home

Author Topic: First Tournament Battle  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Gunman006

• Members
First Tournament Battle
« on: March 22, 2015, 11:33:23 AM »
So I had my first tournament battle, to say it mildly I lost big time  :icon_razz:
Played against Vampire Counts, added both our lists below, it was a very fun battle. I got some pictures if some are interested, but I wanted to give a brief description on how the battle went.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Empire 2399P
1/5 Choices

Master Engineer 65p
Captain of the Empire: Warhorse, Lance, Full Plate, Shield 87p
Templar Grand Master: Lance, Full plate, Shield 166p
Warrior Priest: Heavy Armor, Shield 69p
Captain of the Empire: BSB, Pistol, Shield, Full Plate 98p
Wizard Lord: Level 4, Lore of Beasts, Dispell Scroll 225p
Captain of the Empire Imperial Pegasus, iron-hard hooves, swift as the wind, Full plate, Gold Sigil Sword, Dragonhelm 160p
Battle Wizard: Lore of Fire 65p

9x IC Knights FC "War Banner" 290p
50x Swordsmen FC 380p
40x Halberds FC 270p
19x Handgunners: Musician 181p
5x Pistoliers: Musician

Great Cannon 120p
Helblaster Volleygun 120p

Vampire counts

Count mannfred, barded nightmare 554

vampire lord, level 4, hellsteed, shield,, talisman of pres.
h.armour, , the other tricksters shard, ogre blade, red fury, quickblood, beguile,
Lore of undeath 559
1 necro level 1, dispelscroll 90 lore of vampires

terrorgheist 225

core:
50 zombies, standard, mus 160
21 zombies, standard 68
50 zombies standard, mus 160
2x5 dire wolfs 40x2
6 dire wolfs, champion 58
9 dire wolfs, champion 82

11 black knights barding, lances, fullc standard of swiftness 331
2 bats 32

Both Lords in the Black Knight regiments.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I deploy both my Chaff at the left flank while my IC knights at the right flank, my middle consist of the war machines protected by state troops.
He deploys his knights in the middle with his chaff, terrorgheist on the left flank (my left flank) and one zombie horde in the middle the other on the right flank.

I manage to take out his chaff rather easy with handgunners and helblaster, I focus my cannon on his Black knights hoping to take out his Lords but he is protected by his ward save though a few Black Knights hit the dust. His Terrorgheist wreak havoc upon my chaff and before turn 2 both my pistoliers, handgunners and captasus is killed by the terrorgheist which ends with my middle left state troop regiment flanked by the terrorgheist and front charged by his Black Knights with Vampire Lords. My own IC kill some of his chaff before being charged and bogged down by a zombie horde.

While my IC with dozen heroes break his zombie horde in two turns or in comparison to this his Black Knights w/Terrrogheist it is a rather weak feat as he completely destroy all my state troops and warmachines in the same time. By turn 5 my IC was sorrounded by Black Knights, Terrorgheist and zombies. And they were utterly destroyed in that last turn.

He pointed out that my biggest mistake was not aiming the cannons and helblaster on the Terrorgheist, and I have to agree as that beast surprised the sh*t out of me with his ranged attack and powerful melee. Several of you on this forum pointed out that my list was weak as it was too many points in heroes. Though I'm glad I listened to you guys about changing my mortar to helblaster. He sunk about 1100p into his two characters but damn were they cool and powerful :icon_biggrin:  It was a very fun battle though   :biggriin:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:41:34 AM by Gunman006 »
http://wargaming.no/

Government? You call this a government? It looks like something a deranged Snotling would come up with! - Bretonnian Ambassador to the Court of Emperor Karl Franz

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: First Tournament Battle
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 12:43:46 PM »
Tough luck. Yes, TGs should be the primary targets for our war machines. You will always get bogged down with Undead units, because they are Unbreakable, and we do not have the massive CC killing power other races have. (Is that a racist remark?) 
Pictures are nice, but only as illustrations with a full battle report.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gunman006

• Members
Re: First Tournament Battle
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 01:38:49 PM »
Tough luck. Yes, TGs should be the primary targets for our war machines. You will always get bogged down with Undead units, because they are Unbreakable, and we do not have the massive CC killing power other races have. (Is that a racist remark?) 
Pictures are nice, but only as illustrations with a full battle report.

Yeah I forgot to mention that the other 50 zombie horde with a necro didn't even get to see any combat. As for if it's racist you should as the pc hysterics  :icon_razz:

I don't remember enough to make a full battle report, I should have gotten my IC Hero hammer into his Black Knights group, the battle could have gone either way, but if I had been able to score enough points by taking out black knights then maybe would have won. But he had tons of attack with rerolls to hit and wound so I'm not sure. Maybe it was just the list that was bad but I certainly could have used a better approach.
http://wargaming.no/

Government? You call this a government? It looks like something a deranged Snotling would come up with! - Bretonnian Ambassador to the Court of Emperor Karl Franz