home

Author Topic: Helblaster volley or Helstorm rockets?  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Tarnell

• Members
Helblaster volley or Helstorm rockets?
« on: January 25, 2013, 02:20:42 PM »
Hi,
Currently building my first Empire army and have enough points for 2 rare artillery choices.
I was wondering if you guys can give me advise to go with 1 of each or 2 of one type.
I will be mostly playing against WOC comprising of 20 warriors, 40 and 20 marauders, 2 hellstorm cannons, some knights, and some dogs.
Thanks in advance! 

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Helblaster volley or Helstorm rockets?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:28:50 PM »
In the current edition, the HVG is much better than the Helstorm - with or without an Engineer.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »
If you have enough points for 2 rare artillery choices you have enough points for a steam tank.

Otherwise, what Fidelis said.

Offline Tarnell

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:45:58 PM »
In the current edition, the HVG is much better than the Helstorm - with or without an Engineer.

If you have enough points for 2 rare artillery choices you have enough points for a steam tank.

Otherwise, what Fidelis said.

Ah thanks guys. I'll go with 2 HGVs then.
I already have a steam tank but I heard most tournaments(if I ever play 1) don't allow 2 Stanks.

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »
If you are mainly playing Warriors with 2 Hellcannon then you may want an extra Great Cannon instead of a second Helblaster. 2 Great Cannon should be enough though so if you have the standard cookie cutter list with 2 Great Cannon, Steam Tank and 2 Helblaster Volley Guns with Master Engineers then you should be fine.
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline codger69

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 10:33:59 PM »
I'd say that an extra cannon over the Helstrom everytime, but I would take the HBVG as their potential damage will make them deploy away from it, allowing your cannon to be more effective.

:::cheers:::

Offline Tarnell

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 07:20:42 PM »
I have 2 cannons, 2 HVGs, 1 steam tank, and 2 engineers at the moment, might get a second. I've been told that If I play any tournaments then they wont allow all of this, along with 2 units of DGKs.

If you had to drop 1 or 2 things, from the above ^, what would it be? I'm thinking lose 1 HVG and 1 engineer and turn 2 units of 3 DGKs into 1 unit of 4?

Offline Dogstar XII

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 12:52:49 AM »
One question with the hell blaster dose it suffer a-1 for multiple shot and long range ?
If it's in your army book and points allow it who are they to tell you, you can't!

Offline Big Brother

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 03:12:17 AM »
No to multi shot penalty. Yes to range penalty.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »
If it's in your army book and points allow it who are they to tell you, you can't!
The tournament rules.  :dry:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Dogstar XII

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »
Oh well is that the only restrictions for said tournament or are they other restrictions like slaughter brutes for chaos or hydra for
D-elves...