The Empire at War > Skirmish & Warband

Mordheim - Crossbow Pistol Question

(1/2) > >>

Johan Willhelm:
Hokey Smokes I've been playing Mordheim for many a year but while I was flicking through the rule book the other day I wondered if I've been playing the crossbow pistol rules wrong.

If used to benefit from the "shoot at the enemy in the close combat phase" do they "take up a hand"?

eg My Witch Hunter Captain has a sword, a mace and a crossbow pistol. If he uses the crossbow pistol can he use both the sword and the mace in close combat as the crossbow pistol shot is loosed prior to combat . . .  :|

Confuzzled Johan  :|

Cheers as ever!  :mrgreen:

Von Kurst:
My group plays that it does, since the attack is an always strikes first in hand-to-hand attack even if its resolved with ballistic skill -2.  We switch out the weapon in subsequent rounds. 

Others may do it differently... :happy:

Johan Willhelm:

--- Quote from: Von Kurst on December 08, 2008, 09:08:45 PM ---My group plays that it does, since the attack is an always strikes first in hand-to-hand attack even if its resolved with ballistic skill -2.  We switch out the weapon in subsequent rounds. 

Others may do it differently... :happy:

--- End quote ---

I think your right . . .

We've been playing it he shoots prior to combat and can do whatever the Dickens he likes with his hands (steady now) in combat. So he can use Crossbow pistol, sword, mace all in one round . . . But you can understand why we did that  :-D

Will do it your way I think!  :mrgreen:

Cheers!  :::cheers:::

Crimsonsphinx:
It plays the same as warhammer.  You can stand and shoot and then fight with two hands worth of weapons afterwards.

Johan Willhelm:
Oooh "Crimsonphinx" and "Von Kurst" . . . knife fight! :happy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version