home

Author Topic: 2000 Point all round list?  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Olrad

• Members
2000 Point all round list?
« on: March 11, 2015, 04:04:06 AM »
So fellows, I'm trying to figure out a good all round list for 2000 pt games. The reason being that I've been counter building literally every game up to this point and I think it's been getting to the point where some of the players don't like playing me.

So as it stands the units I have in my collection are.

1 pegasus captain/general - always my general for fluff reasons unless the game is too small
40 greatswords - always in my army for fluff reasons. Plus they're my favorite. I even have a tattoo of a zweihander on my forearm signifying my love for these bearded badasses.
60 halberds
3 demigryph knights
3 foot wizards
1 mounted wizard
15 knights
2 warrior priests
1 witch hunter
1 BSB captain
1 mounted general/captain/grand master
1 great cannon
1 mortar
1 volley gun
1 celestial hurricanum
30 hand gunners

With these options I'm trying to put together a list that's competitive but still fun to play against. I'm just hoping to hear some thoughts and input.

The group has the following armies if it's of any consequence.

one guy has wood elves and ogres
one guy has warriors of chaos and dwarves
one guy has dark elves
one guy has lizardmen and dwarves
lastly a guy just got into the game with skaven but he just has the units from island of blood
There may be a couple of high elf players coming too

Thanks fellows.

Offline TastyBagel

• Members
Re: 2000 Point all round list?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 02:54:24 AM »
So fellows, I'm trying to figure out a good all round list for 2000 pt games. The reason being that I've been counter building literally every game up to this point and I think it's been getting to the point where some of the players don't like playing me.

Yeah, unless everyone is tailoring lists... "all-comers" is the way to go in my book.

You've got a nice collection! Plenty of options... Do want want to field all 40 Greatswords? They really eat into the Special costs, and their number will impact the rest of your list.

...And I understand. I have a Greatsword Horde myself. Great models, wonderful fluff... great fun.