home

Author Topic: Mordheim - Crossbow Pistol Question  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Johan Willhelm

• Members
  • ~~~~~~~~~~
Mordheim - Crossbow Pistol Question
« on: December 08, 2008, 03:57:50 PM »
Hokey Smokes I've been playing Mordheim for many a year but while I was flicking through the rule book the other day I wondered if I've been playing the crossbow pistol rules wrong.

If used to benefit from the "shoot at the enemy in the close combat phase" do they "take up a hand"?

eg My Witch Hunter Captain has a sword, a mace and a crossbow pistol. If he uses the crossbow pistol can he use both the sword and the mace in close combat as the crossbow pistol shot is loosed prior to combat . . .  :|

Confuzzled Johan  :|

Cheers as ever!  :mrgreen:
Rufas the Eccentric:
Some times there will be threads on controversial subjects . . . Reasonable people can disagree about these things . . . It is important to not make personal attacks or get drawn in to personal attacks.

Be it ethics or muppets. Rufas was a good man.

الني

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
Re: Mordheim - Crossbow Pistol Question
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:08:45 PM »
My group plays that it does, since the attack is an always strikes first in hand-to-hand attack even if its resolved with ballistic skill -2.  We switch out the weapon in subsequent rounds. 

Others may do it differently... :happy:
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline Johan Willhelm

• Members
  • ~~~~~~~~~~
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 09:17:56 PM »
My group plays that it does, since the attack is an always strikes first in hand-to-hand attack even if its resolved with ballistic skill -2.  We switch out the weapon in subsequent rounds. 

Others may do it differently... :happy:

I think your right . . .

We've been playing it he shoots prior to combat and can do whatever the Dickens he likes with his hands (steady now) in combat. So he can use Crossbow pistol, sword, mace all in one round . . . But you can understand why we did that  :-D

Will do it your way I think!  :mrgreen:

Cheers!  :::cheers:::
Rufas the Eccentric:
Some times there will be threads on controversial subjects . . . Reasonable people can disagree about these things . . . It is important to not make personal attacks or get drawn in to personal attacks.

الني

Offline Crimsonsphinx

• Members
  • A mind without purpose walks in dark places
    • marcwalpole
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 11:21:36 PM »
It plays the same as warhammer.  You can stand and shoot and then fight with two hands worth of weapons afterwards.
Stare into the Abyss and the Abyss stares back.

Visit my 40k blog http://2plusdispel.blogspot.com/ updated four or more times a month and offers painting advice and gaming advice for warhammer 40,000

Offline Johan Willhelm

• Members
  • ~~~~~~~~~~
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:38:47 AM »
Oooh "Crimsonphinx" and "Von Kurst" . . . knife fight! :happy:
Rufas the Eccentric:

الني

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »
Screw knives!  This is Mordheim! (Draws sword and crossbow pistol)

And since it is Mordheim its really what makes sense to your group. Although I'd appreciate it if no one e-mails mine about this discussion, because we had moved on and I hate going back.

Since there is no stand and shoot rule in the Mordheim system and the attack is an always strikes first in hand-to-hand, we play that you have that crossbow pistol in your hand.  If the shot was resolved in the movement or shooting phases or if someone had argued strongly that we should just do it like stand and shoot, we might have done differently.  We often have a player or 2 who have never played Warhammer, so if we use a crossover rule we have to explain it as well...

:ph34r:
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)