home

Author Topic: Round 3 Tactics - Latest MONDAY 15th Update  (Read 6685 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Round 3 Tactics - Latest MONDAY 15th Update
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2005, 09:39:29 PM »
Kaltenbach is the target at the moment - boosting our defense there.

Everything we've got.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2005, 05:53:46 AM »
Wow my little rant in the open forum has stirred up some interesting banter.

On another note The Uneasy is being hit nicely by stirland, but why are there so many full battle reports on Bechafen? I thought you could only post skirmish reports there for riot points?
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2005, 06:21:24 AM »
Bechafen is a funny town.

Its the only place you can report skirmish,border patrol and mordheim games.

For those you get only 200 points x modifiers. Then what ever you earn in points the riot control also gets a value equal to half of what you got.

Full games may also be reported there.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2005, 08:10:40 AM »
Right - Change of Plan

Talabecland has NOT attacked us, and all of their big hitters - Helblaster, cisse and episteme, have posted their 5 battle allowance.

As Vann Harl says it seems the Watchman is under attack.

I've just done the calculations and based on about 5 minutes ago we are still 1900 points in front.

Edit: Just checked Rorrak's standings thread, and it may be closer than I thought. :?:

That is too close - one of Demonslayer's "perfect" massacres and that's 1600pts.

Frederick and Rha Celt we need your posts at the Watchman please.

Anyone else with something let us know here and we can decide where it will go best later in the day.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2005, 10:43:36 AM »
Latest 11.40 am Monday morning UK BST.

We have confusing figures at the moment.

I was way out with my 1900 points in front - I now reckon we are actually 1600 points behind.

Rorrak's figures in the 'standings thread' show us 200 in front, but I am not sure he's fully up to date, and we cannot afford to take the risk.

So it's all the points we can muster to the defense of the Watchman.

Ref Demonslayer: I make it 3 more battle reports, as 2 of his current ones are skirmishes.
We'll just have to hope he needs to use them elsewhere after the Talabeclanders onslaught.

Offline rha celt

• Members
As promised
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2005, 12:28:24 PM »
I have posted my four battles to the uneasy watchman. They were not great victories but I hope they help. I will try to sneak away again next weekend for a couple of games but may not be able to add anything for two weeks.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2005, 12:31:01 PM »
@Rha Celt

They may not have been big, but they may have been just enough if no more stirland battles are reported at the Uneasy.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2005, 01:30:29 PM »
We may have something to add from Frederick Ironstrom as well later if he gets here in time.

Good job rha celt - I've just added my meagre 500 from a minor victory, and I hope we are 1150 points in front now.

I just hope Stirland have finished - I saw Pygmyhippo's post and feared the worst, but he's posted to Udo's.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »
@ Rha Celt
Any Victory for Ulric is a great Victory! Remember Ulric blesses courage and honour above all else.

But you may want to edit your battle report posts and put them in the correct format, I shudder to think that your fine battles will be ignored because the Moderator might not accept a report in correct format
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline Frederick Ironstrom

• Members
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2005, 03:03:29 PM »
I'm starting a scenario game for the uneasy right now! whats the deadline for the report? I also have a draw with no modifiers.

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2005, 03:09:34 PM »
Not sure on the deadline.

My advice, just play and enjoy. If you finish in time great, if not so be it.

Post the drawn game now though just in case.

• Members
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2005, 03:12:12 PM »
right posting unmodified draw.

• Members
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2005, 05:30:44 PM »
Ok the draw is posted but don't count on anything coming out of this game. It's that Bret list. We've broken up for dinner with 3 turns played. Had to choose the sword of sigismund because I didnt get a unit of free company done....and the captain carrying it got killed in a challenge by the paladin with virtue of the joust. Mortar blew up too.

