home

Author Topic: The Ex-Province of SOLLAND  (Read 211162 times)

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
  • For the Emperor, the Empire & Sigmar
The Ex-Province of SOLLAND
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »
Officially formed in year 1 IC from the Menogoth tribe, who fought along side Sigmar at the battle of Black Fire Pass. Solland played a very standard part within the Empire, even contributing a few Emperors over time, although sadly they were a far cry from some of the Empires' more strong willed Emperors', including our most beloved present Emperor, Karl Franz.

Unfortunately Solland was sacked in 1707 when the Orc Warlord Gorbad Ironclaw led a massive waaagh through the Black Fire Pass and into the south of the Empire, the province was never able to recover after the Elector Count of Solland, Count Eldred Von Heugonloewd, was slain and his crown and RuneFang were taken after Gorbad slew Eldred in a one on one duel in battle that historians call "the Battle of Solland's Crown".

When Gorbad's waagh was finally defeated at the siege of Altdorf, the Count of Wissenland absorbed what remains of old Solland on the western side of the upper Riek, whilst Averland claimed the lands of Solland on the eastern side, which included the Black Fire Pass.

During the late half of 2400's to 2500, the core area of Solland had at last regained it's provincial and electoral status under the new guile of "Sudenland", with the Von Mecklenburg family as the new rulers.  However, Johann von Mecklenburg abdicated his rule of the province to his cousin's, the Toppenhiemer's due to a chaos raid at his family estates which left many of his family dead and his brother captured.

Sudenland did not long survive the Toppenhiemer's leadership, as it was absorbed back into Wissenland and it's electoral vote handed to the Von Liebwits who have since ruled as the Elector of Wissenland and Nuln.

Current Ruler: Count Eldred Von Heugonloewd
Capital: Pheildorf
State Colours:Brown and Yellow
Symbol: The Sun appears on all coat of Arms and the State's Battle Standard.
Map:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:10:18 PM by Captain Gerntass »
Long live the Crown of Solland

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: The Province of Solland of Olde
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 02:57:40 PM »
Wissenland is the most southern province, even when Solland was around.  The Wissenland area before the annexation was from Nuln/Wissenburg area and stretched down to Kreutzhofen, sandwiched between the Grey Mountains (I believe) and the River Sol.

I haven't had a chance to do up the map, but will do so hopefully tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 02:59:57 PM by wissenlander »
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 03:15:06 PM »
For all those in favour of the rise of Solland place your name, your generals name and your barony/county/town that fall under your protection and let yourselves be known.

Captain Gerntass- Baron Nathaniel Von-Phiefraucher-Kreutzhofen/Pheildorf- Green, Red & white w/Silver Crown
Uryens de crux- Baron Uryen de Crux- Wusterberg-
forthelady-
WolfyGriess-   -Meissen- Black&Green, Blue&Red
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:44:26 AM by Captain Gerntass »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 03:37:38 PM »
The Southern most province of the Empire, before its downfall in 1707 by the invasion of Gorbad Ironclaw the silver crawn of Solland controled all the lands from the Grey mountains in the west to the BlackFire were the Black mountains meet the WorldsEdge, bordered by the Black mountains to the South, the Grey mountains to the west, the WorldsEdge to the east and the Provinces of Wissenland, Averland and Stirland to the north. Pheildorf was the capital where his Lordship, Count Eldred held his court during the time known as the Time of the 3 Emperors. Ere it fell, all that remains is the county of Sudenland, anexed by Wissenland while the eastern counties fall under Averlands dominian.

Current Ruler: Elector Count Eldred (Died 1707)
Capital: Pheildorf
State Colours: coming soon

Map: coming soon
Hmmm ... "current ruler" seems like a bit of a misnomer, but perhaps "last ruler" instead?

As for state colors ... is this something that can be dredged up from the annuals of GW history?

And a map ... does one exist, or will it be just conjecture?

By the way, three cheers for this thread! :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 03:45:57 PM »
Thank you GamesPoet, I left the name of the last true ruler of Solland to kind of anow all those wissenlanders out there, I am currently doing futher research for the map but I do beleive wissenlander is going to be doing one so i'll have to wait and see what he does.
I'll be doing a vote on a selection of colours most associated with Solland.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:25:29 PM by Captain Gerntass »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 04:07:33 PM »
Sorry, but he isn't likely the current ruler since the GW calendar for WFB is some 800 plus years ahead of fall of Solland at this point, making it doubtful that the last ruler is still alive. :icon_wink:

As far as taking a vote, I'd say folks can use what ever colors they desire, since Solland doesn't exist in the current era of the Olde World of WFB.  If they are ever able to re-emerge, then perhaps GW will give them some state colors, but until then, whatever confederation of players choosing to model Sollanders can be free to choose what ever colors they like for their armies of rebellion, sedition, and tradition. :icon_cool:

I'm looking forward to seeing the map. :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:18:00 PM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 06:42:02 PM »
Sorry, but he isn't likely the current ruler since the GW calendar for WFB is some 800 plus years ahead of fall of Solland at this point, making it doubtful that the last ruler is still alive. :icon_wink:

As far as taking a vote, I'd say folks can use what ever colors they desire, since Solland doesn't exist in the current era of the Olde World of WFB.  If they are ever able to re-emerge, then perhaps GW will give them some state colors, but until then, whatever confederation of players choosing to model Sollanders can be free to choose what ever colors they like for their armies of rebellion, sedition, and tradition. :icon_cool:

I'm looking forward to seeing the map. :icon_biggrin:

Well once more of my fellow Sollanders suffice we can discuss either which one will lead the caurse or if we can create a sufficiant "Character" to lead us, as for the State colours Green, Red and Orange seem to be the leading colours that every one is choosing.

I am nearly at the halfway point with my map so hopefully it will be done soon for everyone to critasize :happy:

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
Veldemere will be laying claim to the Solland throne before long, I'm sure. :closed-eyes:

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 06:47:19 PM »
Veldemere will be laying claim to the Solland throne before long, I'm sure. :closed-eyes:

I have heard that name mentioned somewhere before but who is he? :dry:

Offline Von Breden

• Members
  • Remembering the Eccentric
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 07:28:22 PM »
Another Solland player on this forum.
Quote from: Siberius
I never noticed your height on account of your fabulous manly imperial beard.

He who has such amazing facial hair will never be short in the eyes of his comrades!

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 07:33:11 PM »
Another Solland player on this forum.

I'll have to speak to him sometime, see if he'll join our noble caurse.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »

Here's the former lands of Solland as I've come to know it.  Some of the points are up for debate, like where is the divide line when the Sol divides into the Sonne, Hornberg and Aulen Rivers.  Also, where the lands go into Averland as well is some conjecture considering there are no natural boundaries that would indicate such.

The map itself isn't official, so it's hard to say.  The Sol continues down towards Kreutzhofen, which from what I know has always been a Wissenland possession.  I suppose the actual spot on Kreutzhofen is debatable as well.  I don't really know if Solland looped around all the way down, though.

This map is based off of my guestimation.  Thanks to Giladis for all the help.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 03:57:17 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 04:29:35 PM »
The map looks very good! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »
Wissenlander how do you insert pictures from your computer on to this forum becouse i am having problems trying to upload my map.

Offline Elden

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 03:18:53 AM »
Hmmm, I am curious, how do you have a solland army when the state no longer technically exists? There isn't any formal army in this province now.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 01:07:55 PM »
Wissenlander how do you insert pictures from your computer on to this forum becouse i am having problems trying to upload my map.

Photobucket.

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 02:06:18 PM »
Elden, the armed forces of Solland are raised by the nobility so they couyld be anything from an armed rabble to a well disciplined and well organised regiment.

Wissenlander, erm , thanks  :unsure: :eusa_wall:

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 02:07:30 PM »
The only way to upload images is through a third party website that formats the picture properly.  There isn't a way to put it directly on here from your computer.  I use photobucket. :wink:

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »
Thanx anyway wissenlander, I'll keep trying anyway.

My map was basically the same as yours except I made a red dotted line along the river between the towns of Wurmgrube and Owingen which start at the Grey Mountains then stops at the Sol river, it follows exactly the way around the map you marked down along the River Riek  until it finishes at the River Staffel halfway into the Black Mountains. I also placed a green line to represent the borders of Sudenland, it follows the exact same lines as you have marked down but it continues to follow the River Soll to were it begins just past Kruetzhofen. I also placed down the boundries of my Barony in purple, it starts at Winter's Teeth Pass were the River Soll begins, follow it round until you come to Kruetzhofen, continue north past the west side of Weilerberg following the edge of the forest, keep following the edge of the 1st forest until you come back to the River Soll, continue to follow the River Soll until you reach the River Sonne, the River Sonne marks the Eastern most border of my lands.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:27:01 PM by Captain Gerntass »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 03:02:55 PM »
Thanx anyway wissenlander, i'll keep trying anyway.

My map was basically the same as yours except i made a red dotted line along the river between the towns of Wurmgrube and Owingen which start at the Grey Mountains then stops at the Sol river, it follows exactly the way around the map you marked down along the River Riek  until it finishes at the River Staffel halfway into the Black Mountains.

Would you consider that land to have been apart of old Solland?  The capital of Wissenburg would reside in that territory and I don't see that being an option.

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 03:46:58 PM »
No, Wissenburg is still safely within Wissenland, seperated by 2 rivers from old Solland.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 03:47:35 PM »
I'm not understanding Capt. Gerntass' description of the bounderies.  And I didn't understand the description as having included Wissenburg either.  Probably easier with more detail given in CG's description or a map.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »
I wasn't sure what the thought process was between Wurmgrube and Owingen.

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 05:21:54 PM »
I must apologise for the description but once I can uplaod my map you will understand.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:27:41 PM by Captain Gerntass »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
No problem, and no rush. :icon_cool: