home

Author Topic: I'm confused  (Read 4264 times)

Offline farmer

• Members
  • Victory is life
I'm confused
« on: May 30, 2007, 12:03:12 PM »
Reading the articles on this board. We are saying thing and making promises to other races we can't keep. Things like We're not interested in looking for the crown, if we do find it we will give it to the High Elves or Dwarfs to destroy.  The truth is, yes we are very much looking for it. Its massively important to the Empire thats why Karl Franz is leading the army in person. As far as GW are concerned we are only one for three races (Empire, O&G & Dwarfs) who have a chance of finding it. Every battle we win moves us a step closer to finding it. Surly they will decide what we will do with it if we should find it not us.

Forgive my outburst this is my first campain so not sure what influence we can have over a massave company like GW. 

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:53:51 AM by farmer »
"We fight them with our steel, we fight them with our courage, but above all we fight them with our faith in Sigmar!"

(Magnus the Pious outside the gates of Kislev)

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
Re: I'm confused
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:11:49 PM »
So, do you think every Empire player in the world comes on this forum (would be nice, but I doubt it). We are the defensive force, making sure that the Empire survives, the others could be considered the taskforce to look for the crown. Or something.

We can write things in fluff, and hope that it would influence GW, like the Skaven WMD from SoC.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 12:14:53 PM »
Council of the Wise...

If we use this then we can still search for the crown as GW has mandated but put us in a favorable light.  Those who want to attack us out of greed can do so, while we do our best to minimize bloodshed to our old friends.  Then when we find the crown we call all of our buddies together and take the high road.

This is a nice mix between what GW wants, everyone fighting, and what we want, defense and maintaining alliances.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline farmer

• Members
  • Victory is life
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 12:33:31 PM »
So, do you think every Empire player in the world comes on this forum

Of course not but thats the problem, we are but a small fraction of the Empire players taking part in the campain so why would GW listen to us? 
"We fight them with our steel, we fight them with our courage, but above all we fight them with our faith in Sigmar!"

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 12:36:03 PM »
Because we're organized.  There will be random reports all over.  If they get a fair number of consistent reports they're more likely to use that.  Many people who are active gamers are on forums and we can blend the gaming and the fluff together nicely.

not together.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 03:34:32 PM »
I for one don't like the idea of a direct confrontation with the Dwarves.  However, the campaign is organized in a way as to make it inevitable there will be some confrontation.  If we can minimize the confrontation, then eventually we can repair the rift with our stoutest allies. 

Gazing at the stars fills my heart with forebodings.  Do you really think its a good idea to have the Emperor running around with 2 pounds of Warpstone on his head?  Soon enough he will have two heads and some tentacles to boot.  That would not be such a bad thing except for the fact that I have liquidated my holdings in the Nordland timber market.

I would imagine there would be a great deal of ambivalence about the assigned task.  No noble would openly defy the Emperor, and if there are Greenskin necks to be hewed I have enough sharp swords to complete the task.  However, I still worry if our goal is the correct one.

Perhaps we can find some gullible Halfling stupid enough to take the Crown through thousands of Orc infested miles in order to drop it in an active volcano.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 03:57:06 PM »
Well, I don't like fighting the Dwarfs either.  But our attempts at diplomacy were quickly pushed away.  I don't want blood shed between our races and will do what I can to prevent it.  But we won't be lap dogs to the Dwarfs either.  They do this because they think it necessary.  It pains me that it is so and that our long standing friendship is pushed aside.

I am sure there is much lethargy by Imperial troops/generals in this campaign as well.  I think we've done a good job thus far at playing the middle between what we want and what GW wants (not making any accusations at anyone, just making a statement).

not together.

Offline farmer

• Members
  • Victory is life
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 03:59:31 PM »
We're in a no win situation, If we win the campain then we find the Crown and face the possibility of and evil Emperor  :icon_twisted: (not necessary a bad thing). If we lose we get invaded the possibility Empire broken up and somebody else gets the Crown. As players all we can do is to win our fights and leave the rest to GW.  :eusa_wall:

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 05:05:59 PM »
The crown is made of warpstone and...

If proven safe, such a powerful device could be harnessed for the good of the Empire, the master wizards of the Colleges of Magic unlocking its secrets for the betterment of all men.

Do you think a warpstone artefact will be "proven safe"?

Unless GW want to do a major overhaul of the Empire (with evil KF in power) Karl Franz is not going to use it.

Chances of them making that kind of overhaul a few months after the new book comes out... :icon_question:
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 05:20:58 PM »
Chances of them making that kind of overhaul a few months after the new book comes out... :icon_question:

Are nihil. Yes, that's why I've been promoting the idea of a Council since the beginning. Seems a much more likely way for GW to solve the situation if Karl-Franz gets his hands on the Crown.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 07:04:14 PM »
Indeed, my question was rhetorical.

I agree the Council of the Wise is a fair interpretation of events should Karl Franz gain the crown.