He's got 1 healthy knight block and 1 damaged one, aswell as 3 pegasus and some archers. I have a wizard, foot captain(general) , 1 block hals ( 3 ranks) and 1 block swords (4 ranks) and 10 freecompany. Draw is the best case scenario I think... will post if I'm still alive. :wink:

• Members
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2005, 06:46:07 PM »
I got a draw but the reports are locked for processing. :(

You appear to possess the farsight Rorrak....witch! :shock:

• Members
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2005, 08:06:38 PM »
Just read the report for round three, the most obvious thing is we still have The Uneasy Watchmen!

:clap:  :clap: Well fought everybody! :clap:  :clap:

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2005, 08:09:24 PM »
Yes we have a supprising lead at The uneasy.

We may have too many points there but I will check tommorow and lodge a query if I still think so.

• Members
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2005, 08:10:48 PM »
:shock: It may be too good to be true? :shock:

Nevertheless I agree we must have it absolutely certain, out of respect for all involved. I suppose :wink:

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2005, 08:12:45 PM »
Actually no !

If you take off the 1000 point penalty I added because Midaski thought there may be an error and add in the late reports from us its about right.

• Members
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2005, 08:15:24 PM »
Super, that's a relief....

Well round four tomorrow, have to decide where to hit next. I'll get another game tomorrow.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2005, 08:27:50 PM »
Quote from: Rorrak
Actually no !

If you take off the 1000 point penalty I added because Midaski thought there may be an error and add in the late reports from us its about right.

Well I double checked my figures and we should have been up about 1550.
I think we got given the 4 massacres by Champion of Ulric that were posted to Brustenbruck against team orders - we said we wanted them at the Uneasy and the 6400 points make up the difference.
We have a 7950 lead - 6400 + 1550.

However it was a great show all round - but can we maintain it.

We've posted the least battle reports of all the factions, and we have included draws and minor victories, and we still seem to be in a good position.
Yet because we will be perceived to be 'winning' no doubt we will find 'modifiers' working against us.

I've started the Round 4 thread lads, with my thoughts - let's hear from you, and we really ought to start trying to get the rest of our signed up members involved?

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2005, 08:33:43 PM »
I think we got given the 4 massacres by Champion of Ulric that were posted to Brustenbruck against team orders - we said we wanted them at the Uneasy and the 6400 points make up the difference.

Uhm... No you didn't. Those were discarded, pure and simple. It may be my atrocious math skills, but Rorrak seems to agree, and he has a calculator program! I'll double-check tomorrow. Do you have your figures on your computer so you could paste them here for my review?
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2005, 08:40:40 PM »
Quote from: General Helstrom

Uhm... No you didn't. Those were discarded, pure and simple. It may be my atrocious math skills, but Rorrak seems to agree, and he has a calculator program! I'll double-check tomorrow. Do you have your figures on your computer so you could paste them here for my review?

No I am so old I can still do 'Mental Maths' and use quill and parchment :!:

However - as you mentioned Champion of Ulric - how come you have not replied to my email about removing him from our faction list - I do not like the idea of his registration being on Massacre Man's PC.
 :wink:

and I hope that because we may have a slight edge due to our superior organisation and tactics, that we are not going to get all sorts of modifier penalties in the next round.
If we can achieve this with 65 reports and Stirland can make such a mess of 104/105 reports [all massacres with 100% bonuses :wink: ] they deserve to be sent packing back to Hohleburg. - so there :evil:
 :wink:

• Members
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2005, 08:43:16 PM »
Ulric's blessed furry boots! :shock:

They are in a shambles....104 reports!

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2005, 08:44:32 PM »
However - as you mentioned Champion of Ulric - how come you have not replied to my email about removing him from our faction list - I do not like the idea of his registration being on Massacre Man's PC.

I forgot! I'll do it right away.

We'll come up with some fun stuff in the Journal. Might shake things up a bit but nothing too extreme. The stirlanders couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag without some bonus modifiers though ;)
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Middenland_is_Okay

• Members
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2005, 09:11:05 PM »
please, just defensive modifiers. That is a too edged weapon as it will allow more battles to go to attacking, so no offensive modifier need, right?
I make no sense, and I don't care!!