The Campaign Archive > Nemesis Crown Board

Battle vs. Snagafang

<< < (2/5) > >>

Veldemere:
With that point descrepency hat looks like a greeat result (i am hoping you skewed the results table to reflect the points difference)

I had a final showdown against Count Olaf but it did not turn out quite the way we expected. It turned out on the day that a friend had bought alond his dwarf army wanting a battle. Not ones to disappoint it ended up being something like this;

Graf Veldemere and Count Olaf met to do final battle, to the winner the spoils, there would be no backing out of this final battle. As we took to the field we were both greeted by a large force of Dwarves searching for the crown believing it to be in the field. They demanded that both armies retreated or died, this not being an option eiher felt they could support we both charged the Dwarves holding an uneasy alliance.

This resulted in 2k Empire and 2k VC versus 4k Dwarves.

Count Olaf will post the batrep on warseer as soon as he has the time, for those who can't wait it was a solid victory to the Empire (only because I managed to avoid his lords!).

Goomb:
Well done, gents!  The report is posted at Da Warpath!

Goomb

wissenlander:
Link over at da Warpath for the battle.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=19486

clausewitz:
Read the batrep Wissenlander.  Good stuff.  Your opponent has a very nicely painted army (no wonder you bought some paints sharpish  :wink: )

Very nice to see two balanced armies facing off.  A battle of infantry regiments, with nice splashes of shooting and magic, instead of the WAAC-type armies that abound wfb.

Considering the scenario I think you did very well to draw (looks like turn 5 turned things around for you).

One thing I noticed that you could have made more use of was the recycling units rule.  If it was me I would have been tempted to rush forward with my knights and used them to hold up part of the orc advance in a suicide mission.  As if they died early they have the speed to be useful when they return as reinforcements.  Even run them straight at the fanatic carrying NG units to release the fanatics early.

wissenlander:
I thought the very same thing, Clausewitz...once it was too late.  My flanks were 'in the air' and I did my best to anchor them, but there really wasn't any terrain available to help me do that, so I used the knights, one on each flank.  I was a little too concerned about that I think, which is why I kept them in close.  In the end my right flank got completely mangled, and my left was shaky.  Only my middle held tough, which is where the strength of my army was anyway.

If not for turn 5, it would have been a nice defeat for me.  My guys must've sensed it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version