home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 262140 times)

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1725 on: May 10, 2021, 03:20:57 PM »
Interestingly, looks like introducing some new bloodlines or familys for vampires.

Latest article on Warhammer Community announces 5 Vampire bloodlines in the new book...

Imagine so far we've seen bottom left (wolf) and one of the other 2 winged ones from the bottom maybe?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1726 on: May 10, 2021, 03:23:27 PM »
The Vampire Counts strike again! :icon_mrgreen:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1727 on: May 10, 2021, 03:27:23 PM »
Sorry - same article, I should have read on...

We have;

Legion of Night
The trap-layers.

Legion of Blood
The classy ones.

Kastelai Dynasty
The knightly orders.

Avengorii Dynasty
The nightmare brood.

Vyrkos Dynasty
The wolf pack.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1728 on: May 10, 2021, 03:49:50 PM »
Interestingly, it removes the Strigoi from the vampire bloodlines family and kinda firmly places them off as their own thing. Also the Necrarchs are pretty much gone from the vamp bloodline. They were never THAT popular I think so maybe its just cleaning house? So to speak.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1729 on: May 10, 2021, 03:51:53 PM »
The Vyrkos lot sound interesting too, they don't trace their lineage to Nagash but some sort of beast hence their wolfiness - kinda like a vampire/werewolf mashup by the sounds of it?...

This unusual dynasty has developed a distinct culture. The legends say their Soulblight curse cannot be traced back to Nagash, but rather to a godbeast – which would explain the strange nature of their affliction.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1730 on: May 10, 2021, 04:41:52 PM »
We've been missing a real werewolf flavor in warhammer for a while. We had skin wolves but they were always very minor and chaos aligned.

Big article dropped today hinting at whats coming in the new edition.

The earth-shattering narrative detailed in the Broken Realms series will soon be coming to a close, as the imprisoned god Kragnos breaks free of his chains and unleashes a rampage of godly proportions upon the realm of Ghur. Following the conclusion of this fourth and final book, the story of the Mortal Realms will continue as Sigmar and the forces of Order wrestle with the arrival of new gods, new monsters, and a surge of life across the land.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/10/4-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-next-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #1731 on: May 10, 2021, 05:32:21 PM »
Kragnos is like an anti-Orion. Is it Orion I'm thinking of?
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1732 on: May 10, 2021, 06:15:18 PM »
Orion/Kurnous, yes. In AOS, he's referred to as Kurnoth, and the satyr/centaur aelves in the Underworlds: Beastgrave were Kurnothi. It's my hope that they're linked, and we'll be getting Destruction aelves!

Old Stonebeard
you know you can just play 8th, right?

Quote from: Midaski
You think he would tell Zak and not his staff?
Even (Grutch) is not that insensitive

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1733 on: May 10, 2021, 07:16:31 PM »
Those multi pointed hairy horns are so unappealing to me.  It would have been so cool to have real beastly horns.

And interestingly the size of his head seeming to be disproportionate to his body, looks like its that way in the art work as well as the sample figure that's been seen.  Can't say the sculptor didn't stay true to concept.

Where are those Beastmen of yesteryear, perhaps wrapped into with the forces of destruction?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1734 on: May 10, 2021, 07:33:47 PM »
Where are those Beastmen of yesteryear, perhaps wrapped into with the forces of destruction?

No, they've had their own Battletome since 2018:

Old Stonebeard

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1735 on: May 17, 2021, 12:00:41 AM »
Next weeks preorders were shown and most of them have been revealed before, but the new Get Started boxset is both good looking, and new.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1736 on: May 17, 2021, 12:21:39 AM »
Awesome!☝️
Love these guys
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1737 on: May 17, 2021, 12:50:39 AM »
Grab some square bases and it works fine for Fantasy as well.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1738 on: May 17, 2021, 12:25:33 PM »
I just got myself a couple of the old Start Collecting Skeleton Hoard boxes before the skellies went OOP, this new one with Grave Guard and the new Wight King is a very welcome sight, no mortarch thingymabob to have to get rid of.

I'm going to end up with a hell of a lot of Black Knights though!

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1739 on: May 24, 2021, 05:01:29 AM »
New releases coming Saturday. I feel like we're definitely feeling the pandemic crunch- that's a lot of big kits for a single weekend, but they gotta push 'em out before AOS 3rd Edition drops this summer.

Kragnos, the End of Empires. New Destruction god/demi-god, depending on source.

An oldie but goodie- Kroak lives again, and I do dig his floating chair upgrade:

The twins, which I like more than I should. TL;DR, Slaanesh gave birth to a baby, and the newborn gave birth to twins.

Sylvaneth Warsinger. Apparently Alarielle, goddess of Life, is making a power play now that Nagash, god of Death, has been defeated.

And our very own Order of Azyr father-daughter duo:

Old Stonebeard

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1740 on: May 24, 2021, 11:25:03 AM »
Except for perhaps the twins, we've seen the rest before. Sometimes that is how marketing works though.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1741 on: May 24, 2021, 05:38:56 PM »
We have seen the twins before as well ya. Previews previously, now its actual release time.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1742 on: May 25, 2021, 01:39:40 AM »
What Gankom said- none of these are new reveals, but they are finally going up for pre-order next week. But, on the subject of new reveals...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/24/whats-inside-the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-dominion-boxed-set-find-out-on-saturday/

They're unboxing the new "Indomitus"-scale 3rd Edition starter box this coming Saturday. Considering we literally haven't seen 90% of the new Stormcast + nothing but teasers of the entirely new Destruction faction, this is set to be a bigger reveal than their over-wrought Warhammer Fest previews.

We've also got some tasty lore reveals from a new article on Kragnos:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/24/get-to-know-kragnos-the-grumpy-god-who-tried-to-rage-smash-all-the-eggs-in-the-mortal-realms/

Before the time of men, duardin, aelves, and even greenskins, the entirety of the Ghurish Heartlands was ruled by many monstrous races that towered over the lesser mortals of the era. One of these tribes was the Drogrukh, powerful centauroid beings that, despite their great strength and capacity for war, lived in harmony with the land.

Legend has it that Kragnos was born to the rulers of Donse, the central nation of the Drogrukh, and while his people were content to only take what they needed to survive, Kragnos wanted more. Scolded for beating his brother to a pulp over the right to court the same mare, the bad-tempered warrior struck out across Ghur with only a small band of trusted companions for company.

As they grew skilled in the arts of war, these Drogrukh fashioned weapons and armour from exposed streams of magma, with Kragnos digging out the heart of a supercharged geomantic nexus to create his prized Dread Mace. It was around this time that he also recovered the shield, Tuskbreaker, from a deep ravine, having been hurled there in fury when Gorkamorka chipped his tooth testing the great bronze shield like a man might test a gold coin.

The orruks of Ghur began to gather around Kragnos, impressed by tales of his rampant destruction, and for his part, Kragnos respected their single-minded brutality and stubbornness. Shamans offered up the marrow of slain monsters and hoards of priceless amberbone, which the Drogrukh champion was all too happy to gorge on.

As his diet of realmstone and monster marrow concentrated the primordial energies of Ghur into him, Kragnos began to exhibit abilities beyond any mortal warrior. His ascent to power was marked by the crushing of countless civilisations until word spread across the Mortal Realms of ‘The End of Empires’ whose arrival spelt doom for all.

While the ground had always shaken at his footfalls, it now cracked and sundered wherever Kragnos went. At the Battle of Blood Gulch, an enormous fissure opened up and swallowed the monster-hunting Garagga barbarians whole, giving rise to his legend as the god of earthquakes.

Soon Kragnos’ gaze turned to the Draconith. Once respected allies of the Drogrukh, now they were merely the latest challenge to his growing power. In an apocalyptic conflict that rendered both races all but extinct, Kragnos crushed the drakes and their home – but little did he know, this conquest would prove to be his undoing.

After the battle, Kragnos looked around him to see the broken bodies of many of his friends. In his rage, he vowed to wipe out the Draconith from history, trampling every clutch of eggs he could find. Sounds like a perfectly rational, if a bit messy, response to us.

As he hunted down the last of dragonkind, the surviving Draconith princes beseeched the aid of the ancient intellect, known only as Lord Kroak. The regal slann hatched a plan that saw Kragnos drawn into battle atop a great mountain and finally, with the Great Drake Dracothion itself lending its divine power, sealed the Earthquake God within its granite heart.

This gives a lot of context to the animated-narrative trailer they dropped for Kragnos a bit ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFkCt0bLoI4

Some big take-aways...

This further builds on the pre-Age of Myth, where the primordial Mortal Realms existed without Sigmar or the other mortals-turned-gods. The lore states that he found Grimnir and Grungni "chained atop a mountain", and Gorkamorka stuck in amber, which implies that those gods who were gods in WHFB are removed from the ascended mortals and were awake for this period.

People have long wondered where the dragons are in AOS, and now we have an answer: Kragnos killed them all, at the cost of his own race, before finally getting sealed away by the celestial dragon godbeast Dracothian with Kroak's help.

Based on these clips from the new Warhammer+ streaming service teaser, the dominant theory is that the new starter box faction will be Kragnos-loyal greenskins, which seems to be validated by the continued emphasis on greenskins in both the new background + the teaser trailer. "The green ones... understood."

Bonus round, new pattern of Stormcast armor we haven't seen before:

Also, can we get a moment of appreciation for the cave painting from the Broken Realms Kragnos book? AOS needs more art like this.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1743 on: May 25, 2021, 02:23:21 AM »
Well  at least he has real looking horns in the cave art.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1744 on: May 29, 2021, 06:23:51 PM »
New Destruction faction releasing with the 3rd Edition starter box! Meet the Kruleboyz, or, what you get when you cross classic WHFB hobgoblins with Fimir:

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #1745 on: May 29, 2021, 06:30:53 PM »
Getting a big LotR mini vibe off the Orcs.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1746 on: May 29, 2021, 06:49:34 PM »
Lovin it all. Especially that troll!!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1747 on: May 29, 2021, 07:12:39 PM »
Agreed on the STRONG LOTR vibes.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1748 on: May 29, 2021, 07:37:28 PM »
I will say I'm liking these Stormcast way more, and I was generally already a fan of them. The armor looks nicer and fits in more as a medieval knight/paladin. Angel lady looks nice although I generally don't like big characters like that in my army anyway.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1749 on: May 29, 2021, 08:52:43 PM »
Just thinking about the old gobbo spear chukka. Could throw it on a new base and add an orc overseer for the new artillery.

And definitely, SOF hit the LotR’s hommage.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020