home

Author Topic: Mission Statement - Our Objectives + Prelimary Regional Objectives  (Read 9284 times)

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
First up is the current Mission Statement. There is already a thread out there for it so discuss there.

1) Defend the Empire - Our group was raised Primarily to Defend the Empire
     a) We are to choose sites to take as a heavily fortified position in each Region. Everyone in the region posts this as being the HQ and it being constantly defended and fortified.
     b) Branching Out to Secondary Positions, we are clearing the forest from around these andthe Roads.
2) Dwarves - The Barbaric Dwarves have broken their Ancient Oathes, those they claim as sacred between them and we. In the name of Sigmar, Smite their forces from our lands.
3. Purge the Unclean - The Great Forest is a Haven to Evil, Burn It
     a) We have recieved orders to Purge any area which is deemed unclean by two or more Priests of an sect. As such doing scenarios where you are attacking work fine, including rules for torching stuff is better.

Now, while making the large briefing on the Campaign Booklet, I spent time forming ideas for storylines etc. Here they are, to be edited when different regions come to their decisions about things in their own threads....

Note: I chose the Strongholds as the best major points that we can feature on in the campaign per region. Minor Strongholds are possibilities for other areas, but should be decided upon by region. And again, these are only suggestions and will be edited as decisions are made.

The Reik’s Marshes
     - Stronghold: The Bergerhoff
     - Minor Strongholds: All Watchtowers, Albrechtsdorf, The Fort, The Etzelhaus
     - Objectives
          - Follow Mission Statement in Regards to Strongholds and Paths
          - Ignore Tomb of Lost Ones, if they were lost and not found how important could they have been?
     - Possible Storylines
          - The Hunters of Sigmar have established themselves well in this area, holding the Fort in the Midden Moors and having Commandeered the Etzelhaus. Now they form a Crusade against the Greenskin encampments to their North.
          - The many Manors and Hunting Lodges are systematically being seized by the Imperial 4th Recruitment. While those gifted to them by the owners are fortified and stocked with weapons for the coming war, and purging has begun against the Noblemen who refuse. Rumors spread that cult items have been found in some of the refusing Lodges.
          - Forces have been sent around the entire Region to come upon Morbad’s Tomb from the East, avoiding the Marshes all together. They are to break the Tombs caverns open and bring out Marbad for a rightful burial in the Palaces of Altdorf, along with the revealing of his secrets to those who need be informed.

The Howling Heights
     - Stronghold: Abandoned Fort
     - Minor Strongholds: The Tower of Mourning, Unknown Village
     - Objectives
          -Strictly Follow the Mission Statement
          - Ignore the Temple of the Fallen and Mandredsfeld
          - The Lopoldhaus belongs to the Hunters of Sigmar
     - Possible Storyline
          - The Unnamed Fort is to be reclaimed and heavily defended to combat the nearby Greenskins and Skaven Lair.

The Rauberthal
     - Stronghold: The Temple of Leopold
     - Minor Strongholds: Ruins of Untergard, Kaspar’s Tower, The Last Chance Inn, Marksammfelden
      - Objectives
          - Follow Mission Statement regarding Strongholds and Roads
          - Ignore the Stone Circle
      - Possible Storyline
          - The Untergard was once a great Town, and is located at a vitally important point. If possible this should be taken back from the wilderness.

The Great Confluence
     - Stronghold: Unknown Ruined Fort
     - Minor Strongholds: Flusgard, Tower of Midnight, Benedict’s Retreat
     - Objectives
          - Follow the Mission Statement regarding the Strongholds and Roads
          - Ignore the Verminkern, it’s way out in the forest and nothing of our is around it
     - Possible Storylines
          - Examine the Green Heart. Both the Colleges of Magic and the different religious sects want to know about the Green Heart. It is to be studied thoroughly.
          - Rebuild the Ruined Fort
          - Benedicts Retreat has been taken over by the Hunters of Sigmar

The Talabec Border
     - Stronghold: Unknown Fort
     - Minor Strongholds: The Tower of Moonrise, The Headless Badger, Mattengard
     - Objectives
          - Burn It! There’s lots of stuff in this Region to burn, from the Hanging Tree to the Herdstone. Let’s burn ‘em all!

