home

Author Topic: free for all elector count  (Read 5235 times)

Offline C

• Members
  • Dicedogs.com
Re: free for all elector count
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 08:48:05 PM »
With a name like C ... do you think i enjoy typing ?
The hammer of Ulric shal fall upon the enemies of the empire.

Online Dazgrim

• Members
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 10:22:52 PM »
VHS isn't going to be worth it on an AL, In fact I wouldn't bother with an AL in a game like that. His prayers will be dispelled and then he's just a worse general. Go with the Genasus (?) and take pistol, shield, holy relic, guilded armour and the sword of might. Or a Wizard lord with VHS, Shield of the Gorgon, hammer of judgement and crimson amulet. If its a hero battle you can fight without your opponent being able to attack back :biggriin:
Don't hug me I'm British, we only show affection to dogs and horses.

Grenzstadt stands.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 10:39:29 PM »
Wizards cannot take magic shields as they can't take mundane...

I still think my AL combo has merit. Who will be dispelling your prayers? Most likely only the guy you are fighting would bother, others would be worrying about bound spells from all over - and besides, you do have 2. An AL can carry better armour than a Wizard, and VHS ensures that you CANNOT be killed in one round (unless there is some mace of helstrums / swords of fate)

Seriously though, if it is a conversion competition.... Can you use multiple bits from the General box. The idea about a mini griffon is fantastic - if you are allowed to use mutliple bits make 4 minigriffons carrying the General so he is kind hovering above the ground... That way you can justify having a 'griffon' choice with 4 attacks, and have a kickass conversion (one that I seriously reckon should win for originality) and gamewise you have a griffon. Thats a whole extra 4 attacks at S5...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 11:46:29 PM »
I used the Lector with VHS, Shroud of Magnus, and SoM (I believe) on a Barded Warhorse with a Shield and HA.  He took on a tooled up HE Dragon and only took 2 wounds from the dragon, and ended up autobreaking because he lost to a terror causer, but it is a testiment to how survivable that combination is.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline 2841981

• Members
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 03:12:11 PM »
argh these desicions are getting difficult now

i was told that everyone gets their own turn so if there are 5 people for example
named, 1,2,3,4,5

and they take turns in that order player 1 casts a spell on player 2 who uses all his dispel dice leaving him with none so when its player 3's turn he can cast a spell on player 2 without him being able to dispel it

i do like the sounds of that griffon idea but i dont know how i could pull of that conversion

but at the moment this

Make him an ArchLector on Barded Warhorse, Heavy Armour, Sheild, VHS and Mace of Helstrum

is my favourate one (ive finished making the arch lector and just sprayed him)

i feel it has the best potential as long as i can get those prayers off

i do have two general box sets though so i might try out a hatchling griffon conversion(either having them flying the General or having them on leads  :dry:)

cheers

nath
Charge warriors of the Empire and die like the heroes you are!

Offline Keith Ambrose

• Members
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 05:40:26 PM »
wizard w/ the VHS will P'own
Keith

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 11:59:06 PM »
But he doesn't have the hatred reroll advantage that the AL does...

It is especially important when using only one attack with the mace...

Online Dazgrim

• Members
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2007, 12:09:14 AM »
and they take turns in that order player 1 casts a spell on player 2 who uses all his dispel dice leaving him with none so when its player 3's turn he can cast a spell on player 2 without him being able to dispel it
If this is the case then I suggest Go with the Genasus (?) and take pistol, shield, shroud of magnus, guilded armour and a halberd
Don't hug me I'm British, we only show affection to dogs and horses.

Grenzstadt stands.

Offline BK

• Members
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2007, 01:08:58 PM »
wizard w/ the VHS will P'own

He has no armor and will be killed by oponents mount...