The Empire at War ... The Gamers Guild > Skirmish & Warband

Rumors, and what's Up with Beastgrave, too!

(1/5) > >>

GamesPoet:
Was on the Gamesworkshop site last week and saw Beastgrave being prominently advertised.

Looks like a skirmish game of some kind :icon_question:

And is it Beastmen vs. Beastmen :icon_question:

Gankom:
It's the next 'season" of warhammer Underworlds. So the first was Shadespire, then Nightvault, now Beastgrave. All the same base rules, but with some added stuff. Like an expansion. If Warcry is more like Necromunda, your building your tribe and fighting for power, then Underworlds is more like gladiator meets blood bowl. You have your team that's relatively unchanging, and you beat the snot out of each other.

It's Beastmen vs nature spirit infused elves. Those Kurnoth guys are more of a mix of elves and sylvaneth nature spirits. The wild, hunting ones in particular.

Realjuan:
Has there been an "update" to gorechosen?

GamesPoet:

--- Quote from: Gankom on September 28, 2019, 11:49:24 PM ---It's the next 'season" of warhammer Underworlds. So the first was Shadespire, then Nightvault, now Beastgrave. All the same base rules, but with some added stuff. Like an expansion. If Warcry is more like Necromunda, your building your tribe and fighting for power, then Underworlds is more like gladiator meets blood bowl. You have your team that's relatively unchanging, and you beat the snot out of each other.
--- End quote ---
Ah, good to learn! I'm not familiar with Nightvault and Shadespire, yet with these being like small combat oriented games similar to gladiatorial contests, it isn't increasing my interest.  Like the miniatures I've seen for Beastgrave though!

--- Quote ---It's Beastmen vs nature spirit infused elves. Those Kurnoth guys are more of a mix of elves and sylvaneth nature spirits. The wild, hunting ones in particular.
--- End quote ---
So Beastmen vs. "Wood Elfs". :icon_cool:

GamesPoet:

--- Quote from: Realjuan on September 30, 2019, 12:22:07 PM ---Has there been an "update" to gorechosen?
--- End quote ---
Is this another name for one of these gladiatorial contest like games?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version