The Barren Hills
     - Stronghold: None
     - Minor Strongholds: Tower of Vigilance, The Bitter moon, Egondorf
     - Objectives
          - Follow the Mission Statement in regards to the Strongholds
          - Ignore the Circle, who wants some rocks?
          - Fight the Skaven
     - Possible Storyline
           - While the Nemesis Crown probably isn’t in the in the Ruins, other ancient and powerful Elven Artifacts might be in Tor Thana. Let’s go get ‘em!
           - The Ruined Fort might be ok to go for.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 08:27:48 PM by Jerok »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Mission Statement - Our Objectives + Prelimary Regional Objectives
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 11:52:40 AM »
Good showing Jerok.  I like the strategy you've laid out for all regions.  It gives everyone a guideline to follow, yet each regional commander can accomplish those objectives in the way he sees fit.  Glad that my plan didn't conflict with yours!
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »
The Howling Heights
     - Stronghold: Abandoned Fort
     - Minor Strongholds: The Tower of Mourning, Unknown Village
     - Objectives
          - Strictly Follow the Mission Statement
          - Ignore the Temple of the Fallen and Mandredsfeld
          - The Lopoldhaus belongs to the Hunters of Sigmar
     - Possible Storyline
          - The Unnamed Fort is to be reclaimed and heavily defended to combat the nearby Greenskins and Skaven Lair.
Are we sure of the sites as they're described here? I can't make it out very clearly in the booklet, I'm actually doubting whether the fort is abandoned or not, and whether it's a village or a ruined town next to the ruins of Juttesdorf.

I have to say, those objectives look fine. Fits very nicely with what I already had in mind for the area in which I'll be participating, but also for the other areas. Good job!
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline smithbl

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 02:44:44 PM »
Wissenlander, et aliud,

Jerok's work here is quit impressive. I happily volunterr to defend the Headless Badger--this is important as it will hold down the north end of the central road through Talabec. Also--**and this is important**--I can do so with the cooperation of a Wood-Elf; through the summer we will be fighting Chaos, Skaven, and perhaps Lizards, but mainly the first two. These WE alliance battles should help our fluff contribution, although I don't quite understand all of that ... but "ours is not to reason why..."

MH

Offline Sproogle

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 05:25:12 PM »
Is the May White Dwarf the only place to find a good map of this campaign?

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 01:36:29 AM »
Basicly, I haven't even seen one on the net recently.

Offline Solkan

• Members
  • Lord of the Cleansing Flame
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 04:41:34 PM »
I saw the campaign map last night PDF downloadable on the US GW Website under Nemesis Crown Pre-Campaign area if I remember correctly, would post link but the site is blocked on work computer  :icon_eek:

If nobody posts it in the next few hours i will post the link.

Description:  Lesser God; Gods of Law pantheon; brother of Alluminas (god of heavenly illumination) and brother/consort of Arianka (goddess of law and discipline). Solkan is the angry god of vengeance

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 08:45:15 PM »
Are these objectives fairly final? Or are we willing to shift them for diplomatic reasons?
Quote from: Dendo Star
In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 09:08:52 PM »
Well, if something like "Settra marches on Altdorf" or "Grimgor raids Nuln" comes up, we will change accordingly.

God help Settra should that moron decide to really make a go for the Imperial Vaults. 

Speaking of which, anyone have any common Tomb King opponents?  I hope we can whoop his boney behind big in the campaign posts.
I'm in college!

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 09:12:29 PM »
I've got one right here. Let me jsut tell you, he's gonna take a beating. :biggriin:
Quote from: Dendo Star
In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 09:17:39 PM »
I've got one right here. Let me jsut tell you, he's gonna take a beating. :biggriin:

Good man!

Stupid foolish tyrants of evil, grumble, grumble..
I'm in college!

