home

Author Topic: Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corp ...  (Read 995 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corp ...
« on: March 12, 2021, 07:41:45 PM »
"Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corp" is a relatively recently released board game that seems to have a similar feel to it as Space Hulk.

It has 7 green figures for the humans, 16 black figures for the aliens, and seem to be in 28mm.  Also, the boards have two sides, ship rooms and hallways  on one side, and the other side are an alien environment.

Here are two videos ... the first one provided because it is what I saw intially, and her voice, and enthusiasm, and ...

(GP ... now. now ... time to move along.)

... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otw9kuK6hwU

And the second has a bit more detail on what is happening with this game ...

... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im-ANDx7oH4
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
Re: Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corp ...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 07:53:00 AM »
It looks awesome, and I'd love to get into it, but I really can't justofy getting into ANOTHER minis game...

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 07:39:35 PM »
Man I can't stand that channel.

I do think thats a cool looking game though. I believe there was an earlier version of something like this from that Leading Edge company back in the day. I have given thought to gong back and getting all their minis I used to have back in the day but are glad I didn't. If I felt the urge to do something Aliens tho, it would prob be this game. Nice, compact, everything fits in the box. Perfect.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 07:34:12 AM »
The old metal minis from Leading Edge are very expensive today. Very cool, though.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 03:39:36 PM »
Its funny, as kids we tried to develop our own Aliens RPG. We noted the difference between the alien in Alien 1 and 2, and felt that it would be cool if the DNA of the host could effect the Alien, so we started mixing up various alien-animal combos. Like aquatic Aliens, etc.

I think our reasoning was justified as I think the later movies did some of that too, but I can't remember.

It was pretty fun but we didn't go very far with it. We started developing various weapons that would be used to fight them and one suggestion was some kind of mace for hand-to-hand that contained some kind of base in the spikes to neutralize the acid blood lol.

We gave some thought on what would happen if they got loose on Earth and concluded Earth would be fucked.