home

Author Topic: Talabec Border (US Regional Organization) Attack Port Maw/Morr's Gate!  (Read 57003 times)

Offline Goomb

• Members
Da Big Zoggin' Effigy.

Ya gotta hand it to those greenboys.  Always straight forward and to the point.

Course, if they fought as good as they talked, we'd all be dead by now.  Heheh.  :happy:

I take offense to that, zoggin umie!

Trust me, you have NO idea how I feel about it.  Words cannot describe it.  It has me for a loss of words, and that is saying a lot.  How can a faction have THAT many battles and suck so bad in the rankings? 

Of course, you are just a slight step above us (cough - rankings - cough), so I guess you need to get moving too.  We wouldn't want the stunties to run out of your country with all the ale and the shiney hat, would we?

Goomb

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
No we wouldn't actually.  But those are just the standings for our region Goomb.  Overall we're in the middle of the pack. :happy:

But we do need to get rolling guys!  Big push to end off the week.  Next week's offensive approaches!
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Mr. Anderssen made a good point when it comes to battles.  If you don't have many games, then better win them.  If anyone needs any tactical help please ask.  I may not be the best one to ask as I've been struggling of late, but I'm off to the Parade Ground to check out some lists against Dark Elves and Dwarfs. :wink:

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
Things are looking tough for you guys in the US, but please I urge one final push before close off tomorrow. There are some regions had better luck this week and only a few points raised would really lift us in the rankings (again no advice from me as I have had a shocker of a week).

Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
Advice re Dwarfs for what its worth

No Magic save the points.

Leave the Pistoliers at home, they are just to fragile against Dwarf shooting, take outriders instead but keep them hidden until his shooty units are dealt with.

Use 2 or 3 sets of Nilla Knights with 1 set of 5 IC Knights with a W/P on the flank to get rid of thunderers etc.

Use Swords as both parent and detachment as Dwarfs are T4 we are only going to win by static combat res, We need the WS 4 and AS 4 of Swords in detachments to take away combat ranks.

Use Cannons and a HRB to take out his artillery, then turn it on his big units, the HRB is very effective being S5.

Warrior Priests are a must, I use 3 to 4 against Dwarfs with an A/L on a War Alter, making Knights and Swords unbreakable is so effective, it means that you can stick around while your knights flank him.

LEAVE HIS UBBER UNITS OF DEATH ALONE, I cannot overstate this, with an Oathstone and a tooled up Lord or Thane, he will inflict massive casualties before his unit is wiped out. Instead leave it alone, feed in an archer detachment. If he does use the oathstone, then shoot him to bits with what ever you have.

Concentrate on the Artillery and shooty units and normal warriors if you wipe them out then you can afford to leave his Hard units alone and still get a good victory.

Dark Elves are totally different, take lots of magic defense, artillery is the best to shoot up his both throwers, once that is done shoot up the Cold Ones and Chariots. IC Knights and Nilla knights are usefull to smash is weaker fast cav units. If hes good he will try to entice your units forward to pull you out of position, and turn a flank, then he will magic you to death and deal with your army peacemeal.

My 2 cents

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Two cents that carry a lot more weight. :wink:

Thanks for the comments, Mark.  I'm tinkering the list some, he is doing exactly as you said and baiting me forward and flanking me.

I will restore honor to the Empire, or die trying!

not together.

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
Try an 10 strong archer detachment fanned out across your units, that can cover 20" of table, that should protect your main units from fire and magic for a turn or 2. Use the nilla knights to chase away his fast cav or shoot them with Handgunners or outriders as you only have to kill 2 for a panic test and they only have a 5 up save usually.

I would use the IC Knights with W/P against his Cold ones or Chariots that your cannons havent killed.

A War alter is good as its unbreakable and can dish out the hurt with a tooled up A/L and has magic resistance.

Advance the swords up the field behined the archer screen about 6" behined so that if they flee the DE wont overun into you automaticly.

A LVL 2 with 2 dispell scrolls and A/L with 2 W/P should help nullify his magic. Once you get into combat they are only T3 so arnt ubber hard.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Thanks for the help Mark.  I took some of your advice (I can't bend too much, fluff reasons :-D).  I did post a new list in the Parade Ground here: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=17340.0  I think this gives a better balance without throwing my fluff completely out the window.

not together.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
Try an 10 strong archer detachment fanned out across your units, that can cover 20" of table, that should protect your main units from fire and magic for a turn or 2.