Offline WarriorPriestDorn

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 03:30:03 PM »
Speaking of Regions, I've noticed that there's no thread up for Canada? Would that be because I'm the only Canadian on this site at the moment? Just curious.
Local General: Would you like a shield?
Dorn: No that's alright, my faith is my shield.
-D&D at it's best

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 03:34:44 PM »
There are other Canadians, so no worries there WP Dorn.  Jerok heads that region as well, I just think he's been busy and no one has gotten around to strategizing yet.

not together.

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 09:53:06 PM »
Don't worry, I'll be taking care of the CA region in the next few days. Not right yet, as I have a tourny tomorrow (Army Box for a prize, gotta win it!) so probably done Sunday or Monday.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 04:19:31 PM »
Gentlemen, I have moved to state our official course of action regarding the fate of the Crown itself.  If it is indeed without the ability to do good, we give it to the Lizardmen for destruction.  It is possible, even likely that we would be unable to destroy the Crown, powerful Dwarven relic that is is.  The combined powers of the Slann should be able to rid the world of this artifact should it indeed prove itself to be nothing more than a tool for Evil and corruption.

This, to me, is the logical thing to do.  Other races, even the Dwarfs themselves, may be without the ability to destroy the damn thing.  The Lizardmen can. 

My reasons are manyfold.

1.  As stated above, this is the logical course of action to insure the Crown's destruction should it indeed be deemed truly Evil.  Besides the mighty Slann, no others of the Good races may be able to destroy it.

2.  It provides the powerful Lizardmen forces with a reason to assist us should they so choose.

3.  It fosters creation and growth between our 2 races in fluff - an interesting concept to say the least.

4.  Growth between our 2 online communties.

5.  A novel spin on GW's official Nemesis Crown Campaign story.

6.  It makes for great fluff.

7.  If adopted, it creates an important "Third Bloc" of alliances.  The Dwarf/High Elf/Ogre bloc as one, the Evil races bloc as the other, and our Empire/Lizardmen "alliance" as a third.  It should be noted the Slann and their Lizardmen servants are under no obligation to help us, but if we can agree upon the Crown's disposal it makes for important cooperation.

My official proposal can be found under the "Greetings Softskins" thread on this forum.  I hope both you and the Servants Of The Old Ones see the merit of this proposal. 

For the protection of the Empire against those who would assail it!  To defend all children of the Old Ones against the threat of Chaos!  Protect our lands!  Guard our people!

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=16454.0
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 04:40:05 PM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 04:41:35 PM »
If it cannot be used for good, and we decide to destroy it, we have two options, really:

1. Give to the Lizardmen as Dendo has put forward, or:
2. Give to the Dwarfs who made it, surely they can unmake it.

Well, 2. would be bad politics, so someone invades us for something, we find and give it to them, surely that's encouraging others to do the same?

I think, as we're trying to cement an alliance with the Lizardmen, it may work well to try and use this as an agreement as a barginning tool.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 04:44:44 PM »
If The Mad himself was unable to destroy the Crown, what hope could today's Runelords have to cleanse the world of this taint?
I'm in college!

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
Well, he was mad, but then again, the Dwarfs' reactions to our diplomacy, appeals and remainders of friendship, they may have travelled Alaric's road. (Wow, a new euphemism)
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 04:54:40 PM »
I still think the best route is a Council of the Wise, that would include Lizards.

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 05:03:25 PM »
While a suggestion with great merit, I must disagree.

The Dwarfs and High Elves have made it clear they do not wish to aid us.  I must say I am skeptical they would even take wisdom in our council.  That is to say nothing of their views on the Lizardmen!  I have seen that the Bretonnians are only after land and silly conquest. 

I say we need to act.  While grand alliances and great talk are indeed important, sometimes they do not work.  I move we act against this way of thinking.  This way we are free to do our actions in fluff and in reality.  The Dwarfs have pushes us aside, we should not cow to them.  For better or worse.

I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 05:07:59 PM »
I respect your opinion, and I understand where it comes from.  But I do, humbly, disagree with your stance.

Fluff wise we have very little in common with the Lizardmen (not saying I wouldn't want any help).  A council has precedent and even though our allies have turned against us, let us not take the low road in this matter (though I've thought about it a time or two).  Let us be the example in this scenario.  They call us a weak race, but now is the time to show our worth.

