home

Author Topic: The Province of STIRLAND  (Read 117798 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
The Province of STIRLAND
« on: May 05, 2007, 03:30:56 PM »
Stirland is to the east of the Empire and includes the area known as Sylvania.

Library Link:  http://warhammer-empire.com/library/aisforaltdorf/the-grand-county-of-stirland/

Current Ruler:  Graf Alberich Haupt-Anderssen
Capital: Wurtbad
Province Colours:  Green & Yellow

Map Link: (Colour)     http://www.fys.ku.dk/~blicher/Stirland_v2.jpg
   (Black & White)     http://www.fys.ku.dk/~blicher/Stirland_v2_bw.jpg

(Sylvania Colour)           http://www.fys.ku.dk/~blicher/Sylvania_v2.jpg
(Sylvania Black & White)   http://www.fys.ku.dk/~blicher/Sylvania_v2_bw.jpg

Notes:
The Stirland River Patrol is a well-known and uses a Green and White uniform.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:53:29 AM by rufus sparkfire »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
  • Stirland River Patroler
Re: The Province of STIRLAND
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 07:06:58 AM »
Fellow Stirlanders there are two things that I think we should do to improve our proinces thread.
First off, everyone with a stirland army should post a reply so we can see how many generals we have.
Secondly, I think that we should post pics of some of our models so people cam see how good our scheme can look. Anyone with a stirland or SRP army please post a pic or two.
The Stirland Generals so far.
Username - Army Name - General
Mr.Anderssen - The Stirland River Patrol - Hearshal Von Jeager
Douchie - The Army of Eastern Stirland - General Mikel Von Schroeder
Klostpret - The army of Münzhausen - Count Paulus von Schliestein
Spikey - The Stirland/Ostland Alliance? - ?
Shadowgeneral - The 7th Stirland Infantry - Chaplain-Colonel Hedwig von Menkemp.
OrcyBoy - The Army of the Stirland Marches - Baron Winterlich Von Stir
Sojung, Yoon - -
Shear - -
Mystic Force - -
Graf Alberich - 62nd Stirland State Corps - Captain Jarelius Vaunsten.

Here is one of my stirlanders

and one of my SRP

Mr.Anderssen
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 06:09:02 AM by MrAnderssen »

Offline Douchie

• Members
  • The Army of Eastern Stirland
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 03:29:40 PM »
First of all let me offer my many thanks to Midaski for taking the time out to put together this wonderful thread.

Secondly, Answering Mr Anderssen's call-to-arms here are some pics of my Stirland swordsmen.

Please find below a link to my ongoing Stirland Army fluff

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=14955.0

'Victory or Death!'

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 07:21:59 AM »
I have moved the list to the top of the thread.

Mr.Anderssen
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:32:02 AM by MrAnderssen »

Offline klostpret

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 02:28:56 PM »
Hey,
I'm doing another Sitrland army.
General: Count Paulus von Schliestein
Town: Münzhausen (see the map)
I have no name for my army yet, but it includes some River Patrol, Free Foresters, and... no guns  :icon_wink:

Offline Spiky

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »
Hi, I'm doing a joint Stirland/Ostermark force - I'm leaning towards Stirland as my main force though as the archer detachments are great!

I'll put some pics on as soon as I've completed some units - currently 3/4 of the way through a 25 spearman unit :-(
Trooper: "So... What are you reading?
Warrior Priest: "Uh... Harry Potter... I just can't seem to put this book down!"

Offline shadowgeneral

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 05:14:03 PM »
I too am a Stirlander. My army, the 7th Stirland Infantry, hails from Steinbachthal in the north, and is lead by Chaplain-Colonel Hedwig von Menkemp.

Here's bad WIP pic of some of my guys.

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 07:12:17 AM »
I'm a staunch supporter of all things Stirland.

The Army of the Stirland Marches is led by Baron Winterlich Von Stir.

Though the army patrols and maintains posts all along the border with Sylvania, the Baron has his headquaraters in Eisigfurt for the most part.

A little more about them here: http://home.comcast.net/~orcyboy100/Stirland%20main%20page.htm

Offline Soju

• Members
  • personal text goes here
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 05:48:45 AM »
Thanks to Warlord for pointing out this thread (I'm so slow on the internet seriously it takes me aeons to find like anything).

Here's my so far WIP Stirland army.

