home

Author Topic: WWYD2  (Read 1571 times)

Offline carmaul

• Members
WWYD2
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:52:37 PM »
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=48989.msg899551#msg899551

WWYD1 had some Daemonettes and Bloodcrushers go head to head with Greatswords and swordmen detachment.
As you can see, our Greatswords are not looking too well.

Now it is the Empire's turn.

To recap:  we have 25 Greatswords (FC), BSB, and WP against 20 Daemonettes of Slaaneesh (FC) with Herald.  The Herald and WP are in a challenge and the Herald has lost a wound. Our swordsmen countercharged the Daemonettes, and their Bloodcrushers overran into the flank of the Greatswords.

We used up our hatred but they still have ASF.  The Bloodcrushers used up their +1S on the charge as well.

First,  in the first thread, there was a suggestion to charge the archers into the Herald for the +1 combat resolution.  Or would you rather shift the archers away from pursuit paths, like this:

Secondly,  our Level 4 Heavens Wizard  and Warrior Priest will have a magic phase before the next close combat.  Daemons have a L2 (not on screen) and a L1 Herald of Slaanesh.
Spells: Iceshard Blizzard, Harmonic Convergence, Curse of the Midnight Wind, Urannon’s Thunderbolt

Winds of Magic: (6,2). Empire channels.
9PD vs 6DD.  What spell should we try to cast first and why?

Our equipment:
WL L4 Heavens, Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Endurance (5++)
BSB, FPA&S, Dragonhelm, OTS, Dawnstone (2+reroll/parry/2++vsFire)
WP, AoMI, GW (1+/6++)

Theirs:
Herald, Sword of Striking
Herald/DoS have ASF, AP and MR(1)

Edit: Added 1 more Greatsword.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:30:56 PM by carmaul »

Offline Forumite

• Members
Re: WWYD2
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 10:58:37 AM »
I donīt think +1 from a charge is worth it to bring in the wizard. Heīs better off staying back and casting magic next turn instead, but still staying 12'' from the Bloodcrushers in case we want to bubble any spells.

If we donīt bring in the wizard, the Swordsmen should reform south during the end of the last turn to maximize their attacks.

For magic these four seem usefull in this battle: Iceshard Blizzard, Curse of the Midnight Wind, Harmonic Convergence and Shield of Faith. In total -1 to hit, reroll 6s to hit and to wound on the demonettes, greatswords with 5+ ward, rerolls 1s to hit, to wound (and S6 only fails to wound on a 1) and armour saves. I would not boost any of them, we will probably only get attacks and Stomp from one Bloodcrusher and the spells are much tougher to cast. With unboosted versions we can cast all spells with 95% chance on all of them. On order, the most important is Shield of Faith and the least important is Harmonic Convergence. They will probably save dice for Shield of Faith, to pressure their remaining dice Iīd cast Midnight Wind second to last. I donīt want them to have 2 easy 3DD dispels at the end.

2PD Iceshard Blizzard
2PD Harmonic Convergence
3PD Curse of the Midnight Wind
2PD Shield of Faith

Offline Vietnow

• Members
Re: WWYD2
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 08:38:41 PM »
I agree charging the archers isn't worth it.

-1 to his isn't fantastic against the DoS rerolls.

Shielf of faith and harmonic converg are likely your best spells available.  The WP flaming ability is also worth attempting to get off, as you may kill the herald with it if she's already taken a wound.  Thus removing ASF.  Worth at least 1 pd imo.

Only 2 crushers are in contact, and no hits should be allocated against them.  If 5+ gs's die this round, only 1 crusher will be in contact.

The trick will be getting as many off as possible, I would likely throw 2 per spell and force them to use DD.  You'll still likely get 2-3 off.  5+ward on GS and soulfire are the most important.  I'd lead with the lesser spells to bait dice.