home

Author Topic: b0007452's Army of Bogenhafen  (Read 23520 times)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Re: b0007452's Army of Bogenhafen
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2023, 12:28:23 PM »
^ I've always seen free companies like Dads Army
A mixed group of ancient veterans with nothing to loose and boys with everything to prove

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2023, 10:35:38 AM »
Yeh - I don't disagree. When my Free Company are complete they'll be a mix of that and your general rogues and drunks spilling out of an old tavern. I've just got a lot of grey plastic and metal to paint to get them to the point where they're finished.

A couple of bits from the last week or so:

A 4-base (4-bases in 8th anyway) unit filler for my Town Guard Sworsdmen:

Then, the start of some Necromunda bits for next year. A lot of cutting and gluing going on currently, a desk full of sprues. Here's a kitbashed Deacon for my Redemptionists and the start of some scenery, a few resin oil drums and containers I've had for about 15 years.

More Necromunda scenery ongoing right now, as well as building more of my Redemptionists. To paint; either another Empire Unit Filler or a Character; or a few Hive Scum to get my head in to grim 40k painting.

I need to finish basing the 12 or so Empire minis painted in the last couple of months - Once done I'll likely take a shot of the painted collection so far  :icon_biggrin:
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2023, 11:37:50 PM »
I love that hive scum kit. I made a female Tallarn guardsman...i mean Guards-woman with it

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2023, 07:49:41 AM »
Yup, the Hive Scum kit is class alright - Super flexible and great for nailing down a few Necromunda/40K conversions.
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2023, 10:50:33 PM »
So, for my low standards I've actually been quite busy with miniature related activity recently - Just not strictly Empire tbh.

Looking at a '24 Necromunda campaign with some mates who are either like me - back to the hobby after a sizable absence - or completely new in general. Almost all would be new to Necromunda, but the thematic/journey like side of things, the low model count/entry fee and short game duration - Make it a good starting point.

Thus, the Bogenhafen PLog is gonna take a slight temporary detour.

Meet a few scummers that I painted up... Mainly as I love the kit, I wanted some spare bits and to practice that style of painting.

And... I've built my starting gang for the campaign, plus a couple of extra gangers. A kitbashed Redemptionist gang - The Redemptionist kit, the Cawdor upgrade kits from Forgeworld, plus a few Flagellant, Hive Scum and Free Company bits.

Meet the Scorched Path of the Glorious Inferno (S.P.G.I)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2023, 04:05:41 AM »
Would it be possible to turn those robed guys into Flagellants?
If so i may have to buy some

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2023, 10:42:40 PM »
Hmmm yeh, I definitely reckon you could.

They're a bit of a different aesthetic, they have a more papal or priestly feel to them - They could definitely make an awesome Warrior Priest. They're a bit more ornate than a Flagellant, but if that's the style you want, I'm sure it's doable. They are great miniatures regardless, the 90s ones were cool themselves, but the new box is great.

In terms of practicalities, they come out a touch bigger than the Flagellants, if you're playing 8th on 20mm bases - I reckon it might be a squeeze. Probably OK for TOW.

A few 40K bits to remove, grenades on belts etc. But that's easy enough. The arms/heads would take some trimming, fit together differently to the old Flagellant box.

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2024, 07:13:41 PM »
So, work was incredibly busy throughout November/December - But I did manage to get some work done on my miniatures.

Please find a couple of new characters painted for my Bogenhafen force - All based for 8th currently. A Witch Hunter (I think an old Raging Heroes mini), my Warrior Priest and a Captain/General with Greatsword. Also based and sealed all of the minis painted since summer, going to try and take a shot of everything currently painted for Empire tomorrow.