I'm still working on my Knights, and the artillery, and my general/battle standard bearer being painted at the moment...

@ orcyboy - your army is admirable! I love the bright yellow - something I could never achieve, hence the dark stained, crappy yellows on my mini's.

@ shadowgeneral - I can see that you'e painted the underlays in whites as well. Great stuff! I like the leather jerkins!

@ Douchie - like I said before, those shields are damn osome.

@ MrAnderssen - comrades! Hallo! oh and p.s. I have no name for my forces yet. Since they are largely expatriated Stirlanders formed into their own military force. So officially they don't exist.  :icon_mrgreen:

sj

EDIT: For you Midaski (almost) anything! :biggriin: (where is the heart sign?) :icon_evil:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 07:30:05 AM by Sojung, Yoon »

Offline shear

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 07:19:47 AM »
Hey there.

I was recently given some Empire models by a friend, on the condition that I paint one of his Brets for every unit that I got. I painted them Green and White before doing any research, so my army ended up Stirland River Patrol, although the models I have painted include a Steam Tank, 2 Helblasters (with one more on it's way to being a Helstorm), and around 25 Greatswords. So, it's not exactly "in theme", but I really like the color scheme.

~shear

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 07:20:45 AM »
sj - doh!

Now you have found this Board - please read the 'POLL' thread sticky - page 1 my intro.

Especially the bit about "just a few pics" and then use a link to the Gallery - Oh have you found the new Gallery yet, and the offer to create your own album. :icon_question:

:icon_wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 09:31:15 AM »
I was wondering when you'd post Sojung. As always nice army. To Shear, I found my colour scheme the exact same way. As much as I try to stay to theme i keep just buying units for their coolness. Good luck. Do you have any pictures?

Mr.Anderssen

Offline shear

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »
No, not right now, all my pictures are terrible. I'll post some when I figure out how to take good ones with the camera I've got.

~shear

Offline Big Time

• Members
  • Resident alcoholist
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 12:28:17 AM »
Sojung, Yoon, is that a unit of Hero Quest mercenaries in your picture there?

That was a rhetorical question, I can see that they are.  :eusa_clap:

That is what I call being resourceful. Where did you get so many of them?
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
-Oscar Wilde

Offline Soju

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 06:41:26 AM »
Oh this dude was chucking'em out for $12 bucks. lol. He had like... allllll the different heroquest mini's, but I only wanted these ones. I did not enjoy painting them. :D it was a series of mental-constipation. Where is your army? i.e. which province?

Yeah, the reason behind my choice for Stirland was mainly due to geography, I wanted to be somewhere in the centre of the Empire, but not Nuln or Altdorf, so I chose a very very peripherial location within the Stirland province, bordering the Moot and I think Nuln. This way I can get interesting mix of allies from the Great River system (either Stir or Reik... or both haven't decided which one). Moot Halflings, Nuln Artillery train and the odd Marienburg traders coming up the river *grin*.

But then again, I can always change my fluff so that it's the Stirlanders that effectively leave their foresty barracks on the river, and head to the southern states of Estalia and Tilea, dragging with them Marienburgers and various other troopers. I'll just make up the fluff as I make my army to whatever colour I feel like painting lol.

sj
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:37:13 PM by Sojung, Yoon »

Offline Big Time

• Members
  • Resident alcoholist
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 05:22:17 AM »
Where is your army? i.e. which province?

Who, me? Are you some type of spy? Answer me!

My army hails from all provinces and no province (dramatic, eh?) You can find out more in the Independent Army section if you are interested. I imagine it is somewhat boring to anyone who isn't me, so I'll spare you the details. I will say that my army is a political enemy of Stirland because of the latter's unlawful occupation of Sylvania.

That's right, I said unlawful. Do something. What? Stirland: province most suited to pansies and mommas' boys.

Alright, so now that we have that out of the way(and we're all clear about it):

@S,Y: I think the models look decent, in fact they were among my favorite from the entire HeroQuest series. The mixed weapons might throw people off, however. I would have considered letting mine go but I painted several of them in the Reikland colors (like ten years ago) and I would still like to do something with them. I hold out hope that I will get some HeroQuesting going in the future, but at that point I will probably just use my Warhammer models instead of the HQers.

