home

Author Topic: The War of Ostermark Succession Begins!  (Read 2548 times)

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
The War of Ostermark Succession Begins!
« on: July 31, 2005, 10:24:21 PM »
Glory!

It's a few minutes past twelve where I am, which means it's MONDAY THE FIRST OF AUGUST as far as I'm concerned. By the time you read this, the Battle Report Forum will be open for you to register your battles!

Make sure you check up on the Campaign FAQ and the more specific instructions on how to report a battle before you go all crazy. Remember that this is the Opening Offensive; all battles you have played for the campaign prior to launch may be reported in this first round only! This rounds lasts until Wednesday/Thursday, depending on when I get back from a well-deserved sailing trip with my dad :)

Note that we will be using this first round to assess the participant strength of each faction as well, and we may implement some modifiers to cover for any faction that is particularly understaffed. As we don't have thousands of participants to balance out the statistics, this is a necessary artifice. We will re-evaluate these figures on a round-by-round basis and, of course, you will be at the cruel mercy of our every whim throughout this campaign, so don't none of you expect an easy march across Ostermark!

Well, this is it then. We've finally started. This is the time where I'm supposed to give a long and pretentious speech about all the great people who have made this possible and all of you who have kept us going by your continued interest and enthusiasm, even through the past months where - as far as you could tell - nothing happened. Much as I love being pretentious, I'm going to resist and let the campaign speak for itself. While you participate, I only ask you to remember that this was brought to you by the efforts of volunteers; gamers and forum members like you and I who had a bit too much time on their hands and a desire to give something back to this wonderful community. I owe you all a drink.

Happy gaming!

--General Helstrom, on behalf of the Campaign Team
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline cripple

• Members
  • We have found a witch. May we burn her?
The War of Ostermark Succession Begins!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 11:03:57 PM »
First battle reported by Stirland, a victory foreshadowing things to come!
Cripple - back from the "real world."