However, be aware that archer screens will block your magic and shooting as well as being in the way when you wish to charge.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
Being skirmishers theycan move out of the way quite quickly by reforming into a narrow frontage. They are just designed to block opponents magic, shooting while your artillery targets their artillery. Also to allow your units to advance while relativly unmolested. Its not perfect but it does a job.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Week 4 orders are up in the first post!

Alright guys, our brothers carried us this week.  We were the weak link, finishing dead last.  Let's not have a repeat.  Let us carry our share and we'll place even higher than 4th overall!

not together.

Offline No 17

• Members
Just Massacered some Dark Elves, Mainly due to Knights Mortars and conflagartion of doom killed a unit of 20 Black Gaurd in the first turn  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Just Massacered some Dark Elves, Mainly due to Knights Mortars and conflagartion of doom killed a unit of 20 Black Gaurd in the first turn  :icon_biggrin:

Huzzah!
I'm in college!

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
Got a solid victory against Dark Elves to report as well, only 30 points off a massacre..dag nab it (as im in the US region I thought I would try out the lingo :wink:)

It was at 2K so hopefully will count for something.

Im going to use the fluff that the Dark Elves were trying to capture a local noble who had a copy of our plans for the area.

Must say that the HRB works wonders against the DE so soes an outrider champion with hammer of sigmar, his shots at long range panicked 2 units of mounted crossbow fast cav..

Offline Veldemere

• Members
Curses Mark, why are you not back in the barren hills!

If you can mention though that you found some of the population of Egonsdorf as slaves amongst them and have liberated them and sent them back to us.

Thanks
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Anyone that can get to a megabattle this week, go to it.  These things are turning the tide for factions all over the place.  If we have a good showing (which we would since we have tons of cannons and that's one of the few things that can kill the tree) then we may get a boost this next week.

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Anyone that can get to a megabattle this week, go to it.  These things are turning the tide for factions all over the place.  If we have a good showing (which we would since we have tons of cannons and that's one of the few things that can kill the tree) then we may get a boost this next week.

This one will be ours.
I'm in college!

Offline Fragazzi

• Members
Re: Talabec Border – United States - Regional Organization
« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2007, 04:12:41 AM »
New to the post but not the battles,  Fragazzi of Miragliano, Hero of Bosenfels, Bane  to the Tzeenichie, now fighting in the Talabec Borders

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Welcome Fragazzi!  Tell me a bit of your exploits (if you will) thus far so I will know how to allocate our newest asset! 

not together.

Offline Sergeant36

• Members
High Commander Rodimutz, Helstrom’s 4th Army:

Sir, this morning I ordered a force of my finest bodyguards to a surprise daylight raid upon the camp of a goblin warlord known as the “Snoot”.  I have been sparring with this goblin since we arrived on the Border and sought to capture him once and for all.  I felt that by taking him, we might gain intelligence regarding the activities of the goblins, orcs and evil dwarfs that have set up some sort of outpost around the cave of Morr’s Gate.  My men had the advantage of a bright sunrise and some rather thick fog. The approach had been cleared beforehand by a company of Halfling Shortbows and the Hunters of Sigmar were at the ready to spirit away the captives.  The men charged bravely and made off with several of the startled goblins.  We had the upper hand until a great horde of orcs returned to the camp midway through our attack (back from some pillage no doubt).  We did not anticipate these reserves and sadly, my men were quickly overwhelmed.  May Sigmar have mercy on Sergeant Streicher and his men - they died brave Reiklanders.  None of the captives we interrogated knew anything of value about the fortifications at Morr’s Gate or the Crown.  I fear that our next move may be somewhat compromised due to our failure to capture the Snoot but I have faith that Sigmar will protect us in all our endeavors.

