home

Author Topic: Mordheim bits  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Shadowwolf

• Members
  • Post quality makes you a veteran gamer!
Mordheim bits
« on: March 14, 2009, 08:08:17 PM »
Howdy!

I'm currently (although very slowly) manufacturing warhammer houses which will in a while (pretty long one, though) become an Imperial city. What is troubling me is, though, the amount of windows I'll have to construct from scratch. Sure, they look pretty good, and are not very hard to make, but it's time consuming and easily slows down the work...

So I tried looking for the ol' mordheim building windows and doors, you know the plastic set which came with the 6th edition starter set. Unfortunately, I havn't been able to find any retailer selling these. Is there anyone out there with a clue to one doing so? Or do you have another retailer making similar bits?

I'd be grateful for any help I can get!  :::cheers:::

Shadowwolf
On the right only red, to your left all is white
Ev'ryone's holding, stay in the fight!
White to the right side, left only red
Run like the others, or you'll end up dead!
Talabheim State Troop proverb
Deviantart? http://dlshadowwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
Re: Mordheim bits
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:29:04 PM »
There should be somewhere to buy windows online. I remember seeing a site that sold very cheap resin windows of the style you wanted, I'll try and find it.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 10:34:48 PM »
The best windows I've seen come with the Mordheim box.  I believe there is a Mordheim building sprue you can order but I'm not sure.
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 12:58:43 AM »
at one time there was some one who was using a vacuum machine to make plastic windows.  he put his masters on the vacuum chamber screen and then placed the heated thin plastic sheet over it and turned on the vacuum it would suck down and form a copy of the frame which you had to cut out and glue onto the wall, if you were careful it didin't look too boad.  steveb

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »
That's the one I was looking for Uryens. :blush:
8 windows for 2 pounds = awesome
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 07:26:17 AM »
oh great, just great, now I'm not going to have any money in my bank account :engel:, crap.  Great site though, thanks for posting it.  Even as dangerous as I'm sure it will be to me, thanks.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.