Back to work on Friday and expecting things to be busy, but hoping to still find some time for painting. Attention will be focused on Necromunda rather than Empire I expect though, looking to kick off a Dominion campaign with friends (Including some entirely new to tabletop games) in April.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2024, 11:18:54 AM »
I love the design of the lady witch hunter.
The pose and firearms suggests she's undecided weather she's a Clint Eastwood-esque gunslinger or Oliver Cromwell-era puritan

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2024, 01:09:40 PM »
Good to see these coming together.  I've been so busy getting non-hobby things in order recently, and my hobbying has really been dragging.  Great to see yours picking up again, congrats! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2024, 06:47:15 PM »
Thanks both.

Definitely motivated to get hobbying in the evenings at the minute, finding it relaxing. Agree wholeheartedly on the female Witch Hunter too, one of the von Konigsmark sisters from Raging Heroes I think (About 8 years ago)... I have 2 other versions still to paint, an Engineer with Long Rifle and a Captain (Equipped a few different ways).

So, I'm changing pace to Necromunda minis and scenery for the next couple of months prior to kicking off a campaign with my mates in April, for some it will be their first ever taster of a tabletop miniature game, for all of us - our first since around 2017.

As such, I tidied my recently painted Empire minis into storage boxes for the loft and took a few quick army shots as things stand.

I was quite surprised at how bring my little painted force now was. There is also 10x additional Handgunners and 5x Knights painted at the same time as my (righ-hand) Engineer, when I was about 14/15, but I don't include them as I don't think they're quite the same standard.

The unit on the left is a bit of a mish-mash currently, used in the past with proxy/unpainted minis as Free Company. The original idea/planned idea is for 3x infantry blocks; Town Guard Swordsmen (Shown), Merchant/Mercanary Swordsmen (A couple in the Free Company as it stands) and a Free Company block, patrons spilling out of a pub/brothel. The two later need more minis/fillers and so on to really get sorted.

When I get back to Empire, I do still have a lot to work through...

- 4 or 5 Assorted Characters (GW and non-GW minis)
- 15 or so more kit-bashed Swordsmen
- 15 or so Free Company (Free Company/Flagellant kit-bash, plus 3rd party minis)
- 15-20 Swordsmen for my merchant/mercenary unit (A real mix of minis from a load of different places, including fillers)
- Another Great Cannon
- A Hellblaster
- 3x Demigryph Knights
- 5x Pistoliers

I won't add any more for now, but I'll see what new toys Empire get in the TOW release.

In the meantime, I'll populate the PLog with some of my Necromunda bits to keep the content flowing and to keep myself held to account  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2024, 07:15:45 AM »
Your Empire force looks great!

Please, do get back to the Empire sooner than later.  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2024, 01:05:44 PM »
That group of Empire figures looks grand! :biggriin: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2024, 10:15:41 PM »
Thanks both, and don't worry I definitely will be back to Empire soon.

I have plenty of plastic, metal and resin waiting!

In the meantime, here's a couple of photos of my Redemptionist test mini I finished last night, hoping to get my full gang painted before February. I have a load of scenery to paint for April, when my mates and I are starting our campaign. My Zealots are all kitbashed with the Flagellant kit.

Offline anvalous

• Members
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2024, 04:57:58 PM »
Necromunda is an absolute blast - fun to see your work.

As with the others, kudos on the tidying up of the empire army.  Looks great and the contrast is striking.  Well done!

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2024, 10:52:19 PM »
Thanks man, it's definitely a change painting grimy machine guns and chainsaws, compared to bright white and purple that is my Bogenhafen scheme.

I've picked up some extra minis from Hasslefree recently, they'll go in to either my Free Company or 2nd Swordsmen block... Once the Necromunda painting dies down in a month or two - I'll be adding some more troops to my Empire.

On that, I think rather than flooding this PLog with Necromunda imagery for the next few months, I'll set up a separate thread in the relevant 40K/Necromunda board of the forum.

From now on - I plan to try and keep this PLog solely for the majesty of the Empire.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2024, 01:08:32 PM »
Great job. I love the kid perched on the barrel.