Respectfully,

Commander Dolohev Stonheim III
1st Reiklanders, Helstrom’s 4th Army

High Commander Rodimutz, Helstrom’s 4th Army:

Sir, we followed our unsuccessful raid two days ago with steady pressure on the greenskins.  I continue to press the army deeper into the forest as we leave no stone unturned in our search for the Crown and any that would stand in our way.  We have been working our way through the forest for several days and are now many leagues from the road.  The eerie quiet of these ancient glades makes this Reiklander long for the bawdy alehouses of home; some nights, the deathly silence is enough to chill a man's very soul.  This afternoon, the vanguard of the army met a force of orcs beneath the forest’s canopy.  We quickly moved up the battalions and sought to corner the enemy and therefore force him to battle.  It appears that the greenskins were attempting to ambush us but the brutes could not decide whether to fight or retreat from our forces and there was much squabbling in their ranks before they decided to advance.  Brother Myron led the Hunters of Sigmar on the left flank and the thunder of their hooves brought terror to the goblins and they turned tail and ran, abandoning their kin.  The Hunters then smashed into a battery of hastily entrenched bolt throwers and destroyed their pitiful "artillery".  In the center, Brothers Thabius and Lucas began to recite the Littany of Unforgiveness and whipped the men into a righteous fury.  So great was the men’s hatred of the greenskins for the injustice they have lain upon our people that I could barely command them!  They charged the startled orcs and the goblins were left to gnash their teeth in frustration as they got bogged down in the forest’s thicket.  Brother Lucas led the spearmen in a frontal charge against a unit of huge orcs and then smashed two to the ground with mighty swings of his hammer.  The spearmen drove their weapons home and the orcs fell as if they were wheat before the scythe.  Their orc boss howled with pain as our blows hit home, then turned and spurred his boar towards the wood line; so great was the fury of our men that even he lost his courage and ran like a whipped dog.  I ordered the men not to pursue as the darkness of this forest hides many dangers and did not wish them to fall victim in their excitement.  Tonight we camp on our field of victory!  Tomorrow, we will continue our advance towards Morr's Gate.

Respectfully,

Commander Dolohev Stonheim III
1st Reiklanders, Helstrom’s 4th Army
Commander Dolohev Stonheim III, 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th.  Recipient of the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation, the Scroll of Ludendorf and the Shield of Sigmar's Wrath.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
To Commander Dolohev Stonheim III of the 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom’s 4th Army,

Good man Sergeant, your ongoing push is most welcome news.  I fell sorrow over the valiant death of good Reiklanders.  Your tactics on the raid were sound - the bastard greenskins got lucky, that's all.  Good to hear that Sigmar's fury followed in your next encounter with them. 

Two things to always keep in mind.  One, Moor's Kingdom is grander than anyone believes - or dares to believe.  And two, a good squad of Reiksmen is is worth more than 10 legions of any fool army daring enough to challenge them.  Good soldiers are dying for this damn Crown. May it be worth it.

From one soldier to another,
Simon "Donnerhertz" Rodimutz, proud commander of able men
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 12:39:06 AM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline Fragazzi

• Members
Many acccuse Fragazzi of being a simple mercenary, but he has proven his loyalty to the Empire during the Storm.  My brave duelists and crossbows held the fortress of Bosenfels until the very end.  Now My bold warriors hunt thourgh this dark forest for the Emperor and his Crown.  Today we found the Little Lizards again and thought that a quick and easy fight with some decent pluder we would have.  Alas my Pikes after routing a unit of the bigger ones was set upon by such a large horned creature.  Never before had my hand chosen pikes been scattered so.  Had it not been for Nobfoots halfling rangers taking out the last lizard mage alowing our own magics to subdue the beast it would have been a close thing.  this is the closest my sell swords have come to defeat in these many weeks of campaigning.  We have defeated several Goblin Hordes, Chaos and Dark Elf Raiders we have sent packing, and wiped out to the last a pack of the foul ratmen.  I'm sorry to say that we were forced to tear into a force of dwarves that refused us passage into part of the Emperor's forest (and me with an Imperial Writ).  See Fragazzi on the leaderbords.  (started as Empire moved to DOW, still Empire at heart)

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Good to have fine sellswords around. 

Always is.

Your victories are gladly heard and you will find that we are paying much higher wages than the time of the Storm.  Continue to pierce the hearts of your foes so well and I can authorized a large increase to your funding.  An important resource you are to our cause, don't think we will forget that!
I'm in college!

Offline No 17

• Members
Just won 6000 pointer against Orks(with High Elf Allies) Solid Victory :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Dang!  Awesomesauce.
I'm in college!