home

Author Topic: Spaceship Wargaming - edited post topic  (Read 5613 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Re: Spaceship Wargaming - edited post topic
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 09:10:42 PM »

Full Thrust takes the trophy for being my favourite game in the space fleet battle genre.
Ground Zero Game's legendary space fleet game has the record for the most decorated sci fi space game in the history of sci fi space games.
It has a global following.
Full Thrust has won best sci fi miniature game awards since the mid to late 90's and it has evolved slowly over that time.
It maintains complete flexibility for the customer/player and it keeps the gameplay moving at a good clip once you have the rules down.
The more recent GZG fleets are also excellent models. (The earlier were pretty ugly)
You can use all your BFG toys for Full Thrust.
I do.  :icon_mrgreen:
You can create your own ships in Full Thrust.

You forgot: "Full Thrust is available as a free PDF download from the GZG web page."

http://www.groundzerogames.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=9&id=29&Itemid=50

I downloaded Stargrunt a while ago but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I should probably take a look at all of those games (if I ever get some free time.)

Offline Justnorth

• Members
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 05:36:39 PM »

Full Thrust takes the trophy for being my favourite game in the space fleet battle genre.
Ground Zero Game's legendary space fleet game has the record for the most decorated sci fi space game in the history of sci fi space games.
It has a global following.
Full Thrust has won best sci fi miniature game awards since the mid to late 90's and it has evolved slowly over that time.
It maintains complete flexibility for the customer/player and it keeps the gameplay moving at a good clip once you have the rules down.
The more recent GZG fleets are also excellent models. (The earlier were pretty ugly)
You can use all your BFG toys for Full Thrust.
I do.  :icon_mrgreen:
You can create your own ships in Full Thrust.

You forgot: "Full Thrust is available as a free PDF download from the GZG web page."

i buy the full colour versions for the maximum eye candy factor.  :icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen:
It's so cheap it ends up being little more than what it would cost me to print it out on my printer in toner and paper.

I downloaded Stargrunt a while ago but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I should probably take a look at all of those games (if I ever get some free time.)

Stargrunt II is available as a free download but Stargrunt is not a space fleet game, it's like a sci-fi Infantry game, essentially Ground Zero games own 40K if you like.
GW can pucker their skanky lips and suck my arse.

He's French. Since when do his plans have to be feasible?

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2021, 02:23:35 AM »
You know, I am kind of surprised there isn't an X-Wing style game for BSG. Or with how well BSG Deadlock did, it doesn't have a miniature game like BFG or the x-wing capital ship game
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2021, 03:01:21 AM »
Ha! This thread was 11 1/2 years last posted, but Feanor "The Necromancer" Fire Heart used his power to raise it! :icon_wink: :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2021, 03:48:32 AM »
I've been playing a lot of BSG Deadlock lately and with all the different strike craft, I think a dog fighting tabletop game would be fantastic. Especially since the strike craft in BSG follow Newtonian physics unlike the Star Wars Universe. They'd be able to do 180 turns and flips in 0.3 seconds instead of having to soar in a circle.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog