home

Author Topic: Fantasy League next battle prep (battle 2 vs Skaven)  (Read 1477 times)

Offline matt217th

• Members
Fantasy League next battle prep (battle 2 vs Skaven)
« on: July 28, 2013, 12:37:31 AM »
Hi guys, my first battle report (short and sour) is located http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=46859.0

My idea is to get some advice on how to tackle my next league game, of which there is one every two weeks.  So I will only post my list once and then post my opponents as they come.  The league I am running has a variable hidden magic item system.  So all my magic items can be mixed up and changed.

My list
Lords
Battle Wizard Lord (General), Level 4 Lore of Light, Dispel Scroll
Heroes
Captain, BSB, Full Plate Armour, Shield, White Cloak of Ulric
Warrior Priest, Light Armour, Great Weapon, AoMI
Witch Hunter, Brace of Pistols, Ruby Ring of Ruin
Core
40 Halberdiers, Full Command
20 Halberdiers
10 Archers
10 Handgunners, Standard
Special
40 Flagellants, Champion
Rare
Steam Tank
Celestial Hurricanum
Special Item Allowance - 150

My second opponent is a real rat and his list is, the scenario is Blood and Glory
Lords
General - Grey seer, Spells of Ruin, screaming bell
Heroes
Chieftain - BSB, halberd
Plague priest - plague censer, plague furnace
Core
Clanrats x20 - shields, full command
Stormvermin x40 - full command
Skavenslaves x20 - musician
Skavenslaves x20 - musician
Giant rats x5 (1 packmaster)
Special
Plague monks x35 - standard bearer, musician
Rare
Doomwheel
Doomwheel
Warp lightning cannon
TOTAL – 1950
Special Item Allowance – 50

My current thoughts are to cannon the plague furnace with hopes of popping both plague priest and furnace in two turns of shooting with the stank.  I think the 4+ ward save might make the general sniping a bit ineffective (feel very naked without my second cannon).  Plus the warp lightning cannon might make mincemeat of the stank turn 1 or 2.

For the doomwheels I am confident of hurting one badly with magic and getting the other one in combat. 

I can see the flagellants seriously hurting one of his big units (storm vermin or plague monks) but they might get chaffed out of the game.  Each new round of combat is so painful with these guys lol.

With the right magic buff i'm not over concerned about my Halberdiers getting into combat with anything.  Although I think putting them into bus formation might be a smart move if combat with the storm vermin is likely.

I do not have the greatest of experience against Skaven, so any and all advice would be welcome chaps.
I am Catholic. Purgatory is the best I can hope for, in this and the next life.

Offline Ahmad Jihad Hamada

• Members
Re: Fantasy League next battle prep (battle 2 vs Skaven)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 05:44:37 AM »
Hey Matt
Interesting list. Especially loving the flags, you dont see that very often...
As I see it, theres loads of juicy nasty targets in his. I would def throw in a cannon, and
drop the hg's, they're simply useless against massed rats - or at least switch them to xbows, as skaven armour is ajoke.
/AJH