home

Author Topic: The Province of WISSENLAND  (Read 94375 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: The Province of WISSENLAND
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2011, 01:48:58 PM »
I think it mentions those villages for Pfeifraucher in Sigmar's Heirs, they just may be in the Reikland section.  I know there's some form of weirdness there.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2011, 03:10:45 PM »
Good point.  Grissenwald is listed with Reikland in Sigmar's Heirs, and with Count Bruno Pfeifraucher in charge.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Baron

• Members
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2011, 09:02:41 PM »
The list mad alfred have done over the city's seems to place the Baroness Toppenheimer as the biggest ruler of towns, after Emmanuelle of course. Well guess I only have to pick a town and decide on some fun fluff for it to give future characters some story. Hard part is picking the mad alfred list is real fun reading though spent a big deal of my evening looking at it and the on the map and so back and forth. That and reading post on the forum with wissenland in them.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:46 PM »
Righty ho...

When it was Sudenland the rulers were the Von Mecklenbergs, the last elector of Sudenland, Baron Johan von Mecklenberg abdicated his rights to his cousin after spending years hunting down a chaos warband that sacked his family estates (q.v. Ignorant Armies)

IIRC the new Elector of Wissenaland, was weak and easily manipulated and eventually was killed for being a chaos worshipper (but he might have been set up by Liebewitz so she could have Wissenland) and the electoral vote passed to the Leibewitz's when Sudenland was absorbed into Wissenland again.
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2011, 01:25:09 AM »
Some might enjoy reading the Solland thread here on this site.  Its relatively long due to the long fluff writing campaign done in 2009 entitled, "The Solland Effort of 2524".  And there are a decent number of hobbiest frequenting this site involved with the newest story line being explored on the "Wedding in Wissenland" thread, too.  This latter item I believe has been set in 2526.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Baron

• Members
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2011, 07:15:34 PM »
I was reading my empire armybook and found this text about solland and sudenland on page 18.

"The river Solis the southernmost of the Empire´s rivers, cutting through what was once the the province of Solland. now part of Wissenland since Gorband Ironclaw´s invasion, there are some people of the Empire, mostly nobels from families thar once lived Solland, that refer to this region as Sudenland and refuse to acknowledge the rights of the Wissenland count."

Is this GW way of trying to smooth over the fact that they changed the name from Sudenland to Solland? To me it seems kind of strange that they would start calling the region by a new name if they are so in to tradition that they refuse to acknowledge the of the Wissenland count.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2011, 11:29:03 AM »
I've always seen it as a small way to try and reconcile the issue.

not together.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
Ive always seen it as rubbish GW fluff writers not checking pre-existing info...
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2011, 01:23:25 PM »
Before that, yes.  But if it was just down to shoddy writing they would've come up with a completely different name as opposed to bringing back stuff that hasn't been relevant for years.

not together.

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »
Hello Everyone!
Been on the forum for a little while so I figured I should post in my provincial thread.

I started Empire about 7 months ago(had some models from a few years back during my first attempt). I have decided on Wissenland. Not sure which town I'm going to choose for my Baron Karl von Balombine, General(Marshal) of the Empire.
The picture of my avatar is one of my Greatswords I finished. In Wissenland grey and white colors of course(I'll replace it with my general when I've glued his head on).
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Le Pistolet

• Members
  • Sonnefurt's Scribe
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »
Fantastic choice well done, and it's nice to see a true Wissenlander in these parts, not one of them no good Solland sympathisers!

:::cheers:::
The Barony of Sonnefurt - My Army Background

Sonnefurt in Flames- An Epic Tale of Sonnefurt

Le Pistolet's Monotonous Wissenland Log- My Minis

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2012, 08:11:38 AM »
Why thank you for the welcome.
I glanced at/bookmarked your webpage and I must say Bravo!  :eusa_clap:

I am toying with the idea for my barronages fluff containing a decendants from some solland refugees that were happily welcommed into the community and have intergrated with no angst whatsoever with the wissenland people. Because obviously they have graciously appreciated the help they recieved and are proud to call themselves Wissenlanders! Some families may carry on coats of arms and colors from the solland days but the is simply out of respect for their families heritage.
Afterall, anyone who speaks against Wissenland, the Countess, or the Emperror, deserves to die a traitors death. Hmmm?    :icon_smile:

And I'll throw in some fluff about a nearby troup of dwarf miners that worship a forrest lady with the last name White, first name Snow.

....or maybe a distant cousin of Joesph Bugman set up a tavern in town and brought a blacksmith buddy to make armour for my greatswords.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline WoT

• Members
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2013, 02:53:59 AM »
So, I'm reading the Sigmar Trilogy, I've discussed it on the bolthole forums but was wondering what you thought. I was told the map at the front of the book was wrong, and in fact the Wissenland province is actually descended from the Merogens, not the Menogoths, the Menogoths were in fact the descendants of the Sollanders, do you agree with this? It kind of makes more sense now that I've started the third book due to the order of things.

I've also decided to adopt Oshausen as my "little" town, that's if no one else here has :) I've decided it holds a small Garrison of Knights of the Gold Lion as it was Oshausen they stayed at for a rest when they were returning from the crusade and since then a small keep of Gold Lion troops is maintained here, not just out of honour but also due to the dangers of the mountains.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:58:13 AM by WoT »

Offline Khalim

• Members
« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2013, 05:53:49 AM »
According to the Lexicanum website Solland's Borders were: The river Sol as its north west, The upper Reik as its north east and the black mountain's forming its southern border. The capital being Pfeildorf....