home

Author Topic: Tilea, Estalia, & the Border Princes  (Read 34157 times)

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
Re: Tilea, Estalia, & the Border Princes
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 12:02:58 AM »
Try and get your hands on a 5th Ed. Dogs of War Armybook. Chock full of fluff. Really is an excellent book.

Though (and forgive me gods of the W-E boards), www.dogsofwaronline.com/ is full of helpful fellows that could help you. (Many of them regulars on this board too).
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline MiB

• Members
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 10:03:54 AM »
Cant help pimping, sorry  :happy:

Offline Holland

• Members
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 10:19:37 PM »
ok, all take no replies from an admin to mean that it is ok to post Mad Alfreds stuff up here for reference and community discussion (or they don't care >.>)

I have allot of stuff going on at school but I hope to wright up a collective brake-down of the southern nations and their culture. If any one wants to jump in at any time and include a wright up of their own border princes kingdom and or their interpretation of one of the established tilea and or Estilain kingdoms please do so.

:::cheers:::
I apologies in advances for all the thing I am about to say O_O

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 08:19:11 AM »
Sorry Holland - didn't see this until now.
When I set these province threads up, I contacted various people about info and maps and got permissions to use stuff.

If you look in the first posts of several of the threads you will see various links.
I think Mad Alfred's stuff is fine.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Holland

• Members
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 01:09:26 AM »
.... so dose that mean I can post Alfred stuff of not?  :?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 01:14:31 PM by Holland »
I apologies in advances for all the thing I am about to say O_O

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 10:32:33 AM »
Yes - I thought my post indicated that.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Fog Of Waagh

• Members
  • Be better then a man, join the waagh effort!
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
Estalia, for the most part, is a Mirror image of Spain after the reconquista. Lots of Local and forgen hands trying to play parts in the Kingdoms of Spain.

So, in classic Warhammer Tradition, I would just recommend taking the provinces of the time and altering them slightly.

Example, I always play my guys off the idea of Merc' Soldiers from the Northern province of Cantabaria(Almost Mirror of the real province). In my story they are an Independent province who fight and squabble with their neighbors, doing trade with the Bretonnian's of the North as well as distant trade with the Arabs and Empire. Commonly, when a Tilean Lord has the money to throw around, the Estalians will sell themselves out.
In real history They held their independence through the middle ages, fighting both fellow Christians and Muslim invasion. It was until they joined King Alfonso II that joined a "kingdom" Even then they were a "Dutchy"

Spanish History is very interesting to me, at times it reminds me of the waring states period of China. Alot of self-proclaimed kinds of Iberia all fighting over control.
Scream WAAAGH and let slip the Boars of war!

Offline BigJ

• Members
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »
I'm starting a new army and was considering the idea of an army composed of allied units (possibly including mercenaries) from regions/principalities found south of the Empire as we know it (i.e. the regions in this topic).   Ok - let's be honest about the similarity of geography... rather than another teutonic Austro/German/Prussian force I was looking at the more Latin states for inspiration.   

I was also going to base my colour schemes on notable Football team colours from these countries (Inter Milan, Barcelona etc.) which if you look into them are usually based upon historic regional/city/principality heraldry.

Any constructive thoughts?

Offline Castozor

• Members
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 04:41:35 PM »
I'm not to familiar with fluff regarding these regions but I do know they like to use pikes (probably spears in an Empire army) and crossbows. You could also base your army on one of the cities from those lands, each with it's own background.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 09:53:54 AM »
Somewhere on the interwebs I have seen a map of Estalia done in the shape of a Mozaic (though it occurs to me it might be tilea!)

Does anyone have a copy or a link to it please
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »
That's Tilea. It's in the planning forum for T&G somewhere.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 09:50:29 PM »
dagnabit

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 10:27:28 PM »
I knew I wasnt mad!

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline damo_b

• Members
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2010, 10:34:52 PM »
nice mozaic. not sure about the not mad bit :icon_biggrin:

Offline Eltrummor

• Members
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
Oh man, would this be cool! Imagine creating an ancient germanic who takes up arms against Reman supremacy!
The Empire does not take you seriously until you've sacked Nuln

Offline BobtheConquistador

• Members
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2014, 06:12:47 AM »
My army is based in Estalia but is more like a mercenary wing of a Noble's Joint stock company(much like the military of the East India Company). They are heavily inspired by the Spanish Tercios of the early 17th century and are very much organized like them. Although they are a mercenary company, they often come to the aid of Empire and Estalian armies during times of Chaos, Skaven and undead incursions. They are also tasked with guard trade caravans that pass through Kislev in order to protect their company's investments as the area is extremely hazardous.

In recent times, their numbers have dwindled due to the incursion of Nagash and the Skaven which resulted in the destruction of Estalia and Tilea.   

The Tercio of the San Pedro Company

Consists of 10 companies of 300+ men

Here is a sample organization of a single company

Captain Fernandes: The commander of the entire company
Sargeant Major Alberto: The adviser to the Captain as well as the one responsible for overseeing the discipline and training of the men
Chaplain Alvaro: The warrior priest who functions in ways similar to a Sigmar warrior priest though he may call upon different gods for their blessings. Also oversees the moral standings of the men as well.

150 pikemen
50 Rodeleros(swordsmen)
50 Handgunners(Musketeers)
50 cuirassiers
At least 4-5 Musicians