home

Author Topic: 2000 pts Army List  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Albrecht von Hinkel

• Members
2000 pts Army List
« on: July 21, 2003, 11:40:44 AM »
Here is the new army list I've been fiddling with, just have to paint around 20 men and then I'm all set..

Lords:

Elector Count, great weapon, armour of meteoric iron, holy relic, van horstmanns speculum

TOtal: 186

Heroes:

BSB with Banner of Sigismund and full plate armour

Total: 143

Lv 1 Wizard with 2 dispel scrolls

Total: 110

Lv 1 Wizard with seal of destruction

Total: 110

Core units

35 spearmen with full command and Griffon Banner

Total: 320

34 swordsmen with full command

TOtal: 263

28 halberdiers with full command

Total: 193

2 detachments of 10 free companies in each

Total: 100

They will be detaches for spearmen and greatswords

10 crossbowmen

Total: 80

Detachment for swordsmen

Special:

20 greatswords with full command and warbanner

TOtal: 295

2 great cannons

Total: 200

Total for whole army: 2000

Models in army: 156

Combat311

2000 pts Army List
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 02:37:56 PM »
I have a few problems with your list!

1. "BSB with Banner of Sigismund and full plate armour"  BSB is very easy to kill!!  He will die the first rounds of combat.

2.  You have only two Detachments for 4 units.  Human are not that great in hand to hand so you need the Detachment rule for all your units.

3. "10 crossbowmen"  Why crossbowmen?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
2000 pts Army List
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 11:18:09 AM »
This is a very nice army.

I have to agree about the detatchments though - you really need them when you have so much state infantry. perhaps you could get rid of the halbardiers and use the points to get more detatchments and maybe some huntsmen.

Likewise, the BSB is certainly a risk - his ability to make the unit stubborn is great....provided he actually survives the first round.

I would also question the need for the seal of destruction. It's really only good against heavy magic opponents, like the VC. The rod of power would be more generally useful.

Your elector can certainly kick arse with the best of them though! VC players will not be pleased when their gerneral ends up figting him.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
2000 pts Army List
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 03:48:38 PM »
The  crossbowmen are there too shoot those small skirmishing units.

My BSB has the last 2 tournaments died once.

And I don't have too much detachments so I don't have to sit painting all day. My goal for this list was to get over 150. Now I'll be able to swarm most armies.ยจ

Seal of Destruction just gotta have it if I meet someone magic heavy... (and I like it)

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
2000 pts Army List
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 04:55:15 PM »
I think you would "swarm" them with more detachments.  They way I see it is drop 5-8 figures from some of your big units and make them into detachments.  Twenty Five should be good enough for most units.  

Hey, it is your army play it as you will, but you asked for advice and my advice is if you want to swarm another army, you need more detachments.  Those big units are cool.  I like your troop variety and applaud you for using Halberdiers.  

I think the Seal of Destruction is underutilized.  I like it to whack someones BIG spell, leaving them with crap.  

Think about it.  A level 4 necromancer can toss a lot of dice at a Nehek, or Vanhels.  The Seal can eliminate one of these two key spells, making his magic phase less effective.
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

• Members
2000 pts Army List
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 08:32:22 PM »
I played against VC today. I used the Seal of Destruction, haha, no more skeleton raising. And my Elector count tooled up like in this list whacked his blood dragon count.

• Members
2000 pts Army List
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 08:36:55 PM »
Massacre by the way (in favour of me)

• Members
2000 pts Army List
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 08:38:43 PM »
Quote from: Atchman
I think you would "swarm" them with more detachments.  They way I see it is drop 5-8 figures from some of your big units and make them into detachments.  Twenty Five should be good enough for most units.  

I have found that large unit like that have a larger psychological effect on those I play against, so they'll try to avoid them.

Offline squig87

• Members
  • The Dude
2000 pts Army List
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2003, 09:21:21 PM »
I think you're right in a way, a 35 strong unit would not be a  nice sight for your enemy yet I doubt they would perfom much better then a 25 man unit. But if it works im not going to knock it.

I use halberds and spearmen too, so I'm glad to see an empire player who isnt too worried about the quality of their troops (you dont pick empire for their statlines ). Keep it real-use halberdiers. :)
Citizen Erased

• Members
2000 pts Army List
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2003, 08:37:31 AM »
Big units like that almost never have to worry about a panic test because of being shot. 30 dark elf repeater xbows didn't do the trick when firing at them for 3 turns.