vacated spot for a turn 2 charge over the tower.  Hope for a turn 2 Ambusher...

But I'm open to the team decision.

Offline Hieronymus

• Members
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2012, 02:44:38 PM »

Yep, it's a good plan.  I just would hate to not punish their "stacked" deployment and poor placement of the Outriders (Dawn Attack helped us here).

SpR1 could get the the Venom Thicket, positioned in the flank of the OR.  SpR2 could move forward in such a way that the area south of the Tower is clear for the Arach who will occupy that vacated spot for a turn 2 charge over the tower.  Hope for a turn 2 Ambusher...

But I'm open to the team decision.

Hmm, I think you are probably right.  Being able to have a crack at the Griffin would be useful, as I'm sure that they will probably fly it behind that building on the left hand side, to give it some protection, and buff the units going into the gap.

Perhaps the Squigs into the fungus forest, and the SPR1 into the Venom thicket, and on turn two charge the SPR1 into the nearby Outriders. We can then push the Squigs forward, relatively unmolested.

I would advocate waiting to see how they move, as we can't really move the arachnorok, without them being able to charge it, and we have a fair amount of spells and artillery. I'm a tad concerned that the Griffin is going to fly over the tower, and throw an amber spear through the arachnorok. Perhaps moving the SpR up to between the Arachnorok and the SpR2 would deny him the chance to land.

Not sure - it's kind of contingent on their first movement phase as to how we proceed.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2012, 04:31:09 PM »
I like trying to attack the gryphon while it is still grouped together.  I would like to see how the Empire can respond using the gryphon if it has taken a significant blow.

• Members
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2012, 08:15:45 PM »
Two quick questions.

I wish I would have gotten your questions before I went to bed.

The bridge does provide cover-  the river does not.

They had a few minor tweaks to their Vanguard, I will post it here shortly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay Greenskins, here is the final layout.  Time to get this party started.

Give me your movement plan since it appears you are chomping at the bit to get the 1st turn and get some action!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:42:18 PM by Holy Hand Grenade »

• Members
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2012, 08:52:51 PM »
One side note-  their Witch Hunters have decided to accuse our poor BSB of Heresy.

What did Bloatstink ever do to them???

Figured I would roll the Animosity rolls for you so it will help inform your decisions.  All the units are good except Spider Riders 2.  They want some blood and must declare a charge against the Outriders.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2012, 09:42:51 PM »
Figured I would roll the Animosity rolls for you so it will help inform your decisions.  All the units are good except Spider Riders 2.  They want some blood and must declare a charge against the Outriders.

Can Vanguarded Spider Riders charge?  Does the Animosity table override the BRB?

Offline Hieronymus

• Members
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2012, 09:43:50 PM »

Can Vanguarded Spider Riders charge?  Does the Animosity table override the BRB?

Very good point!

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2012, 09:46:22 PM »

Very good point!

Nope...

Q: Can a unit that has made a Vanguard move be forced to declare a
charge on the first turn of a game by getting a Squabble or We’ll
Show ‘Em result on the Animosity table? (p32)
A: No. As it made a Vanguard move it is not able to charge.