Yeah, the reason behind my choice for Stirland was mainly due to geography, I wanted to be somewhere in the centre of the Empire, but not Nuln or Altdorf, so I chose a very very peripherial location within the Stirland province, bordering the Moot and I think Nuln. This way I can get interesting mix of allies from the Great River system (either Stir or Reik... or both haven't decided which one). Moot Halflings, Nuln Artillery train and the odd Marienburg traders coming up the river

That is why I chose the fluff for my army the way that I did. I can easily justify their use in pretty much any battle that the Empire might be involved in (fundraising, solidifying alliances, etc.) and I can justify almost any unit type for inclusion. I wanted to keep it as broad as possible because I am a fluff nerd. Yes, I use Halberdiers.  :icon_eek:
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
-Oscar Wilde

Offline klostpret

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 08:57:19 PM »
Hey!

Is there somebody who has painted the Warrior Queen on one of his banners or shields? I just want some inspiration for the design  :happy:
Just finnished ten Swordsmen (6th edition, to use as Detachment). It's time for the Archers now  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Otaku

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 05:36:07 AM »
The new book mentions a Scarlet Guard from Stirland. Anybody know anything about them? What kind of weapons do they use? Why do they wear red?

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 05:45:54 AM »
hey, klostpret. Is this what you were talking about?

I had a spare banner and thought I would give it a go. I failed.

And also Klostpret and brian, are you guys stirlanders? Just post some army info and I will put you in generals list.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline Douchie

• Members
  • The Army of Eastern Stirland
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 03:49:32 PM »
The new book mentions a Scarlet Guard from Stirland. Anybody know anything about them? What kind of weapons do they use? Why do they wear red?

The Scarlet Guard is a unit of normal state halberdiers that held the line at the battle of Hel Fenn in 2154.

They wear red instead of the standard Green/yellow of Stirland state troops, in honour of the extreme losses inflicted on the regiment during the battle. They are kinda like the 'Carroburg Greatswords' in that respect.

Although unlike the 'soft reiklanders', the 'Scarlet Guard regiment' actually won the battle they were made famous for... ssshhhhh! they might be a bit touchy about that comment  :wink:

@Mr Anderssen - That is a lovely free hand banner, welldone.

Offline klostpret

• Members
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 04:10:21 PM »
Ah, Mr. Anderssen. Great Banner. That will give me some inspiration.
I do have a Sitrland Army, and I am on the list already  :icon_wink:

Alas there isn't a real Stirland captain model. So I bought a Reikland model instead, to convert:
http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=A&Img=253642

Is there a particular god(dess) or magic worshipped/used in Stirland?
Like Taal is worshipped in Talabecland? And Manann worshipped in Marienburg?

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 04:13:20 PM »
Not a Stirlander, but maybe I can help out. :wink:

Sigmar would be your go to guy for sure.  Stirland has been one of the strongest provinces that have followed him.

Morr would be another good one as well with all the Sylvania stuff.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Otaku

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 07:51:27 PM »
Thanks a lot Douchie!   

And no Mr Andersson. I am not a Stirland General yet. I only have 3 Stirlanders in the convertion phase so far. But i'll get there someday.

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 06:34:15 AM »
Hey!

Is there somebody who has painted the Warrior Queen on one of his banners or shields? I just want some inspiration for the design  :happy:
Just finnished ten Swordsmen (6th edition, to use as Detachment). It's time for the Archers now  :icon_biggrin:

Here's my WIP standard depicting the warrior queen Freja.  I used the Athena from the California state seal as my model.

When finished she'll hang from my Arch Lector's war alter.

Edit:  Make that Freya.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 09:57:09 AM by orcyboy »

Offline Soju

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 09:33:19 PM »
Kool beans orcyboy. + MrAnderssen

I always thought too that Stirland was big on the Sigmar Cult. Seeing as how they were the capital one time or another?

I have my plans for my own sigmar cult... muwahahahahahahaha
i.e. small picture frames of sigmar instead of books for my warrior priests - after studying a tiny little bit of Russian history, and seeing a really cool WW1 picture of the tsar and his staff galloping past the thousands of infantry bearing pictures of the Tsar... omg it's so apocalyptic and romantic I just have to use it.

But Freya is pretty cool too.

I never heard about the Scarlet Guards... I want one now! lol of course this will totally screw up my fluff as is with a famous guard unit being in the army. lol.

sj