home

Author Topic: OK it takes a lot, but now I am a little miffed  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Veldemere

• Members
OK it takes a lot, but now I am a little miffed
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »
So I accepted Wissenlanders point that the killing of a generation of people in Egondorf may have been a plot point decided in a shop somewhere. If that is the case I hope they hang their heads in shame, of the top 25 Druchii players in the barren hills (a third of the overall players) only one fought at Egondorf and that was against greenskins. Of all the others I did not spot a single victory agains Empire this week in Egondorf. Please I am happy for GW to introduce their own plot lines (it is their campaign after all) but keep it realistic and do not provide the proof that you are not listening to the battle reports.

I urge all Empire players to mention that the children of Egondorf were in hiding in tunnels planned for just such an event, it is the only way GW can get out of this with some respect!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
Re: OK it takes a lot, but now I am a little miffed
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 03:59:47 PM »
Whats Egondorf? Is that in Bretonnia (no seriously what is it?)
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 08:50:09 PM »
Egondorf (Egonsdorf? I've seen it spelled both ways) is a town in the Barren Hills area.  It is one of the name locations you can post battles at.
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 09:38:54 PM »
Me, I prefer to spell it Eggondwarf.  :icon_rolleyes:

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 01:47:01 PM »
Clausewitz I am pleased you have noticed too that it has been both Egonsdorf and Egondorf, I thought i was gong mad.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 03:12:08 PM »
Veldemere, did you get my PM?

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 12:34:57 PM »
That is one issue that no one knows the origin.  Hopefully it was a freak occurence.  It could be an issue of GW inhouse campaign and that took precedence over everything else.  Just so they could get a little bit of fluff in themselves and they could point and say 'that one was mine.'
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Veldemere

• Members
is this what it takes to win?
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 10:55:02 PM »
Ok picture a faction that have never been less than 5 places above another faction, it must hurt when the always get mentioned as having killed all your citizens. I am so sorry if I am getting embittered but the generals of the Barren Hills have been outperforming almost all other regions yet still we get hammered in ther fluff, if anyone has a contact a GW I can make representations to (in a calm way) please PM me their e-mail / number.

Thanks

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 12:12:13 AM »
Here, here.  That it happened twice last week was wrong.  To do exactly the same thing this week..  :eusa_wall:

And they can't even get our dispatches page to work..  :icon_rolleyes:

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 01:10:39 AM »
Get everyone you know in the Barren Hills to mention rescuing captured prisoners when you fight Dark Elves (ie, "Though victory on the field was denied us, our flanking maneuver worked, and several hundred civilians were whisked from the enemy camp in the midst of the battle and are now on their way to safety with us.")  This includes other players you know of other races - (ie, "We fought the Druchii fiercely...during the battle, more than a score of humans broke free of their prison and fled the field; the Druchii were too busy with us to pursue them.")

For me, I've concluded that a local clan of Skaven really wants my general hunting for the Crown instead of battling Druchii to rescue prisoners.  For this reason, I keep mentioning how the Skaven appear to be alerting my forces when the Druchii are near and leading us to them whenever they can - the rats figure, the sooner we deal with the Druchii, the sooner we can get back to finding the Crown.  It fits with what they're doing this campaign (and helps me justify the fact that half my opponents play Dark Elves...)

In my last report (in keeping with the "pigeons and road wardens" communication method), Earl Jodas was alerted by a pigeon that was thrown against his tent.  The bird was dead, but a semi-literate Skaven had tried to write out a warning of Druchii nearby.  It was enough, we fought a battle, and numerous prisoners were rescued.

Coincidentally, my dwarven neighbors (figuring that they'd rather the Empire be rescuing prisoners than hunting for the Crown) have refused any aid against the Druchii whatsoever.  It's quite insulting, really.  But that's just me.

Just a few thoughts, maybe some inspiration in there.  Our river campaign this coming week should help us considerably with rescuing and securing the helpless and innocent...mention the destruction of Druchii ships "before landing," etc.  That should put a blow to their plans!
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 11:46:25 AM »
If you want direct contact with the head narrator check out Warvault.  I can post your thoughts over there.

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 01:53:33 PM »
If you do have any connections there Wiss it would be very helpful, I have contacted them through GW press office and am awaiting a response.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »
Yeah, I've posted your greivance.  I await the response as well.

not together.