home

Author Topic: Warcry - Warhammer CCG  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Johan Willhelm

• ~~~~~~~~~~
Warcry - Warhammer CCG
« on: February 22, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »
So my bid (indeed my literal eBay bids) to get into Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay have halted for a time, partially due to a lack of moolah to do it properly and partially as it seems they're rereleasing it shortly. Anywho despite almost no background in CCG I was looking into Warcry and thought it looked rather spiffy. Just want to know what people think of it, good bad etc.

Oh and can you still purchase it?

What would I need?

Link to the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WarCry_(game)
Rufas the Eccentric:
Some times there will be threads on controversial subjects . . . Reasonable people can disagree about these things . . . It is important to not make personal attacks or get drawn in to personal attacks.

Be it ethics or muppets. Rufas was a good man.

الني

Offline Lord Quiran de Lancastre

• My idiocy knows no bounds
Re: Warcry - Warhammer CCG
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 04:09:39 PM »
the game came out when I was running a gaming store in southern california. The company sent some reps to show us how it worked and tried to get us to carry it.

Personally I didn't care for it. The mechanics are rather simple and it seems to lack the kind of timing and strategy that MTG requires.

I remember that the first decks that came out, one of them could beat all the others regardless of the draw provided you played it right.

Just not my cup of tea.

Offline Johan Willhelm

• ~~~~~~~~~~
Re: Warcry - Warhammer CCG
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 09:11:50 PM »
Cheers for that man.

It seems with but one response and that wasn't glowing I may well look elsewhere for my pleasures, cheers again!  :happy:
Rufas the Eccentric:
Some times there will be threads on controversial subjects . . . Reasonable people can disagree about these things . . . It is important to not make personal attacks or get drawn in to personal attacks.

Be it ethics or muppets. Rufas was a good man.

الني