home

Author Topic: 2000pt. Army of Nuln  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Oberst Rotbart

2000pt. Army of Nuln
« on: January 17, 2005, 06:45:42 PM »
I am trying to make a 2000 pt. army that could hold its own against a wide range of enemies.  The ones that I will be fighting most often are VC, OK, and DE (most often as cult of slaanesh).  Also, is this list fluffy enough for an army of Nuln? (please don't suggest Master Engineer, because I find them useless in an army this size.  Thank you in advance.

4th Royal Nuln Artillery Train

Characters

-Oberst Heinrich Rotbart (EC)- 190pt.
--full plate, shield, Icon of Magnus, Holy Relic, Sword of Might

-Priest of Verena Reinhard Gottschalk - 117pt.
--great hammer, heavy armor, barded warhorse

-Johannes Hirtzel of the Celestial Order (BW) - 120pt.
--lvl. 2, dispel scroll

core

-11th Nuln Swordsmen Regiment (24) - 243pt.
--full command, griffon standard, EC here

-9 FC detachment - 45pt.

-21st Nuln Halberd Regiment (25) - 175pt.
--full command, shields

-10 FC detachment - 50pt.

-42nd handgunners of Nuln (10)- 80pt.

-Inner Circle of the Templar of Verena (5) - 180pt.
--full command, war banner, priest here

-Nuln Chapter of the Order of the White Wolf (5) - 165pt.
--full command

special

-19th Nuln Artillery Battery - 200pt.
--2 cannons

-12th Nuln Pistolier Corps - 112
--marksman w/ repeater pistol

rare

-5th Nuln Advanced Artillery Battery - 125
--helblaster

-17th Dwarven Levy of Nuln (12) - 198
--heavy armor, shields, crossbows, full command

Total: 2000pt.
"Don't you know this is an Empire forum? And that you can't spell? Honestly." So says Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Elkwyn

2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 08:33:10 PM »
Looks good.  All the things I think you could do to it are not out of effectiveness, but out of fluff.  The crossbow dwarves seem out of place, as do the White Wolves, which would not be in Nuln.  I'd consider slapping a pistol onto your Elector for good measure.  The Warrior Priest I think seems weird, but I really don't know enough about Nuln to say he's unqualified.  With the extra points for the weird things, I'd get a mortar and possibly more handguns/handgun detachments.  But fluff aside, it looks like a really solid list.
"Less power, more force."

Offline Oberst Rotbart

2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 08:42:58 PM »
You are definitely right about the white wolves.  The only reason I put them in there was because I have a few of their models lying around.  I guess I will replace them with greatswords or a small unit or detachment of handgunners.  I will deifinitly give my elector count a pistol (I guess I just overlooked that one  :oops: ).  About the dwarfs, there actually is a considerable dwarf community in Nuln.  Also, the largest temple to Verena in the Empire is in Nuln, as well as the second largest temple to Sigmar.  Thank you for bringing these things to my attention.
"Don't you know this is an Empire forum? And that you can't spell? Honestly." So says Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Elkwyn

2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 08:51:54 PM »
Alright, sorry, didn't know about the Dwarves. :)
Yah, I was thinking about the Greatswords, as they would fit well, but it seems a lot of people don't have/like them, but if you do I think they're great.  After all, they are "Great"swords. ;)
"Less power, more force."

Offline cisse

• let the wookie win!
2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 09:25:54 PM »
Hmm...

First off, I don't think you can give a character a magic weapon and a pistol (he certainly can't use them both). But you can always give him a handgun, which would be even more in character imho. Oh, and a great weapon instead of that sword of power saves a lot of points.

As for the knights-yes, the white wolves seem out of place. But, to be honest, I wouldn't take IC knights either. While there may be a temple to Verena in Nuln, knights still don't like gunpowder too much. There might be some knights of the order helping the army out, but IC knights? I'd try to include at least 10 more handgunners-let's be honest, it's Nuln we're talking about here. :wink:

Oh, and some huntsmen might be helpful too.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 10:26:14 PM »
Maybe add a mortar in for good measure?  That'd give you some major punch, and it is Nuln.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Jester

2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 11:11:53 PM »
Morters are great... though i have mixed fellings about them myself. While i love them, i generally find they kill a lot of stuff a unit w/ detachments would kill anyway...

saying that, they can often (espeicaly if there are two of them and two cannons) panic a unit.

Offline Oberst Rotbart

2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 12:59:57 AM »
Thank you for your feedback.  Here is my new and improved army list.

characters

Elector Count - 188
--full plate, handgun, greatweapon, Icon of Magnus, Holy Relic

Battle Wizard - 120
--lvl2, dispel scroll

Warrior Priest - 117
--great hammer, heavy armor, barded warhorse

core

25 swordsmen - 250
--full command, griffon banner, EC here
10 FC detachment - 50

25 halberdiers - 175
--full command
10 FC detachment - 50

10 handgunners - 80
5 handgunner detachment - 40
5 handgunner detachment - 40

5 knights - 180
--full command, warbanner(screwed up price last time :oops: ), priest here

special

artillery battery - 275
--2 cannons & 1 morter

5 pistoliers - 112
--marksman, repeater pistol

rare

helblaster - 125

12 dwarfs - 198
--heavy armor, shields, xbows, full command

total: 2000

Offline buakjon

2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 02:52:33 AM »
Hope I'm not too late to put in my 1/2 cent worth. The second list looks better, but I would still include some huntsmen in there. They do such an excellent job of marchblocking, and with a Nuln army you need that to get as much shooting in there as possible(trust me I know this from experienance). Also with the Engineer he does have his uses. Check out the article in the War Room under Engineer Tactica. Mine have saved my cannons and mortars bacon more times than I can count now.
It's not the one with your name on it that should bother you. It's the one addressed " To whom it may concern" that should worry you.

Offline Jester

2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 07:53:40 AM »
i concur, second list is better, but i'd like huntsmen as well.

maybe take the command out of your dwarfs or something to scrounge up a bunch of the points

Offline Oberst Rotbart

2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 09:46:14 PM »
Thank you.  I was thinking of adding huntsmen.  Right now, a quick fix could be just changing my EC's hgun into a pistol, and one detachment of hguns into 5 huntsmen.  :?   If that causes too much fluff damage, I might try something else.

Offline cisse

• let the wookie win!
2000pt. Army of Nuln
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 11:59:20 PM »
I'd drop the L2 upgrade on your wizard, as it's not likely you'll get off many spells anyway. Give him another dispell scroll, and you have just gained 10 points. Drop one of the handgunner detachments and you can fit in some huntsmen.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...