home

Author Topic: Magic the gathering...gathering thread  (Read 470100 times)

Offline Heinrich von Kampfmann

• Members
  • May Sigmar guide my blade
Re: Magic the gathering...gathering thread
« Reply #7400 on: March 07, 2021, 12:36:32 PM »
Arena just launched on andriod. But prefer to play on the computer, barely xD

Spent soo much time on Arena, trying to prioritize wife, son and painting instead. :)

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #7401 on: March 08, 2021, 09:42:54 AM »
Man, I miss MTG. Sometimes. Then I remember I'm not very good and I don't want to play against the best cards the whole time.

The best games I have are with my brother and cousin, playing casual EDH. Best format for fun, if you don't ruin it with high power cards.

Modern competitive is fun too, but takes a lot of energy. Still need to get more games with my hardened scales deck, but I've put it away after the outbreak of covid-19 and trying to stay away from MTG. Missing the old days of playing too much. But there seems to be a light in the tunnel so thinking of picking up another modern deck called Tron. Unsure as it's a bit pricey and got a car loan to pay of too.... and if vaccine fails then no point in having more decks I don't get to use.
EDH is fun indeed. Especially if you don't go for the most competitive decks.
Modern can be fun to, but the card designes of Wizards wasn't great the last years. So the format is not that great al the time... And far from non rotating.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #7402 on: March 17, 2021, 05:58:53 PM »
The thing is, though, that EDH is an arms race. People will not always agree on powerlevels and that will lead to friction if you get combo'd out by the same deck for the tenth time in a row. I can personally resist it. I often refuse to play cards like Rhystic Study or Smothering Tithe because it just makes for a nightmarish game state. Let alone if everybody has one.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

• Members
« Reply #7403 on: March 20, 2021, 09:52:29 PM »
The thing is, though, that EDH is an arms race. People will not always agree on powerlevels and that will lead to friction if you get combo'd out by the same deck for the tenth time in a row. I can personally resist it. I often refuse to play cards like Rhystic Study or Smothering Tithe because it just makes for a nightmarish game state. Let alone if everybody has one.

Yeah, it sure is like that. My cousin, my brother and I all got one of the 2017 commander precons. I went for wizards, my brother cats and and cousin dragons. My brother first wanted the vampires but they were sold out, so I got him the deck for christmas second hand but in great condition. The vampires and dragons often win. We altered the decks but try to keep them at the same level, or else it just snowballs out of control.   :engel:
Somehow I never manage to win with wizards, but I haven't put in some of the more powerful combos, like Wanderwine Prophets.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #7404 on: March 21, 2021, 02:21:52 PM »
Honestly, for those precons, go for Kess. Kess is far more bah-ro-ken than Inalla. Yes, you can spiral out of control with Inalla fairly well, but for the truly broken stuff, go Kess.

Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

• Members
« Reply #7405 on: June 18, 2021, 02:17:20 PM »
Had some time, energy, a load of "useless cards" (from a large purchase last year) and store credits in a Game Store from trade-ins. Just dug out the cards that I found and used the credits to get the missing cards, mostly rares and mythics. Unsleeved some cards and got over 400 sleeves ready to serve.

The plan is to use these decks to introduce people to magic, with real decks and not just random cards. Reckon they're somewhat balanced against eachother. Since these decks are really cheap I can sell them on for a bit of profit, if someone wants one.  Also got 4 Zabaz, the Glimmerwasp from MH2 for my hardened scales deck in modern,  not getting Urza's sagas just yet.... 

Aether Revolt planeswalker decks Ajani and Tezzeret
 https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/aether-revolt-planeswalker-deck-lists-2017-01-11

Dragon's Maze intro decks. Azorius, Orzhov, Gruul, Simic and Rakdos.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/dragons-maze-intro-pack-decklists-2013-04-24
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 02:50:27 PM by Heinrich von Kampfmann »