home

Author Topic: Online Battle: End Times rules  (Read 4431 times)

Offline carmaul

• Members
Online Battle: End Times rules
« on: June 10, 2015, 10:12:19 PM »
I have not seen or played a game with all the end times rules in effect and I was wondering if there would be any interest in anyone playing one as an online battle.  I would be willing to moderate (I mainly want to see how the game goes, even if I am not on one of the sides).

Any takers? 

PS.  If anyone wants to run Grand Legion, I will allow the other side to pick models from all the Armies of Order.

Offline emcdunna

• Members
Re: Online Battle: End Times rules
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 12:04:19 AM »
Yeah that'd be cool, but how do you do an online battle?

Pictures? Or skype? Or on one of those sites that let's you put pictures of models on a map and move them?

Online Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Ondjage

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 10:34:02 AM »
A fight? Count me in!

I just recently played a end times game, 12k pts of dwarves, empire and wood elves, versus tomb kings, high elves and chaos.
Our side had 5 cannons, including a steam tank: we got first turn, and killed Nagash, their hierotitan, their casket of souls and their morale in a matter of minutes. The game was settled, and we absolutely crushed them. Cannons need a nerf!!
Another subpar post by Ondjage.

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 05:26:47 PM »
Cannons just need to be limited to 0-1, or give every single race a "Storm banner", or just make them go back to d3 wounds

Offline carmaul

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 10:12:16 PM »
in a 12k game against empire or dwarves, you should hide Nagash.

Online Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 10:14:02 PM »
You should always hide Nagash - it is a hideous model for WFB.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline carmaul

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 10:25:19 PM »
Depends on who painted the model.  I have seen a few Nagashes/Nagashi(?) that do not look like crap.

Back on topic.  I was thinking like 3k points or so.  enough to do some fun stuff, but not too much.

Just for reference:  This topic covers End Times rules:  http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=50345.msg940500#msg940500

Alternately,  I've been playing around in my head a sort of RPG but using units.  For example,  500 points including a hero/lord and a unit of something.  and they run across something generated to fight.  More of a co-op setup, where multiple people get to each control a unit and fight against whatever I put in their way. [Just spitballing here]

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 11:44:21 PM »
I like the RPG idea! You could have a person playing the "Dungeon master" like in dungeons and dragons.

He makes the story up, rolls for how many orcs you run into, etc.

So for instance:
You have a warrior priest with some items, a unit of 30 halberdiers, a detachment of 5 archers, and a detachment of 10 handgunners.

You have to explore some forest or something where an orc ambush is waiting. You roll to see how effective an ambush led by a dumb orc can be... then you have to fight off 3 units of 10 orc boys (choppa and shields)

Offline Ondjage

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
Bump

Offline carmaul

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »
Set

Offline Vauln

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 09:41:57 PM »
Spike

Offline carmaul

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 01:40:36 PM »
Is there any interest in a 2500-3000 End Times game?

If so,  please respond and say what army you would like to use.

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 03:13:57 PM »
I am interested I suppose. Would it be on universal battle? I think I would want to use empire, but not sure.

Offline Ondjage

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 04:56:25 PM »
Empire vs legions of chaos!!

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 11:56:04 PM »
I really want to see what Karl Franz Ascended would do.

I'd probably run him, a level 4, BSB, some knights and core troops and nothing else too crazy. Would it be like a 3,000 point game?

One issue I have with ET is that you REALLY shouldn't play this at a 3,000 pt level or higher.

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 02:48:55 AM »
Oh I see. I like it!

Obviously there needs to be some level of honesty to make it work, but maybe that just makes for a fun and entertaining game :)