home

Author Topic: Turn 5 Fluff Results  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Turn 5 Fluff Results
« on: March 18, 2013, 12:10:01 AM »
The Wolf throne was empty as Ar Ulric and Orlo walked into the chamber. The room was silent besides from the clicking of their boots on the marble floor as they approached the prize, the significant wooden carved seat of power. The arm rests had wolf heads protruding at the end but the eye sockets were empty. Under Duccia they had been decorated with rubies from Remas but it was tradition that the new Emperor would put his own mark there instead. They had walked halfway through the room before Orlo coughed and began to speak stopping their stroll in the centre of the grand room.

"Preperations have begun for the housing of the electorate as you requested your holiness. We have set aside rooms in the palace and your guard are moving in the required furniture. Similarly they are drilling for when they are required. There will be no violence during the election." Ar Ulric listened and couldn't help but notice the disproving phrase his secretary had used.

"As opposed to the violence currently?"

"Indeed your holiness. Yet more news has filtered through of brutal violence. This time it appears as though a battle took place near Guthugel."

"I have no idea where that is Orlo." replied Ar Ulric.

"Neither did I your holiness. It is a town between Suderberg and Delburz. The forces of young Titus caught some of Urenbachs troops attempting to relieve the siege. Ironically it was the force who had previously been besieging the city who defeated them in the field. Reports suggest that the defeat was signficant and remenants of the force arrived piecemeal at Delburz. Romanov, the foreign Kislevite general was killed in the battle. Apparently he was stuck down by a Dwarf mercenary pickaxe."

"What a shame."

"Georg will be most distraught for it gets far worse. Forces from Titus and his uncle the lord von Rusdorf reported marched into Suderberg and took it without opposition from the south." Ar Ulric whistled in response. "Ulric saw fit to make it even worse for it was not Urenbachs week. His capital is now besieged by forces from Herkus von Altenberg, it appears as though a significant blow was dealt." He was stopped by the snort of surprise from his master.

"Titus and Ludwig are now allies? They have spent the better part of this election battering each others walls and only then decide to hold hands? Family eh? Do we know which gentleman might be the one in ascension?"

"My sources suggest that nothing has been declared officially however Titus' forces are the ones manning the walls. I would imagine a discussion would likely take place in Suderberg though your holiness."

"Would to be a fly on that wall."

"It would be most interesting as it would indicate that one of the two has withdrawn from the election. Which would be the second elector recently. Wilhem von Sangerhausen has declared his intention to vote for his neighbour the lord Altenberg." Ar Ulric laughed openly at that statement. "He has since then marched directly into Koering and taken the town and with it the gateway to the south."

"I wonder why he suddenly decided that was a good idea?" he scoffed. "Something to do with all of those soldiers persuading him eh?"

"Again it would seem likely, of course Sangerhausens vote comes with the addition of his young guest. The von Orseln vote seems likely to go to his grandfather."

"Hardly suprising." Ar Ulric mused with a stroke of his beard.

"It would give him an early lead if all possible votes were to go to Altenberg from their combined forces. Though of course von Tiefen, von Hornhausen and the Duccian alliance all have significant amounts of votes."

"The Hochlanders continued their successful campaign then?" Ar Ulric enquired.

"It is... debatable. Our esteemed elector representing what seems to be much of the nobility of Hochland fought his way back into Fort Schippel. The fighting was bloody and apparently it looked as though the von Kerpen army taking shelter within was going to be destroyed however another of von Kerpens forces arrived and managed to provide enough of a deterant for the von Tiefen forces to allow what remains of the army to escape back towards Wolfenberg."

"A bloody nose for Kerpen. I do not eny him a retreat to Wolfenberg probably means a tongue lashing from the old man. von Plauen was notorious for his disapproval of failure in others. Harsh and unforgiving - a real joy to be around." he said sarcastically. The comment fell on conveniently deaf ears whilst Orlo ignored them.

"The two armies in the very south east fought yet another stalemate. von Kerpen and von Tiefen men wear each other down but nothing has changed in relation to their position."

"Relatively successful then as I said!" replied Ar Ulric.

"However, both Fort Denkh and Krudenwald fell to Hornhausen unopposed."

"Oh dear! I take back my previous remark about a tongue lashing. I would prefer that to the axe lashing that Herr von Braunschweig is likely to get. That genuinely is a shame, he was a decent fellow." Orlo is silent for several moments obviously uncomfortable with the callus way in which so much death is discussed. Eventually he starts up again after Ar Ulric walks up to the throne and touches the Wolf head briefly.

"So that is how the current election is looking your holiness. It appears that several factions have emerged but it is in no way over yet. There will be much manouevering before mid winter."

"It is nearly time then. We will soon have a new Emperor."
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Re: Turn 5 Fluff Results
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:10:56 AM »
Major NPC events launched.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:06:04 PM by Mogsam »
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.