home

Author Topic: Warhammer-empire faces  (Read 389758 times)

Doop123

Re: Warhammer-empire faces
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2008, 12:36:10 AM »
This is me.

ya, don't I look sexy.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2008, 03:15:31 AM »
To say this thread is eye-opening is an understatement... the next time someone posts something controversial, I'm going to have to come back here and see what they look like to put it in context....
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline offroadfury88

• Members
  • Und die Vögel singen nicht mehr
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2008, 03:42:16 AM »
To say this thread is eye-opening is an understatement... the next time someone posts something controversial, I'm going to have to come back here and see what they look like to put it in context....

You cant judge a book by its cover.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
 -The Buddha

An act of kindness surpasses a thousand prayers
 -Sa'di

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2008, 03:45:46 AM »
yes you can... if it looks boring odds are it's boring just real important. If it looks interesting odds are it's crap.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2008, 08:00:29 AM »
Tsss... is that looking sexy Doop...
Look at my pic some pages back! Leather and longbow, that is sexy! Stone age sexy!

And here is more:

Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2008, 08:54:58 AM »
Ok; this is a difficult one, guys.

There is a slight chronological error in this pic. One of the items displayed did not really exist in the stone age... Can you spot it ?

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2008, 09:10:34 AM »
No I can't. It can't be that little pink thing in the background, can it? I mean, pink was the #1 colour back then. And of course they had invented the wheel already...

nice catch
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2008, 10:26:24 AM »
Yes, it should be interesting! Possibly even frightening...
especially considering who are sitting next to on the ride over...
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Badwolf

• Members
  • 10mm KoW
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2008, 10:39:01 AM »
I'm not as prolific a poster as some of you lads but here's my mugshot anyway.

PS, I trimmed the beard a couple of days ago, it's usually short in summer and longer in winter. I've had the beard for the last 18 years or so, only occasionally shaving it off while I was in the Territorial Army.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:19:02 AM by Badwolf »

Offline Shadowwolf

• Members
  • Post quality makes you a veteran gamer!
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2008, 11:46:41 AM »
You look like Obi should!  :Ohmy: A little white in your hair and a lightsabre...

Shadowwolf
On the right only red, to your left all is white
Ev'ryone's holding, stay in the fight!
White to the right side, left only red
Run like the others, or you'll end up dead!
Talabheim State Troop proverb
Deviantart? http://dlshadowwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2008, 01:16:13 PM »
I for one am glad a few of the 'older' members have posted... I was feeling old at a certain point in this thread.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2008, 01:19:06 PM »
We're only older here though Soth, at least in the real world we are still considered young!

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »
We're only older here though Soth, at least in the real world we are still considered young!

Phil

True !

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2008, 01:25:12 PM »
Well, except for Midaski.  But at least he's got that kicking leg.

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2008, 01:26:43 PM »
It's weird when you go from the "older" teenage gamer to the "younger" adult gamer.

I used to be the oldest in my gaming group until Uni and joining various local gaming groups. Now I'm the Youngest. Eitherway it's really really sad (sad like lame).

I rest at peace knowing that after I play my game on sundays me and my mates hit the town and share a few drinks while getting free lapdances from Thai chicks.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2008, 02:08:19 PM »
Well I think I managed the feat to look like the youngsters but I am going to my thirties (27) and therefore am old enough to grow a manly beard. The problem I have a babyface and even if I donīt shave myself for weeks Obi could put my beard to shame.

Hmm Ben so the matureometer strikes if some chicks lapdance you...or only if they do it for free?=

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »
hahaha no

I don't usually got for lap dances etc. but last sunday I was "forced". my LGS is in an area called Wan Chai (synonomous with sailor heaven after 6 months at sea) it makes for an eventful evening. We got hammered playing warhammer and moved on from there. And I should really shuddup right about now.

For the record I've had plenty (well I think I've had plenty) of Girlfriends and the maturaity metre doesnt just strike in wanchai... ...yea no getting out of this.

• Members
« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2008, 02:28:54 PM »
But I also like to go out for a beer with my gaming group after the game and have some people one can talk about something else but warhammer. I prefer older gamers over young ones because in general they donīt take the game as serious as young ones. They create tough army lists and put up a great fight, but you seldon hear cheese cries or one going angry about a game.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2008, 02:31:05 PM »

I know waht you mean there.

I mean I probably classify as a younger game to you but then I don't yell cheese (just write my own cheese to beat it) and while I get angry in game or people (like backseat generals who council the other player so its 1v5 -as has happened before to me) but what happens on the battlefield stays on the battlefield.

• Members
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2008, 02:37:58 PM »
I donīt mind if some gang up on me...in most games in our club they all hope I loose because it happens rare enough and as soon I get my pounding they might switch sides again. I like the gamers attitude not to moan about a hard list but to find a way to beat it. Also to be a good winner (meaning not running around doing the crazy chicken victory dance after a massacre) is a thing that younger gamers often have not inherited.

*got to go for my victory dance*

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2008, 02:45:44 PM »
Hahah

this kid kept loosing against 1 guy so my mate lost the game to keep the young kid playing the hobby. The kid pointed and yelled YEAAA SUCK THAT! and jumped for joy before running around the store to all the locals going "I just beat Bla blaa"

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2008, 03:01:58 PM »
I feel kinda bad if I manage a massacre... I think I'd rather win by solid victories. Massacre is a brutal word for battles that could have swung the other way with just a few different rolls. Anyone who dances around and brags after such a victory... I dunno, seems like the point is already made.

Just thought I'd throw that in there because reading your convo made me think about it.

It doesn't matter what kind of sport or game I am playing, a close victory is 10 times more fun than a thrashing.
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2008, 03:03:56 PM »
thats true. But how many times have you played where it was as simple as not wheeling 1 inch or rolling a 3 when you needed a 4 that resulted in your enemy (or you) gaining a massacre?

All battles are fun as long as they'er played by fun generals. No matter how tactically competant a general is if the guy is a wank to play against then the games not fun.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2008, 03:19:44 PM »
Yeh, that should be in the rulebook, no playing if you're not playing for fun  :-P
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

• Members
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2008, 03:53:04 PM »
Especially in tournament games it is often important to win by a massacre to join the higher ranks. Playing in my gaming group is also training for the tournaments. You are right that most games that end in a draw are much more fun because there is more tension and joy in the battle because it could go this way or that. But even if I win by a massacre I want to enjoy my victory and for that you need also a guy that can take a defeat and come back to his feet smashing you the next game.

"Real bravery is not winning a battle, but to live with a defeat!"

Anyhow being a babyface and playing empire helped me through lots of games, they are still seen as "weak" army by lots of players. Perhaps I should pick up a new underdog army I think TK are going to suffer big time against the new vampires.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 05:48:38 PM by Fandir Nightshade »