home

Author Topic: NFL ... American Football 2022 ...  (Read 69 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
NFL ... American Football 2022 ...
« on: July 31, 2022, 04:23:38 AM »
Time for another NFL season is almost here. :icon_cool:

So as folks probably know, not much of an instacrud follower of any kind.

However, found a link to this video done by Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Gardner Minshew ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgcPAvjtGnM/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=f857faed-b965-40b7-b7fe-2b3464d04c3c

To be honest, never even heard of him previously ... lol ... but I have now.  No clue as to how good he is, but evidently marketing himself a bit.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline KTG17

Re: NFL ... American Football 2022 ...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 01:33:37 AM »
I had high hopes for him in Jacksonville but after a few promising wins it just didnít pan out. I blame the organization tho.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 10:23:12 AM »
After a six-month-long investigation into the Miami Dolphins' alleged tampering with Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady and former New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton this past offseason, as well as team owner Stephen Ross allegedly financially incentivizing tanking to former head coach Brian Flores, the NFL finalized its decision on the matter

The Dolphins must forfeit their first-round pick in the 2023 draft, and a third-round pick in 2024. Meanwhile the team's owner was fined $1.5 million, suspended through Oct. 17 (the first six weeks of the season), indefinitely removed from all league committees, and uninvited from all league meetings until next offseason.  The team's vice chairman Bruce Beal was also fined $500,000 and isn't allowed to attend league meetings for the rest of the season as well.

It seems that the investigation by the NFL found that Ross and the Dolphins violated league rules against tampering with a player under contract with another club.  It also appears that this was going on as far back as 2019 when Brady was still with the New England Patriots, and then again in 2021 when they apparently got caught.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 10:27:08 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline KTG17

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 01:18:07 PM »
I was born in Miami, so this has been my team unfortunately, but I lost interest in supporting them. Stephen Ross is a total moron, and the sooner he sells the team the better for Miami. But the Dolphins haven't been the same since the reign of Dave Wannstedt, who essentially destroyed the team. That idiot should be driving taxis not coaching football teams. All he does is make a team worse everywhere he goes.

But Ross has also ruined the team. To give you an example, when he bought the team, he made a lot of hoopla about selling parts of the team to local celebrities, so give the team his local ownership type vibe. One of these was Jennifer Lopez who was married to Marc Anthony at the time. Brought a lot of glitz to the team but little substance. Stephen was big on the entertainment side of things, and had a club installed in the stadium.

So all this does nothing to improve the team. Since 2008 the only thing they have accomplished is 2 wildcard losses. But what bothers me about Ross's entertainment approach is that he seems to forget that he owns a football team. The goal here is to win a football game. You need a good team, support from the fans, etc. Installing a nightclub at the stadium where fans can party during the game, as opposed to being in their seats cheering on the team, is mind-boggling to me. You don't see Green Bay or Pittsburgh fans leaving their seats to go hang out in a club. The Orange Bowl used to be a tough place to play, as most of the older stadiums are. The crowds were rowdier, the heat was an advantage, etc. No one seems to be trying to do the same at the newer stadium. When you cater to higher income earners and feel the need to offer amenities that go beyond football, you are in the wrong business. And as the team sucked, fans stopped showing up, and Lopez asked, 'where are all the fans?' like she was disappointed they didn't come out to see her. They aren't there because the team sucks.

I put Ross as inept as Dee Haslam, another complete moron.

Good football organizations begin with the owner and front office, and Miami is going to suck as long as Ross is there. And bringing Brady into the org wasn't a good idea either. The plan was to buy out Brady's contract, let him play a year or two in Miami as QB, then hire him for the front office. That is why Brady and Giselle are building that massive mansion in Miami. That is where they were going to settle for a long time and Brady and Ross are friends and so Brady would have something to do while down there.

But how was Brady in the front office going to help the org? What does he even know about being part of the front office? Nothing. But its a big name that lights up the Dolphins signage for Ross. More glitz.

So I refuse to be a fan of the Dolphins while that idiot is there. The whole org needs an enema. Plus, I'll never move back to Miami anyway.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 01:22:22 PM by KTG17 »