home

Author Topic: Army for UK GT (2000pts)  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Karak

Army for UK GT (2000pts)
« on: January 23, 2005, 11:32:08 AM »
Elector Count (141 pts)
> General, Great Weapon
> Armour of Meteoric Iron, Van Horstman's Speculum

Captain mounted on a Pegasus (130 pts)
> Shield, Full Plate Armor
>Sword of Might

Warrior-Priest of Sigmar (155 pts)
> Heavy Armour, Shield, Great Weapon
> Icon of Magnus, Helm of the Skaven Slayer

Battle Wizard of the Celestial Order (110 pts)
> Magic Level 1, Lore of Heaven
> Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll

20 Swordsmen (290 pts)
- Light Armour, Shield, Standard, Musician, Duellist
> Banner of Griffon
>> Detachment - 10 Free Company
>> Detachment -   5 Free Company

20 Swordsmen (240 pts)
- Light Armour, Shield, Standard, Musician, Duellist
>> Detachment - 10 Free Company
>> Detachment -   5 Free Company

10 Crossbowmen (80 pts)
- Crossbow

5 Knightly Orders (115 pts)
- Barding, Lance, Full Plate Armor, Shield

6 Pistoliers (114 pts)
- Brace of Pistols, Light Armour

1 Great Cannon (100 pts)

1 Great Cannon (100 pts)

1 Steam Tank (300 pts)
- Volley Gun

1 Hellblaster (125 pts)

For a total of 1998 points. The army contains 109 models.

(1)The two units of Swordsmen are identical. So, my opponent does not know, in which unit the Griffon Banner is. Because of that both can threat the enemy similarly. He also does not know, which character has the Speculum.

(2)The small Free Company Detachments should redirect charges and entice fanatics to come out.

(3)The Knights and Pistoliers should make flank charges. They could also be sacrifed.

(4)I donĀ“t want to argue about the tank. I like the volley gun and it has served me well. So I would like to keep it with the tank.

Thank you for review!
Inter arma enim silent leges.
In times of war the law becomes silent.

Offline Jester

Army for UK GT (2000pts)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 10:09:44 AM »
looks fine, i would give the VHS to the priest instead tho
w/ extra pts, bump up swordmen to 25
psitolier has a marksman for that BoP right? ;)
give the knightly order a MUsc to help rally
10 xbow? why....

otherwise nice.. .given the 2 volly guns.. .one o fwhich is in a stank ;)

i'd also, given your list make up, consider trying to find points for huntsmen to help march block.

Offline FrancisC05

Army for UK GT (2000pts)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 04:48:54 AM »
if its a gt list i think you should drop the stank or else be prepared for bad army scores. If you drop the stank and the skaven help i would give your swords a boost to 25+ each, add more knights, and a unit of huntsman

Offline Dave Grant

Army for UK GT (2000pts)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 11:12:15 PM »
if its a gt list i think you should drop the stank or else be prepared for bad army scores

No army scores at UK GT's (unless they're illegal)

List looks fine, and definitely not OTT for UK GT

Personally I'd drop the STANK Volley Gun, but you seem to like it. Just don't shoot with it unless its a good shot. Everytime I played against one of these half the hull points went to misfires.

Also no BSB with mostly infantry??? I guess the plan is not to get into a situation where combats will be lost.

Try to find 6 points to upgrade the Captains shield to Enchanted. (10 -2 from normal shield -2 left over). I'd recommend 2 free company (making 2 detachments of 9, not 10. The extra save should be more useful than a couple of peasants.

If they have to come to you you have excellent counter attacking units. (I belivee this is where the STANK excells). I think the problem you'll have (like my Empire do) is against 'true' gun line armies that wil out-shoot you. Meaning the slow plod of infantry across the table.

See you there (I'll have bright orange lizards with green scales)

PS : I assume you have some way of identifying the Griffon Banner unit, and can identify it on your army list, so as to avoid any 'Confusion'.

Offline OrtharRrith

Re: Army for UK GT (2000pts)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 12:11:28 PM »
Quote from: Karak
The two units of Swordsmen are identical. So, my opponent does not know, in which unit the Griffon Banner is. Because of that both can threat the enemy similarly. He also does not know, which character has the Speculum.

Surely you will be required to state before the games, which unit has what. The same with the characters and the speculum. Otherwise aggreived players could, rightly or wrongly claim that you are cheating. I'm not saying you would do that, just that unscrupulous players have in the past.
I know from the Conflict tournements EVERYTHING has to be clear before any games are played.

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
Army for UK GT (2000pts)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 01:34:16 PM »
The only think I don't like is 151 points for a Warrior Priest.  Unless he is there for the magic defense, I would drop him for a Captain.  Better yet, if your army is mostly infantry and shooting, I would max out on magic defense.  

I would even think of turning it into a semi-gunline by dropping a detachment from each parent and replacing them with a unit of handgunners.  

You have over 500 points in easily destroyed artillery and pistoliers.  I think if I were your foe I would start there stripping them away from your army.  Your only choice then would be to go into a semi-static mode with your infantry and shooting.  The skilled use of the steamtank can help over come these weaknesses, I'm just afraid that if it goes down you will lose the game as the rest of your army kinda depends on it to do well.  The Steamtank works best with a lot of fast moving units to support it on the attack.
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline Dave Grant

Army for UK GT (2000pts)
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 08:48:33 PM »
Surely you will be required to state before the games, which unit has what. The same with the characters and the speculum. Otherwise aggreived players could, rightly or wrongly claim that you are cheating. I'm not saying you would do that, just that unscrupulous players have in the past.
I know from the Conflict tournements EVERYTHING has to be clear before any games are played.

What !!!!!!, never in the warhammer rules did you have to declare who and what items you have. 'Bluffing' is part of the game. Why else would you have 'revealing' spells and items.

I wouldn't have thought you'd have to decalre things at a conflict (I may be wrong) but DEFINITELY not at the GT. However as I said, it should be VERY clear on your army list who has what so that AFTER the game it can be checked there were no 'mistakes'.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Army for UK GT (2000pts)
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 09:28:13 PM »
You have to declare who your general is, but after that I don't know of anything.  I could be wrong though.  I've never played in any tournaments.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...