home

Author Topic: Warhammer 40K: Imperium ...  (Read 456 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Warhammer 40K: Imperium ...
« on: April 01, 2021, 12:52:37 AM »
Warhammer 40K: Imperium is an 18 issue publication in magazine format.

Further back there was a similar publication called Warhammer 40K: Conquest, and this one was mostly providing Primaris and Death Guard figures, although there was other associated items provided as well.  There were various articles like fluff, modeling, painting, etc.  However, this was only available in the U.K., and not elsewhere.

With Imperium, the format is the same, and it has started to be produced in the U.K., although it is expected that it will be available in the U.S. too.  The website that folks can see the offers has both a format for the U.S., and the U.K.

Just a quick heads up on Imperium ... this is mostly centered on the Indomitus box product, so Primaris and Necrons, although they will also be making available Sisters of Battle from their set, and some Ad Mech figures, too.  Terrain sprues are also going to be made available with some of the issues.  There will again be fluff, modeling, and painting articles in the magazine portion of the subscription.

Cost is $4.95 for the first issue, $11.95 per issue beyond the first, 1 issue per week for 18 weeks, total cost is $208.10.

It really looks like quite the deal, especially if a person hasn't bought the Indomitus starter set, and are interested in Primaris, and Necrons with Sisters and Ad Mech thrown in along the way, plus terrain sprues ... and things like paint and modeling tools.

Here's a link to a video with a bit of explanation ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWaFw7RxD2U 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 11:41:23 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Warhammer 40K: Imperium ...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 04:08:04 AM »
I really liked the look of conquest, and they've just recently started an AoS version to, this seems like a pretty natural 'second season'. I dont really care about either armies but if they start branching out I'd pretty eagerly get on it.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Warhammer 40K: Imperium ...
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 11:50:03 AM »
When a person looks at all the stuff being made available, the price easily justifies a subscription.

However, Idomitus is sitting in my hobby room, untouched except for the core rule book read through.  If I went in on this subscription, I'd be duplicating a good bunch of what I have, plus I don't use Sisters nor Ad Mech.

The price seems very good, and I've seen some of the articles which seem well done, and all the hobby paints and tools seem make it an attractive hobby concept.  I can envision how neat this would be to have and work on the items shipped with the publication as they came in each week as a way to get the project completed, yet have plenty of projects that are keeping me occupied at the moment.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra