home

Author Topic: Empire 2000pts first try  (Read 1429 times)

Offline ForlornHope

• Members
Empire 2000pts first try
« on: December 31, 2007, 09:11:05 PM »
Howdy folks im new on the boards here and im back to warhammer after a 5 year break. I started playing vampire counts around the time 6th edition came around then i went to the dark side for some time (40k) now im back to fantasy and even though the new VC are coming soon strangely ive fallen to starting a Empire force. Ive put together a 2000pt list mainly focusing on a sort of historical look with a little magic thrown in just for magic protection. I tried to keep it fluffy with alot of halberdiers but mostly as detachments as to keep the list from becoming to weak as i hear they are not as good as swordsmen.

General will join first knight unit, BSB with Swordsmen, Captain with Spearmen.

Empire 2000pts

Lords

Empire General
Pistol
Warhorse
Armor of Meteoric Iron
Sword of Battle
Total – 144pts

Heroes

Empire Captain
Sword of Might
Full Plate
Shield
Total – 75pts

Battle Standard Bearer
Full Plate
Helm of the Ratslayer
Sword of Might
Total – 123pts

Battle Wizard
Dispell Scroll
Dispell Scroll
Level 2
Total -150pts

Core

X24 Swordsmen
Musician
Standard
X10 Halberdier Detachment
Total – 209pts

X24 Spearmen
Musician
Standard
Shields
Total – 231pts

X25 Halberdiers
Musician
Standard
Champion
Total – 195pts

X10 Handgunners
Total – 80pts

X10 Handgunners
Total – 80pts

X7 Knightly Orders
Musician
Standard
Total - 185

X8 Knightly Orders
Musician
Standard
Preceptor
Total – 224pts

Special

Great Cannon
Total – 100pts

Great Cannon
Total – 100pts

X5 Pistoliers
Outrider
Repeater Pistol
Total – 107pts

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
Re: Empire 2000pts first try
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 10:23:57 PM »
Welcome to the land of the living.

You can't repeat magic items other then dispel Scrolls and Power Stones.  One of the Swords of Might needs to be exchanged.  This is the same as in the 6th edition.

If your wizard is a true spell caddy, drop him to first level.  You're unlikely to get any spells off.  Otherwise consider 2nd level with the rod of power.  It allows for much more flexibility.

Infantry is fine.  Consider fielding the detachments in units of 9 in a 3x3 formation.  there is a current topic in the forum on the reason for this.

The smaller unit of knights does not need a standard and 7 is a bit too wide.  Move one knight over to the larger group, and consider taking the points from the standard and the spell caddy to upgrade the general's unit to inner circle.  The smaller unit can an act as a detachment for the larger unit.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline ForlornHope

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 12:02:40 AM »
Welcome to the land of the living.

You can't repeat magic items other then dispel Scrolls and Power Stones.  One of the Swords of Might needs to be exchanged.  This is the same as in the 6th edition.

Thanks for catching that ill replace it

If your wizard is a true spell caddy, drop him to first level.  You're unlikely to get any spells off.  Otherwise consider 2nd level with the rod of power.  It allows for much more flexibility.

i was hoping for the extra dispell dice from lvl 2 im not much for offensive magic i like to let the troops do the killing

Infantry is fine.  Consider fielding the detachments in units of 9 in a 3x3 formation.  there is a current topic in the forum on the reason for this.

could be worth a try

The smaller unit of knights does not need a standard and 7 is a bit too wide.  Move one knight over to the larger group, and consider taking the points from the standard and the spell caddy to upgrade the general's unit to inner circle.  The smaller unit can an act as a detachment for the larger unit.

the general was meant to join the 7 man unit making it 2 ranks of 4 like the 8 man one. I guess you idea would also be worth a try
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 12:07:47 AM by ForlornHope »

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 12:05:37 AM »
Hi, wow another player who leads with a General of the Empire :::cheers::: I love the general but if your character is to be leading a knight unit it might be better tactically (and fluffily) if you were to make him a Templar Grandmaster, of course you'd have to lose the pistol.

looks like a nice list, consider shrinking the Knight units down to 6 each and make the two handgunner units detachments on your infantry for more flexibility. Also drop the level on your wizard and consider giving your non-bsb captain a pegasus (nice conversion opportunity).

I do field a standard on my small knight units and I've had good results with them, it depends how you want to use them really. I you want a major knight unit for the general to lead just switch them round so that you have a unit of 5 or 6 for flank support and a unit of 9 to make 2 ranks of 5 with the General.

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Rutgar of Wissenland

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 12:33:04 AM »
Lvl 1 and Lvl 2 wizards get the same amount of dispel dice.  It's the power dice that are different. 

If you want your heroes to bolster your infantry blocks, I would not make one a pegasus rider.

I know that some people say that putting your detachments at 3x3 means they are more manuverable and it's only the US 5 that matters in breaking the rank bonus, but don't you want the halbadiers to actually attack?  Or is the general consensus that they will only become casualties if brought into combat?