Then maybe the dwarfs can ask nicely to have it back to destroy... like they should have done in the first place.  :icon_rolleyes:
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Badwolf

• Members
  • 10mm KoW
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 07:25:35 PM »
Should the Empire win the crown I'm sure we could come to some arrangement with the Dwarfs. We give them their old hat back and they give us some nice shiny new rune weapons for the Imperial Arsenal ........ and maybe a few gyrocopters for us to reverse-engineer. :icon_biggrin:

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 08:38:33 PM »
Should the Empire win the crown I'm sure we could come to some arrangement with the Dwarfs. We give them their old hat back and they give us some nice shiny new rune weapons for the Imperial Arsenal ........ and maybe a few gyrocopters for us to reverse-engineer. :icon_biggrin:
Maybe they could make the friggin helblaster more reliable and deadlier  :icon_twisted:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline farmer

• Members
  • Victory is life
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 09:16:23 PM »
I can't believe that GW would make the Empire look for it then give the crown to the dwarfs if we should find it. If that was the case why would we be bothering to look for it.
Why do we assume that the crown is Evil. I the Nemesis Crown book it sayes some thing like if it is proven to be safe, a powerful device could be harnessed for the good of the Empire. Doesn't sound like we're giving the Crown to anybody (and nor should we, finders keepers). 

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 01:21:28 AM »
Why do we assume that the crown is Evil. I the Nemesis Crown book it sayes some thing like if it is proven to be safe, a powerful device could be harnessed for the good of the Empire. Doesn't sound like we're giving the Crown to anybody (and nor should we, finders keepers). 
Well... Do we assume that it's evil? Surely, that's for the Council to decide!  :-D

From the looks of it, it's pretty evil - not to mention that it's made of warpstone, never a really safe material to put on your head.
cisse

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 02:43:08 AM »
Well... Do we assume that it's evil? Surely, that's for the Council to decide!  :-D

From the looks of it, it's pretty evil - not to mention that it's made of warpstone, never a really safe material to put on your head.
On an un-related note, did you guys ever wonder whats wrong with Rufas??  :roll:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline CaptScott

• Members
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 09:03:46 AM »
Then maybe the dwarfs can ask nicely to have it back to destroy... like they should have done in the first place.  :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_lol:  silly dwarves...

As to the influencing effects of the crown on KF, I say bring it on!  KF can handle it, and if not it will definitely make for some cool fluff in the future (a new Emperor perhaps...).  Having the crown plain destroyed by the Dwarves would be a rather boring end to the campaign in my opinion, better the Orcs get it so the next campaign can be a great big WAAAAAAAGGHH!!!!!

Please do not construe the above as heresy, I am talking from a strictly 'fun' point of view.
2010 - The year of Empire.
2011 - The year of Empire!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 11:57:57 AM »
You would've had tons of fun in the Summer Campaign thread.  Several of us took the topic and went way overboard talking about Imperial politics and lines of succession.

@Wyzer:  He's just excentric.  Too much saltwater in his veins and long days at staring at the sun.  It could happen to anyone. :wink:

not together.

Offline Reynard_of_Bogenhafen

• Members
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 12:37:54 PM »
Perhaps we can find some gullible Halfling stupid enough to take the Crown through thousands of Orc infested miles in order to drop it in an active volcano.

I nominate Sam Warble (only his mother, whose fault it is, calls him buttermerry) to carry the crown and cast it deep into the great maw!

but who should go with him?

Teclis, the elf...

Gotrek Gurnisson, the dwarf.

Thyruss Gormann, the wizard.

Felix Jaeger, the warrior poet.

Ludwig schwarzhelm, the swordsman and champion of the empire...

and three randomly assigned halflings,

namely:

Neddly the butcher,

Tumpleton the baker,

and Gaffer Bigburns, the hobo of the Moot...
Reynard Von Ruggbroder: Von Klaust's laurels of acclamation, bearer of the crimson ribbon, the shield of Valkin, keeper of the scroll of ludendorf, The eagle of Magnus, The Kannagheim Death's Head.

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 12:39:50 PM »
Why not just get our engineers to construct some kind of giant bombard to launch Mr. Warble and his tiara through the orc infested lands and into the volcano? It might be a bit hit and miss at first, but nothing a few test runs can't iron out.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 01:08:09 PM »
Not with an engineers BS!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 01:23:32 AM »
Not with an engineers BS!
Aha, but cannons don't use BS to fire - and engineers do give a reroll on the scatter dice. :wink:
cisse

Offline Volkmar The Grim

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
Is it just me or is the empire like GONDOR and Karl Franz IS Borimer

IF so Damm the not creative GW People

Offline Schmeag

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 01:25:46 PM »
That's for their LOTR range. ;) Anyhow, a lot of stories/plots use that kind of device (temptation and betrayal).

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 01:58:32 PM »
Quote from: Volkmar the Grim
Is it just me or is the empire like GONDOR and Karl Franz IS Borimer

And that makes Bretonnia Rohan. Fear not, we shall ride to save you!

... and the campaign will end when Grimgor Ironhide boasts that no man can defeat him and King Louen's tomboy daughter promptly slices his head off.