After it is all said and done, the best way to mend relations is to call all of the good races together and decide how to destroy this crown if it is found to be dangerous (officially we don't know if it is really or not).  If the Lizardmen are seen to be the ones that can destroy it, then so be it.  But in this regard we will keep intact the old friendships that have been forged in many battles.  We will keep all of the forces of light together whether they want it or not by our sheer determination and example.

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 06:24:28 PM »
It is more difficult trying to do things with 5-7 races than with a minor or major alliance between 2 races.

I think we should show the other races who have spurned us we are not meant to be toyed with.  Bretonnia wants to take parts of the Empire for itself - bottem line.  We've been overlooked by Dwarfs and High Elves, I say we show them the scope of their folly.

Also, a push towards the Lizardmen could makes waves the whole game and gameworld down the line. 

I also think it's safe to say GW won't let relations be marred between the good races - but I could be wrong.  I consider it a safe bet though.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:28:54 PM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 06:31:42 PM »
Well, first off I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves here.  The Lizards in general haven't shown much favor upon us in this campaign.  Tzua has been very polite and helpful, but I'm not sure how much help we can expect from Lizards or TPV.  They're still organizing and at first glance look to be siding with the Dwarfs.

Meanwhile, the Bretonnians have said they want to allign with us.  The only reason they want land is because they're trying to work within GW fluff that was presented.  I don't want to snub the Round Table because of presented fluff that they have no control over (we shouldn't do thiswith TPV either, but first glance from the Lizards meat with a resounding, leave before we eat you). 

Many of the other forums have rejected our terms for one reason or another, and it would be unwise in my opinion to disregard the Bretonnians at this juncture considering they're willing to help.

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 06:40:15 PM »
Oh, I know why have no promise of alliance with the Lizardmen.  I just want us to state we will give them the Crown at the end of all this and work with them to write a lot of fluff.  That's the beauty of it.  We don't need any formal alliance in place for my plan to work!

Of course, if they want to ally with us, they are certainly welcome to of their own accord.  I also think that adopting this plan would entice them to do so.

I admit, I'm rather disenchanted with dealing with the Bretonnians.  They simply could state that the Knights seeking land saw greater glory in fighting the Tomb King invasion of the Wasteland, or the Orcs, or anybody else for that matter.  That way the fluff presented to them already by GW is easily worked around and the Knights are off free to do what they want.  I know you and the Knights Of The Roundtable (Honored all!) have worked a great deal, but I am now waiting to bash any Chivalrous heads that come into the Empire wanting to take over parts of it.
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »
But why would we give them the crown right out if we have no knowledge of it being evil (again the official stance right now is we know nothing of evilness, just that it's of great power)? 

Fluff work is fine, but this is undermining everything we've had going for us thus far.  I admit I'm probably a bit more tied up into this than some, being an ambassador to many other forums.  I haven't totally understood how and why some have operated, going against the grain of established fluff and this in my mind would be one of those moves.

Working with the Lizards to a certain extent is fine, but they (unfortunately) have a different goal than us.  We wouldn't just hand the crown over to the Dwarfs (which is what they demanded) so why are we going to hand it over to the Lizards?  They are aligning themselves to be apart of the Great Dwarf Alliance, and while that shouldn't prevent us from talking with them, these attempts will undermine our stance.

The Bretonnian fluff for this campaign isn't nearly as harsh as origonally made out to be.  They are to ride to the defense of the Empire and help us in a time of need (game mechanics make this difficult, but there we are).  It is said that they are to help and extend governance over any realm that wants it and where the Emperor is unable to provide protection.  While this seems like undermining Imperial authority, we have worked to minimize offenses and have towns and villages in the Great Forest that have little protection be given to Barons and up who have helped defend them.

Nothing against the Lizardmen, but just because they show up and announce they're willing to talk, we shouldn't be so willing to forsake the one ally that has actually said they will stand by us.

That being said, in order to mend the fences and keep ties with our old allies, a Council of the Wise will be the quickest way to do this.

not together.