home

Author Topic: The Province of MIDDENLAND  (Read 18210 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
The Province of MIDDENLAND
« on: May 05, 2007, 03:34:18 PM »
With both the province and the City State of Middenheim under the rule of Boris, Middenland sees itself as the major power in the north, and is the home of the Cult of Ulric. 

Library Link:  http://warhammer-empire.com/library/aisforaltdorf/the-grand-duchy-of-middenland/

Current Ruler:  Elector Count Boris Todbringer

Province Colours: Blue
Capital: Middenheim
Main Trade: Exports of Wine, Iron, Wool and Woollen Goods, and Silver.

Map Links:      (Colour)  http://www.fys.ku.dk/~blicher/Middenland_v2.jpg

(Black & White)  http://www.fys.ku.dk/~blicher/Middenland_v2_bw.jpg

Notable Units:
Knights of the White Wolf are based in Middenheim
Knights Panther have a base in Middenheim
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:00:51 AM by rufus sparkfire »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
Re: The Province of MIDDENLAND
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 08:50:42 PM »
I have a (roughly) 2k Middenland list that is slowly but surely coming along. Anyone else?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Brynjolf Irontooth

• Members
  • Bourgomeister of Bunddorf (Hochland)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 12:21:52 PM »
I already play Empire for 6 years now.

First 2,5 years I played regular Empire based on the City of Carroburg. I especially chose White Wolfs to add some more character to the army (religious-wise). Not mentioning the fact that they were also better according to me, then the regular knights (WW could hold their ground in second turns of combat and could receive a charge themselves).

Then CoU was released. I immediatly switched to this list for fluffreasons. My first were Dwarfs, so I never really liked all the shooting anyway. I also stayed with CoU once the Army of Middenland list was released as I thought and still think, AoM was a bad mix of a regular Empire list and a CoU list.

I haven't played Empire for over 2 years now (my Dwarfs and Beastmen and offcourse 40k armies taking over), but I'm planning to restart Empire before the end of this year.

Currently I have:
- 2500p Empire (according to 6th edition rules)
- 3000p CoU
Though about 2000p of these two lists are used in both (so I don't have 5500p, but 2000+1000+500).

But that won't stop me from buying the lovely new Empire models. Not only because I like them that much, but also because I will need regualr knights (who would thought this would happen, I mean I have 32 WW  knights who I will probably never use again!!), Outriders and (more) Flagellants anyway.

I already have written a new 2000p list (7th edition) (which always has to be your first thing to do when (re)starting a new army - keeps you from buying stuff you won't use).

The list is very priestheavy. Theoretical Priests of Sigmar, but offcourse my priests will be Ulric-devoted.

Friendly regards
BI
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 03:58:35 PM by Brynjolf Irontooth »

Offline EdwardJGK

• Members
  • Uli von Qu'araki, Grand Master and Lord of Breem
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 09:36:36 AM »
My forces march from Middenland, though from the south of the province, so are not very Middenland-ish. Bit southern really, with the capital of their patch on the banks of the Talabec, a mere 40 miles from Altdorf itself.
Edward J. G. Keene
Nottingham, England (termtime)
Oxfordshire, England (vacs)
City of Courg, Middenland (alternative)

Offline tescrex

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:31:39 PM »
I just finished building my Middenland army. I really like the feel of the pseudo-barbaric warriors. It's my substitute for the lack of a viable Kislev list.

Offline Haus Krannest

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:43:20 AM »
Haus Krannest is a take off the Germanic Genisis of my last name and is the Empire Rules version of my Army. If I had a choice, I'd still be playing the CoU born out of my Mordheim Middenheim Band. I've 16 KoWW and two full units of Wolf-kin which at this moment are taking a nap.

I can safely field about 2500 of each if not more.

Cheers,
Mike C.
Cheers,
Mike C.

Haus Krannest
Gorak Bryngor
The Red Dwarf
The Fetid Herd

Offline sigmareite

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 06:50:04 PM »
I read the city of wolves or some such, with white wolves quite a while, 8 years maybe.  I liked the idea of the white wolves and the rest is history.
Come Comrades, skip skip skip

Offline KiTe

• Members
  • A(II)Rh+
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 08:31:28 PM »
Can you share the pdf list of AoM, please?  :blush:
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.
But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
© Sir Winston Churchill after the victory at the Second Battle of El Alamein.

Offline samgrim

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 08:01:55 AM »
Just curious, what is AoM? Also a link to said army list would be appreciated. P.S I'm also going for a Middenland-Witch hunter theme in my army, so any additional info would be great!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 11:02:06 AM »
AoM was the Army of Middenland list released as part of the Storm of Chaos campaign.

CoU is the Cult of ULric list which was in a White Dwarf around November time, before the summer of the Storm of Chaos. I think it also appeared in the 2004 Annual / Chronicles.

Neither were very strong / unbalanced. The AoM faded away as GW banned Storm of Chaos lists from their tourneys - some of the others were a bit unbalanced.

Unfortunately the CoU list got included even though it had been a stand alone list.
It was a "No Black Powder" list so it was challenging.

The AoM was, a bit of a mix of the normal Empire list and the CoU list. 

I have the original AoM pdf - so it's on its way Kite ..............
I've also got the CoU as well in a pdf.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 11:06:03 AM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 12:21:16 PM »
Sorry for bumping this old topic but I was wondering something. :blush: All the provinces in the Empire tends to be based on real world historical nations in addition to being german. So I was wondering what Middenland and Middenheim is supposed to be based on historically?